What should Dallas do at QB?

Dallas94Ware

What should Dallas do at QB?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dallas...

• Ride out the storm with Rush/DiNucci until Dak returns?
    • Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo?
    • Trade for another player (put name in post below)?
    • Garrett Gilbert was not all that bad..is he still available?
    • Put Dak on permanant IR and bank on a top draft choice?
    • Sign available free agent/practice squad player (name below)

35 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

You said that only stupid players let balls bounce off of them, so I asked if Jamarr Chase is a stupid player since he had a pass literally bounce off of his head on Sunday.

If you can, re watch that play. It looks like that ball was directly behind the Chiefs defender’s helmet and he couldn’t see it til it literally hit him in the helmet. He reaching out with his left hand thinking the ball was landing there, at least that’s how I saw it 🤷‍♂️

25 minutes ago, PincheJimmy said:

If you can, re watch that play. It looks like that ball was directly behind the Chiefs defender’s helmet and he couldn’t see it til it literally hit him in the helmet. He reaching out with his left hand thinking the ball was landing there, at least that’s how I saw it 🤷‍♂️

Agreed. My point here is that the ball bouncing off of a player doesn’t make them stupid.

On 1/30/2023 at 9:21 AM, DaBoys said:

So Lamb is the 10th best WR in the league? And Amari Cooper the 19th? Interesting. 

It is Lamb over Chase All I know is earlier in year Cincy was terrible with out Chase but that may be more only having 1 good receiver.  Also what is interesting is what really holds Lamb down is his catch rate   We did notice he dropped a ton of what I would consider easy catches this year. Cincy thus has two top 30 WR   Also interesting that SF and Philly both have two in top 10.   SD has 3 in top 40.  Gallup is at 107..    I don’t know how much I trust this a true evaluator  but it is something anyway. 

4 hours ago, TVScout said:

Dropped passes are not the same as balls bouncing off of pass catchers.  Every body will do the former but only stupid players do the latter.

Yes they are. Every QB deals with it. My advice to you would be to watch other teams play. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Yes they are. Every QB deals with it. My advice to you would be to watch other teams play. 

Agrees I see it regularly and the reality is passes bouncing off if receivers are also not automatic interceptions and pick six which seemed to happen regularly with us this season. 

I will give my take on mist of Dak’s problems and other posters take on Dak and this whole mess.  I ignore he is inaccurate, the numbers and eye test show is is as accurate and in a way more accurate then  most QB’s.  Does that mean that every pass is perfectly placed of course not but he does regularly hit the receiver in stride.  I agre at times it seems Dak does seem not to see the field as well as we would like.  I do know Dak goes through his progressions regularly so not sure what is going wrong. But yes at times we are wondering why didn’t he throw it to that guy.   Personally I don’t see this as a major issue at all thougH and give it little credence as “problem”

NOW the BAD.   Under heavy pressure Dak at times makes bad decisions either not throwing it away soon enough.   Dak also seems to be too risky with some of his throws trusting his receiver too much.  Or trying to make something happen in desperation.  In the same vein this season I did see him make a lot of throws that he seemed to make the throw with out really “looking”.  This mostly has happened when he is looking one way then suddenly throws to a different target.   The perfect example of the two situations were recent interceptions in Washington and SF. Dak seemed to be looking one way then turned  and made the throw all in one motion. In the pick six a safety seemed to not do what Dak or the coaches expected and thus was in perfect position to make the pick SF the receiver did not run a good route and Dak didn’t notice before he threw the ball.  The other interception was Dak making a too risky throw while trusting his receiver a little too much to make a play   This really does get Dak in trouble especially if the receiver makes mistakes 

The good.  See TB play off game a ton of perfect deep balls nice rhythm throws. He did set the team record for consecutive completed passes for a reason. Both in playoffs and regular season.  He can make all the throws that is not the issue.  Dak also is good with his feet most of the time he does roll out well and make good plays on the run.  Dak also is a better runner than most and can make big game changing plays with his feet. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TVScout said:

That is what smart teams do. It is what Jimmy did after drafting Troy. And what Walsh did after drafting Joe. And what the Stealers did after drafting  Terry. As I posted earlier Dak's passing map is a horseshoe. Smallish agile WRs are useful but he needs a tall one or two to dominate the sidelines. The type of running game is a secondary issue. It is relevant but not critical.

Soooo, oh boy I can't believe I'm going to say this but, would it be a good idea to trade Lamb for another no 1, draft or sign a big possession WR, take BPA in draft with 1st pick, then DL or OL with second 1st round pick.

Dont get me wrong, I love Lamb, but I think he is going to waste his career here because his skill set does not fit with Prescott's skill set.

We need 6 ft 1, 210 lb receivers that can push right thru press coverage and get between the CB and the QB.

I know no one here wants to hear this but I would love to take Bjion RB from Texas.

Cut Elliott, roll with the other 2 backs and go by commitee.

I know none of this will ever happen, but it would be a significant upgrade to our offense.

3 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Soooo, oh boy I can't believe I'm going to say this but, would it be a good idea to trade Lamb for another no 1, draft or sign a big possession WR, take BPA in draft with 1st pick, then DL or OL with second 1st round pick.

Dont get me wrong, I love Lamb, but I think he is going to waste his career here because his skill set does not fit with Prescott's skill set.

We need 6 ft 1, 210 lb receivers that can push right thru press coverage and get between the CB and the QB.

I know no one here wants to hear this but I would love to take Bjion RB from Texas.

Cut Elliott, roll with the other 2 backs and go by commitee.

I know none of this will ever happen, but it would be a significant upgrade to our offense.

I’m all for cutting Elliott, but I’d prefer not to draft a RB in the 1st round unless he’s the BPA and there aren’t any reasonable offers to trade down. I’d much rather draft either another WR or a DT like Siaki Ika of he’s still on the board.

4 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I just feel like there are larger needs than addressing the RB room with an early pick. Assuming Pollard is healthy and ready to go  the team already has that guy. 

It’s quite the large assumption right now though considering he’s not under contract with us for next year.

Zeke is talking pay cut, and the Jonesi are talking him up. Very real chance we go into next season with Zeke, a draft pick, and Davis at RB. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DaBoys said:

It’s quite the large assumption right now though considering he’s not under contract with us for next year.

Zeke is talking pay cut, and the Jonesi are talking him up. Very real chance we go into next season with Zeke, a draft pick, and Davis at RB. 

A dumb franchise doing what dumb franchises do. The only reason I see them keeping Zeke is due Jerry’s feelings about him. For Zeke to still be on the team over Pollard in 2023 is criminal.