What should Dallas do at QB?

Dallas94Ware

What should Dallas do at QB?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dallas...

• Ride out the storm with Rush/DiNucci until Dak returns?
    • Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo?
    • Trade for another player (put name in post below)?
    • Garrett Gilbert was not all that bad..is he still available?
    • Put Dak on permanant IR and bank on a top draft choice?
    • Sign available free agent/practice squad player (name below)

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Dak landing on the team he did, has done nothing but propel his career and success like a rocket ship. We’ve invested plenty in toys for him. 2 of our first 3 draft picks this year were for Dak. 

At some point we need DAK to produce. 

You left off coaching...

32 minutes ago, D82 said:

You left off coaching...

For some reason or another, Dallas just can not put a complete team together. 

good on offense, bad on defense

good on defense, bad on offense 

great in defense, atrocious on offense

great on offense, atrocious on defense

Its been a never ending cycle like this for a very long time. 

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

Not disputing that the QB play was bad. Disputing that Dak is an awful QB. 

I don’t know that anyone still believes he is overall “awful.” He has had some awful games, but he’s had some great ones as well.

I think he is above average. I don’t feel he is elite in any aspect other than maybe leadership. I think he is closer to a stop gap bus driver than an elite QB that elevates his team. 

His numbers are near identical to Kirk Cousin’s. And I mean damn near spot on identical. From TD:INT ratio, QBR, Completion percentage. Him and Cousins are two peas in a pod. Is either QB terrible? Of course not. But they are dangerous for a franchise. They are almost guaranteed to keep you from the SB AND keep you from drafting top 10. 

We’ve now jettisoned two WRs because Dak couldn’t work with them on or off the field and those two WRs were completely different on and off the field. 

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I don’t know that anyone still believes he is overall “awful.” He has had some awful games, but he’s had some great ones as well.

I think he is above average. I don’t feel he is elite in any aspect other than maybe leadership. I think he is closer to a stop gap bus driver than an elite QB that elevates his team. 

His numbers are near identical to Kirk Cousin’s. And I mean damn near spot on identical. From TD:INT ratio, QBR, Completion percentage. Him and Cousins are two peas in a pod. Is either QB terrible? Of course not. But they are dangerous for a franchise. They are almost guaranteed to keep you from the SB AND keep you from drafting top 10. 

We’ve now jettisoned two WRs because Dak couldn’t work with them on or off the field and those two WRs were completely different on and off the field. 

He (Dak) at least has won games in primetime. 

Uh...what? Dez was released because he was pretty much done. Amari was moved by the front office because of the whole COVID thing and they're cheap and thought $20MM for a receiver was "too expensive". I don't recall hearing anything about there being bad blood between those two. 

On 9/22/2022 at 1:26 PM, D82 said:

He (Dak) at least has won games in primetime. 

Uh...what? Dez was released because he was pretty much done. Amari was moved by the front office because of the whole COVID thing and they're cheap and thought $20MM for a receiver was "too expensive". I don't recall hearing anything about there being bad blood between those two. 

Dez was still in his 20s. He wasn’t done, he was rendered useless. And obviously they didn’t release Amari for cap purposes, or they would have used the cap space. You may not believe the rumors about Dak and Amari and that’s fine, but how can you say you didn’t even hear them? Google Dak and Amari beef… you’ll get about 50 headlines. Why trade a guy for literally nothing unless there’s a problem in the locker room? Where theres smoke theres usually fire. 

22 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Dez was still in his 20s. He wasn’t done, he was rendered useless. And obviously they didn’t release Amari for cap purposes, or they would have used the cap space. You may not believe the rumors about Dak and Amari and that’s fine, but how can you say you didn’t even hear them? Google Dak and Amari beef… you’ll get about 50 headlines. Why trade a guy for literally nothing unless there’s a problem in the locker room? Where theres smoke theres usually fire. 

I mean Dak came out publically and said he was cool with Amari's COVID decision. And if I remember that rumor was never substantiated by anybody credible. 

Jerry and Stephen were upset Cooper missed time due to COVID. They had an offensive coordinator who can't scheme guys open to save his life, so used his drop in production as a reason to justify him not being worth the $20MM price tag. They continually said they would probably release him, therefore driving down any chance they had at getting more compensation, because Jerry and Stephen can't STFU about anything and have to be in front of the camera constantly creating drama around this team. 

And notice Dez never got on anywhere after Dallas. Sure, he signed with NO, but then immediately got injured. Missed two years, played a few games in Baltimore in 2020 and hasn't played since. I'd say he was done. 

It's almost as if Jerry and Stephen are trying to justify their decision to overpay for a glorified fullback. Make excuses for their hiring piss-poor coaches who are "yes" men and that they effectively neuter because they constantly have to create soundbytes that people buy into (see the recent Dak v. Rush soundbyte). 

Use the cap and Dak's contract (that could have been much cheaper had they gotten a deal done sooner rather than hand deals to Elliott and Jaylon Smith) as excuses as to why they can't keep Cooper and Collins or bring in big FA's. The team is a ****show, but people buy in because Jerry is so good at selling a polished piece of **** and the brainless bandwagoners keep following along and spending their money on a mediocre product.