What should Dallas do at QB?

Dallas94Ware

What should Dallas do at QB?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dallas...

• Ride out the storm with Rush/DiNucci until Dak returns?
    • Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo?
    • Trade for another player (put name in post below)?
    • Garrett Gilbert was not all that bad..is he still available?
    • Put Dak on permanant IR and bank on a top draft choice?
    • Sign available free agent/practice squad player (name below)

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Legit point… when Tyron Smith comes back does he immediately become the LT?  Or has baby Smith now earned the LT job?  Tyron started out as a rt for us.  Do we move him back to rt?  Smith, Peters, Badass, Martin, Smith could be extremely formidable come the playoffs.

anyone who says Tyler Smith earned the lt job has to apply the same principle to Dak/Rush.  If Rush beats Philly in Philly, I don’t think you can pull him.  I said the same thing with Dak and Romo.  Winning trumps everything.  I’d go as far as to say the coaches would lose credibility if they pulled Rush without Dak earning his spot back.  Just like the coaches would lose credibility if Tyron get his LT job back.

Terrence Steele has been playing well too though. If Tyler Smith has earned a spot with his play certainly Steele has as well. I think you get your best 5 on the field. That means Tyler goes back to LG.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

One thing we can hopefully agree on, is the excuses for Dak need to completely and abruptly end. There is a large group of you in here that CONSTANTLY excuse Daks play. He doesn’t have weapons, the OL is overrated, his defense let him down, his coaching staff sucks, the FO is messed up from the top down, blah blah blah….

If Dak is sooo much better than Cooper Rush… If Dak is the top 7 QB that some of you think he is, if Dak is what he’s paid to be, then he has no excuse to not make a deep playoff run with this team. 

Dak is way better than Rush. To question that is actually laughable. That said the formula to winning is RUN THE BALL to set up the pass. That was always winning football that allows defenses to stay fresh, eat clock, and wear down the opponet. This team got throw happy cause Dak can and at time it was needed cause the defense was so bad. That is no longer the case.

Dak has had bad games but if the defense was not balling Rush would have been cut by now. If the defense has an average night then this team is toast. When Dak returns they need to keep this same system, only Dak will be able to take better advantage of the situations. But running the ball will allow him to knock off the rust. He can't do any worse than Rush which isn't much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ACO said:

Dak is way better than Rush. To question that is actually laughable. That said the formula to winning is RUN THE BALL to set up the pass. That was always winning football that allows defenses to stay fresh, eat clock, and wear down the opponet. This team got throw happy cause Dak can and at time it was needed cause the defense was so bad. That is no longer the case.

Dak has had bad games but if the defense was not balling Rush would have been cut by now. If the defense has an average night then this team is toast. When Dak returns they need to keep this same system, only Dak will be able to take better advantage of the situations. But running the ball will allow him to knock off the rust. He can't do any worse than Rush which isn't much.

Can’t do worse than Rush? 😂 Brother, it gets way worse than Rush. I agree he isn’t carrying the team but he’s done everything asked of him. He only threw 16 passes against LA, are we surprised he didn’t have 400 yards and 5 TDs? 

He’s over 90 QBR on the year with no picks in 4 starts. I’d say we could definitely do worse. 

Edited by DaBoys

27 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Can’t do worse than Rush? Brother, it gets way worse than Rush. I agree he isn’t carrying the team but he’s done everything asked of him. He only threw 16 passes against LA, are we surprised he didn’t have 400 yards and 5 TDs? 

He’s over 90 QBR on the year with no picks in 4 starts. I’d say we could definitely do worse. 

I mean in offensive performance. He is doing what is expected but as I said.... if the defense has a bad day --- what will happen to this team? Dak can do what Rush is doing and way more. This is Rush's ceiling. It has worked with bad offensive teams but we about to see him against a good one.

Also Rush turnover luck will snap. He has thrown like 6 picks already that didn't count. They got lucky. Lol. No shame but I mean come on.

7 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Interesting. Make of it what you will. 

It’s a damn good approach. If our offense can just sustain some more drives or extend them out some to give our Defense a rest, then it will be even better. Run game is very crucial with this approach. 

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Interesting. Make of it what you will. 

It is smart. Play good defense, run the ball, make big throwing plays as needed. That is winning football. The only thing they lacking right now is more offensive juice.

21 minutes ago, D82 said:

I think Bobby is manipulating the stats here a bit- comparing Dallas’ numbers with Dak to everyone else’s overall averages over 4 years, which doesn’t fairly account for other teams’ QB injuries/situational absences. Kind of cheating.

Still, it’s clear our offense has been mostly effective with Prescott in the lineup the last 3-4 years. There have just been too many times in his last half dozen or so home starts that they can’t get anything going till they’re down multiple possessions late, which is a trend that needs to end.

42 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I think Bobby is manipulating the stats here a bit- comparing Dallas’ numbers with Dak to everyone else’s overall averages over 4 years, which doesn’t fairly account for other teams’ QB injuries/situational absences. Kind of cheating.

Still, it’s clear our offense has been mostly effective with Prescott in the lineup the last 3-4 years. There have just been too many times in his last half dozen or so home starts that they can’t get anything going till they’re down multiple possessions late, which is a trend that needs to end.

I agree with this. Dak is not a perfect QB.

But any realistic chance for this Cowboys team to have serious postseason success involves Dak playing high-quality football this winter.

Thank you Cooper Rush for not only keeping the boat afloat, but moving it forward as well. But you are relieved of duty once Dak is healthy.

8 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I agree with this. Dak is not a perfect QB.

But any realistic chance for this Cowboys team to have serious postseason success involves Dak playing high-quality football this winter.

Thank you Cooper Rush for not only keeping the boat afloat, but moving it forward as well. But you are relieved of duty once Dak is healthy.

I understand the case that Rush remain the starter up until the point that Dak is all the way up to 100% healthy, but past that, of course he’s returning to the bench.

I do think there is something to be learned from how the game has been called with Rush, though. Something closer to a 50-50 R/P split and more 1st down PA passing could continue to serve this team well, given how the roster is constructed (monstrous defense, two good backs, better run blocking OL than pass blocking). Would also like to see Dak focus more on getting Lamb, Gallup and Brown going downfield over locking onto Schultz- 15 of Rush’s 16 attempts on Sunday and all 10 of his completions went to the three wideouts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D82 said:

We all know (and I’ve shown it many times for that matter) that Dak has an uncanny ability to play put up amazing stats against terrible teams.  Then that ability 100% disappears against good teams until we are down 2 TDs in the fourth quarter.  People say that Rush’s game against the Rams is proof that he’s a QB2.  Okay.  Then Dak’s game against TB is proof that he’s a QB3.  Dak is a more physically talented QB and his ability to run the ball should be better utilized to further stress defenses.  But there is and always has been a downside to Dak that always shows it’s head against good teams.  Rush has already beat more good teams in 4 starts this year than Dak has beat in his entire career.  That’s not hyperbole.

23 hours ago, ACO said:

Dak has one problem that I noticed Rush does not.

Rush gets the ball out quickly. Prescott seems to wait that extra second until his target appears to be open. 

That's when he gets hit, throws into, what soon becomes coverage, turns the ball over, whatever.

He's got to be more decisive with his passes, and he has to start throwing his receivers open.

He clearly is more athletic, has a better knowledge of the position and offers an option as a runner that Rush doesn't.

But he has to play the game faster in his head. Not sure if the playbook is dumbed down for Rush and he has less of a playbook to draw from, or if he just makes faster decisions, but whatever it is, Rush doesn't make many mistakes. This tells me he is playing the game faster and more comfortably in his head than Prescott.