2022 General Season Talk

soflbillsfan

Wasn't sure where to put this but based off of week 1 of NFL what are your thoughts about the Bills and the opposing teams?

I feel like Bills, Chiefs, and Vikings were overall dominant in their games. Tampa was up there too. Shocked to see teams like Titans, Colts, and Bengals struggle week 1. Wonder if this is a glimpse of their season or was just kicking the rust off and will have a bounce back year.

What are the projection for the bills and the AFC now that week 1 is over? Who is the bigger threat to the division, Miami or Pats? Are they even a realistic threat to take the division? AFC South seems like It will be more up for grabs then expected, and Steelers may be a bigger threat then I thought they would be as their defense was dominant yesterday even with Mitch as Qb. Bills, Ravens, Chiefs, are my locks for division. Changed bengals to ravens and thought Denver or Chargers would challenge KC but KC doesnt seem to have lost a step on offense even with departure of hill. 

If people are interested figured we can talk about it each week. Im just glad football is back!

• Like 1

Good idea @soflbillsfan

The Steelers and Vikings games always concerned me. I see the dolphins as the second best team in the East but not a real threat to Buffalo. 

Jets should be in no rush to bring Wilson back with that OL. 

Hopefully the AFC west beats up on one another. Our game vs Baltimore in a few weeks will be huge. 

looking at last years playoff schedule I realized we are playing 5 of the 6 playoff teams that made the playoffs in the AFC and the Superbowl champs. With the raiders being the only team they do not face in regular season.

Pats and Jets both look like they need a couple of years before they can start contending again. The loss of Mcdaniels to raiders and BB's executive decisions have cause this team to take a step back. Jets look like the jets always focused on splashy picks and not focusing on the right draft selections. Should have made it appoint to get oline for wilson over the splashy CB and WR.

I think the biggest upset of the week has to be between titans loss or Denver losing to Geno Smith. Looking forward to Week 2 some good games that I want to see are Chiefs Chargers and Eagles Vikes outside of course the Bills game. I do hope Pats and Jets win to make Browns and Steelers at 1-1. 

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Miami fans talking alot of **** on us.. I hope we go down there and run up the score on them.

It amazes me how quickly they are ready to do that. Allen is 7-1 against them 22 td and 5 Int. Bills are 1st in points on offense and 3 in yards thats with 7 qtrs of play too. Not to mention they have only given up 17 points on defense against the Superbowl Champs and last years #1 AFC seed who their center piece in Henry was completely shut down. Dolphins played a depleted and extremely young ravens d, not to mention the pats d isnt that great anymore compared to the best defense in the league since 2020. I also read that Phins D is the worst in passing yards attempted, 3rd worst in qb passer rating, 5th worst in sacks and qb pressures. I know its only 2 games but its not like those qbs are known for deep balls. Watching Bateman burn Howard was as entertaining as Diggs burning Ramsey. Bills are a different breed then the pats who are spiraling downward with talent on that team and a ravens team who is known to get exposed in the 4th qtr for years now. All in all the only thing I am concerned about is the health of Hyde, if he is out there with poyer I dont care who is wr those guys will be ballhawking tua all game while von and groot not to mention philips, oliver all pressuring tua since their oline is complete trash still. When bills win dolphins fans will call the season and go in to their holes until a team beats the bills, the other half of the fan base will say that they came close and this team is on the right path cause they now have the right coach, even though these same words were said when Flores was HC. Bills win by 21 if everyone is good to play sunday except dane

Feel like CB, Safety, and OT are all needs right now. I like Rhodes is visiting, and I would like to see the bills bring in daryl williams as he knows the team and system, only thing is a change at oline coach but he can fill in at both RT and RG with Doyle on IR and Bates in Concussion protocol it may be best to add a depth player too.

13 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’ll be at the game this weekend. First time back since the November win over Denver back in 2019.

Pretty damn excited to watch Jordan Poyer vs a rookie QB

I'll be there too! I was at the Miami game last year on Halloween. I have a feeling were gonna kick the c out of Pickett. Plus we owe them one for the Season Opener loss last year!

• Like 1

With the injuries at WR. Crowder with a broken ankle, McKenzie in concussion protocol, and Kumerow with an ankle. 

Would the team bring up Hodgins or Tavon Austin

I think Hodgins would be the better choice because he can play on the outside and let Diggs slide inside and eat all day. Plus Hodgins can play ST well too. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

With the injuries at WR. Crowder with a broken ankle, McKenzie in concussion protocol, and Kumerow with an ankle. 

Would the team bring up Hodgins or Tavon Austin

I think Hodgins would be the better choice because he can play on the outside and let Diggs slide inside and eat all day. Plus Hodgins can play ST well too. 

I think we could see both called up if Kumerow and McKenzie are both out. Austin may take over PR duties if Shakir has a bigger role in the offense. 

Gabe Davis needs to get healthy. He’s clearly not the same right now 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

I'll be there too! I was at the Miami game last year on Halloween. I have a feeling were gonna kick the c out of Pickett. Plus we owe them one for the Season Opener loss last year!

Bills are 7-3 against rookie QBs with the losses being:

2018: vs Sam Darnold who had less passing yards than Andre Roberts did KR yards

2021: vs Trevor Lawrence

2021: Vs Mac Jones in the wind game where he attempted 3 passes.

• Like 1