2022 General Season Talk

soflbillsfan

5 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills are 7-3 against rookie QBs with the losses being:

2018: vs Sam Darnold who had less passing yards than Andre Roberts did KR yards

2021: vs Trevor Lawrence

2021: Vs Mac Jones in the wind game where he attempted 3 passes.

Hopefully the loss to them last year sticks with them and they use it to not them hang around this time.

• Like 1

I feel like WR is going to be a need down the stretch. Davis has been kind of nonexistent since his ankle injury, mckenzie has been having his ups and downs and now concussed, crowder and kumerow likely out for awhile with ankle injuries. Leading the only 2 healthy wrs are diggs and shakir. I know they will eventually get healthy but to me it poses the question would it be wise for beane to go all in and convince OBJ to come to buffalo to not only add the element to the field but also make sure that Allen has enough weapons to throw too. 

Also was it the smart move to pay knox over possibly paying poyer? I know poyer's knock is age but he seems to be proving that he is worth it while knox is still consistently inconsistent at times. 

19 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I feel like WR is going to be a need down the stretch. Davis has been kind of nonexistent since his ankle injury, mckenzie has been having his ups and downs and now concussed, crowder and kumerow likely out for awhile with ankle injuries. Leading the only 2 healthy wrs are diggs and shakir. I know they will eventually get healthy but to me it poses the question would it be wise for beane to go all in and convince OBJ to come to buffalo to not only add the element to the field but also make sure that Allen has enough weapons to throw too. 

Also was it the smart move to pay knox over possibly paying poyer? I know poyer's knock is age but he seems to be proving that he is worth it while knox is still consistently inconsistent at times. 

The issue with OBJ is he won’t be ready until the middle or end of November anyway. He won’t help us in the meantime. 

If the Bills want to keep Poyer, they will. Knox needs to get going and unfortunately he’s been banged up and likely still going through some mental stuff, but I don’t think his contract will stop them from extending Poyer if that’s what they choose to do. 

On 10/6/2022 at 9:43 AM, Trentwannabe said:

The issue with OBJ is he won’t be ready until the middle or end of November anyway. He won’t help us in the meantime. 

If the Bills want to keep Poyer, they will. Knox needs to get going and unfortunately he’s been banged up and likely still going through some mental stuff, but I don’t think his contract will stop them from extending Poyer if that’s what they choose to do. 

I am not concerned for the meantime I am more concerned with injuries popping up during post season. While yes it is tough to chew right now having shakir and even hodgins in the games I am fine with as this team shouldnt have an issue making the postseason even with a depleted wr core. To me wr down the stretch will be key and adding another top tier player to go in to the post season may be something beane needs to think about especially when they rely so heavily on passing. Ideally the next few weeks while the wr corps is banged up is to push the run the ball or more bubble screens to the rbs to allow some relief on the wrs

Apparently Von Miller is telling people that OBJ will be a Buffalo Bill just a matter of time

To me knox is still raw and while he was a big red zone threat last year I just dont know if the contract was a smart move based on other guys who will look for new deals in the next year or 2. Poyer, Edmunds, Oliver, and Davis all come to mind that I would prefer over knox but it is what it is at this point and I just hope they can bring poyer back because he is a game changer. The draft will likely need to be heavily focused on oline I just think that is our biggest weakness so far this season.

On 10/7/2022 at 1:21 PM, soflbillsfan said:

I am not concerned for the meantime I am more concerned with injuries popping up during post season. While yes it is tough to chew right now having shakir and even hodgins in the games I am fine with as this team shouldnt have an issue making the postseason even with a depleted wr core. To me wr down the stretch will be key and adding another top tier player to go in to the post season may be something beane needs to think about especially when they rely so heavily on passing. Ideally the next few weeks while the wr corps is banged up is to push the run the ball or more bubble screens to the rbs to allow some relief on the wrs

Apparently Von Miller is telling people that OBJ will be a Buffalo Bill just a matter of time

To me knox is still raw and while he was a big red zone threat last year I just dont know if the contract was a smart move based on other guys who will look for new deals in the next year or 2. Poyer, Edmunds, Oliver, and Davis all come to mind that I would prefer over knox but it is what it is at this point and I just hope they can bring poyer back because he is a game changer. The draft will likely need to be heavily focused on oline I just think that is our biggest weakness so far this season.

Same here, were one or two more injuries away from catastrophe 

Bring OBJ in 

15 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Isaiah Hodgins had a strong game, folllowing a strong camp. Is he cementing a permanent spot now with McKenzie, Crowder and Kumerow down?

I dont think so to me Hodgins reminds me so much of Duke Williams. I said this in the preseason and when I say he reminds me of him its not about his style of play its simply the fan favorite that people continue to root for him which is great but he is on psqaud for a reason. Yes he played decent yesterday but in no way do I want to see him on the field come postseason that means these guys are out. I did however think Shakir stepped up, overall solid performance but he did have some miscues which could have been costly had it been against competition in the post season. The easy drop pass for a 1st down and while I get wind was nuts yesterday not able to bring down that one punt in which he was around the 20 yd line to field the catch he missed judged it and it ended bouncing to the 1 yd line putting the bills offense in a tough position. While I hope shakir and hodgins get better and its great they get to see playing time I do not want to count on them come post season. If it means that players are still injured then I hope its OBJ coming in. Like Von Miller yesterday getting a couple of double teams and I even saw a triple team at one point OBJ's name alone would force opposing teams to make changes like they do for Von. Diggs Davis and OBJ would be a scary trio not to mention sprinkling in mckenzie and shakir. 

Big props to Morris while he did cough the ball up on the one he had made several spectacular plays and I see him as a solid #2 TE over sweeney.

1 hour ago, DER10N92 said:

OBJ was spotted at the Buffalo airport today

For real?

Would make sense to sign him a week before the bye week to get him up to speed on the playbook, etc. I know he wouldn't play for longer than that but interesting timing between the Tre White activation and now OBJ. Seems like the plan was to make these moves prior to the bye.

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

For real?

Would make sense to sign him a week before the bye week to get him up to speed on the playbook, etc. I know he wouldn't play for longer than that but interesting timing between the Tre White activation and now OBJ. Seems like the plan was to make these moves prior to the bye.

Yep. There was a twitter thread and he commented on it when someone brought up why he wouldn't stay with the Rams and he made it sound like they pretty much don't want him.