2022 General Season Talk

soflbillsfan

7 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Looking forward what we gonna do with Gabriel Davis ? Hes literally getting more expensive by the week. We have Tremaine Edmunds, Devin Singletary and Jordan Poyer in line for substantial raises.

Does it make more sense to entertain trade offers for Davis this offseason and relocate money towards Poyer and Edmunds?

This is gonna be the unpopular debate but it might the most sense for the sake of our franchise. I would think as of right now, Davis would command no less then what AJ Brown got from the Eagles 

I feel like Davis might be the odd man out. I think we will be able to get cheap WR in free agency that want to play with Josh and find guys in the draft that can fill Gabe's spot. Josh Allen is so good that he elevates everyone around him. I like Gabe, but I don't think he is nearly as good on most other teams in the league.

19 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Looking forward what we gonna do with Gabriel Davis ? Hes literally getting more expensive by the week. We have Tremaine Edmunds, Devin Singletary and Jordan Poyer in line for substantial raises.

Does it make more sense to entertain trade offers for Davis this offseason and relocate money towards Poyer and Edmunds?

This is gonna be the unpopular debate but it might the most sense for the sake of our franchise. I would think as of right now, Davis would command no less then what AJ Brown got from the Eagles 

I wouldn’t trade Davis this off season. Unless he’s holding out and won’t play on his final year of his rookie deal. 

I personally don’t think the Bills should re-sign Singletary at all, but if they do it should be such minimal money that it had no effect on our other FA.

At this point Poyer needs to be priority 1. I think they get it done. Edmunds may depends on their ability to restructure some guys. Oliver needs to continue to play at a strong level, otherwise I might be inclined to let him walk and draft a replacement. 

On 10/21/2022 at 11:04 AM, The BILLievers said:

Thoughts on maybe Kareem Hunt? I feel like he'd have a smaller haul of draft picks + he's a very good receiving back. Maybe not the best off the field guy but I have a feeling Brandon Beane will make one move. This is the prime spot to push the chips all in.. after this season we'll have to make decisions on Poyer, Edmunds and a couple other positions. 

I’d take hunt for a late round pick and Moss.

Think he’s a good fit and adds legitimate threat in the redzone and short yardage. 

7 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I wouldn’t trade Davis this off season. Unless he’s holding out and won’t play on his final year of his rookie deal. 

I personally don’t think the Bills should re-sign Singletary at all, but if they do it should be such minimal money that it had no effect on our other FA.

At this point Poyer needs to be priority 1. I think they get it done. Edmunds may depends on their ability to restructure some guys. Oliver needs to continue to play at a strong level, otherwise I might be inclined to let him walk and draft a replacement. 

Davis is UFA after next season.. If he gets traded itll be this off season, big IF but we might be staring down the barrell of a ****ty cap situation 

Edited by BillsGuy82

On 10/21/2022 at 3:37 PM, Billsfaninptown said:

I feel like Davis might be the odd man out. I think we will be able to get cheap WR in free agency that want to play with Josh and find guys in the draft that can fill Gabe's spot. Josh Allen is so good that he elevates everyone around him. I like Gabe, but I don't think he is nearly as good on most other teams in the league.

If thats the case you get yourself a 1st round pick + for him then draft another WR with one of our two 1st rounders.

Its the salary cap circle of life 

And sign OBJ for the remainder of 2022 and 2023

Edited by BillsGuy82

52 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Davis is UFA after next season.. If he gets traded itll be this off season, big IF but we might be staring down the barrell of a ****ty cap situation 

I know he is but I don’t see why they would trade him. He won’t be costing them anything in 2023 and I don’t think they’d get a first for him.

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I know he is but I don’t see why they would trade him. He won’t be costing them anything in 2023 and I don’t think they’d get a first for him.

Because we probably cant afford him. Definitely not him, Poyer and Edmunds. Davis is probably the most replaceable one of the three imo.

Titans did the same thing last year with AJ Brown when facing cap squeeze. WR trades are becoming common.

And im not saying i want him to be traded next off season. But it might make sense if we cant resign him

16 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Because we probably cant afford him. Definitely not him, Poyer and Edmunds. Davis is probably the most replaceable one of the three imo.

Titans did the same thing last year with AJ Brown when facing cap squeeze. WR trades are becoming common.

And im not saying i want him to be traded next off season. But it might make sense if we cant resign him

The cap is make believe you can afford whoever you want.

19 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Elite WR trades are becoming common when teams don’t want to pay them top 5 WR money. Davis won’t be asking for that. 

Id be shocked if they got a 1st or even a 2nd for him. He’s a TD machine but he has 16 catches on the season and has never had more than 35 in a season. Teams aren’t going to trade a high pick and give him a huge extension. 

They can wait to pay him in Feb/Mar of 2024 when other contracts come off thE books

9 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I will pass on a guy coming off of an achilles tear. Motor is better.

He did look good the first few weeks coming off the injury. But I agree there is not much difference between Motor and JRob. If were going for a RB I'd rather we swung for the fences for a CMC or Kareem Hunt

On 10/23/2022 at 7:04 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Elite WR trades are becoming common when teams don’t want to pay them top 5 WR money. Davis won’t be asking for that. 

Id be shocked if they got a 1st or even a 2nd for him. He’s a TD machine but he has 16 catches on the season and has never had more than 35 in a season. Teams aren’t going to trade a high pick and give him a huge extension. 

They can wait to pay him in Feb/Mar of 2024 when other contracts come off thE books

I'm factoring projection on Davis in a "what have you done lately league". That's what the team is essentially paying for. Seems to have been working out if you look at recent WR deals. Tyreek Hill leads the league in yards, Jalen Hurts developing into a franchise QB with Smith and AJ Brown.. Diggs becoming arguably the best WR in football.

I'll agree to disagree on Davis potential trade value. I just dont see the justification on him not being valued as a 1st or 2nd. I'd rather keep him if that's the case