Trentwannabe

Titans vs. Bills Highlights | Week 5

Last 5 Games:
2021: Buffalo 31 @ Tennessee 34
2020: Buffalo 17 @ Tennessee 42
2019: Buffalo 14 @ Tennessee  7
2018: Tennessee 12 @ Buffalo 13
2015: Buffalo 14 @ Tennessee 13

Buffalo has  won 3 of the last 5. The home team has won 3 of the last 5 games. 4 of the last 5 have been decided by 7 or less with the outlier being the wacky Covid game in 2020.

Same faces, new places:
OG Rodger Saffold: Current Bills starting LG was with the Titans for the last three seasons.
WR Robert Woods: Titans WR Bobby Trees is a former 2nd round pick of the Bills.
Todd Dowing and Jim Schwartz: Titans OC was the Bills QB coach in 2014. The same year jim Schwartz was the Bills DC
DT Daquan Jones: Bills 2022 free agent addition spent the first 7 years of his career in Tennessee.

Injury Report:

Waiting...

Analysis: 

The Bills went into the defending Super Bowl champs house and beat them handily despite multiple turnovers. Josh Allen and the offense looked like they picked up exactly where they left off at the end of the Chiefs game in last years playoffs. Defensively, blockbuster addition Von Miller made his presence known right away as he tallied 2 sacks and the DL had 7 in total. The Bills showed they deserve to be super bowl favorites.

The Titans blew a late lead to the Giants at home in Week 1 looking like they missed some real threats on the outside in AJ Brown. Derrick Henry is still a beast but he won't be able to carry the entire team on his back much longer and teams will continue to stack the box. The Titans defense looked very suspect against the run as Barkley rallied off 164 yards on just 18 carries.

The Bills should win this one. It is their home opener on Monday Night in front of BillsMafia. I could see this one being a party early on. I think we see a healthy amount of Singletary and Knox this week. Allen does what he does in the pass game and of course Gabe Davis scores a TD.

Bills 38
Titans 13.

8 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

of all the weeks oliver and settle might not be ready for MNF as they have been out of practice through today. These guys are what we need monday in order to shut Henry down. 

Totally agree, although DaQuan Jones and Jordan Phillips played really good on Thursday. Would be a huge boost if we can have at least one of these guys going. 

I saw a video of Ed Oliver at practice today and it looks like he's walking gingerly on the right ankle.. not ideal and id rather keep him out one game to get healthy instead of rushing him back. 

23 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Totally agree, although DaQuan Jones and Jordan Phillips played really good on Thursday. Would be a huge boost if we can have at least one of these guys going. 

I saw a video of Ed Oliver at practice today and it looks like he's walking gingerly on the right ankle.. not ideal and id rather keep him out one game to get healthy instead of rushing him back. 

Yea but with the rotation of keeping them fresh would be a blow as they only have 4 on the active roster leaving on those 2 on the field. Likely bring one up from psqaud but even then that is a huge drop in talent. I guess they would put boogie, shaq, and/or epenesa on the inside along with bryant from psqaud if both cant go?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

Not ideal with Dane Jackson.. However, I do think if we are going up against one team without our top 2 CBs the Titans are one of the teams I'd choose. That team runs through Henry and even if they pass on the rookies, I don't see Tannehill out dueling Allen. 

Agreed about the Titans. Their WRs now don’t scare anyone and Taron can take away the slot. 

With a shorter week coming up and against Hill and Waddle, I’d rather wait and make sure Dane is 100% before putting him back out.