Wk 2: Vikings at Eagles MNF

Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nawwwww.

Night games are the best for the west coast. I have to start watching football at 9 am for college and 10 am for NFL. Why do I want to watch and keep up with a ton of games as soon as I get up? Early games being at 1 pm is an advantage for east coast people and late prime time games favors the west coast.

I'm an East coast guy and love night games. I think they're a lot of fun and look forward to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm an East coast guy and love night games. I think they're a lot of fun and look forward to them.

They’re a good change up every so often. I’d rather the afternoon games but to plan a get together or a bar night out with the boys isn’t a bad event a couple times a year. It’s cool but also exhausting watching with a big crowd. One of my favorite Eagle fan moments was watching a season opener at Xfinity Live (a huge confluence of bars and sports watching complex right outside the stadiums in south Philly, for those that don’t know). Crowd was electric. Was really fun. But really overwhelming. I’m a much more reserved and simple man nowadays. Just give me my chair, a decent bite, and my surround sound 75 in. TV (and my phone to ***** about the game to you guys) and I’m good. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nawwwww.

Night games are the best for the west coast. I have to start watching football at 9 am for college and 10 am for NFL. Why do I want to watch and keep up with a ton of games as soon as I get up? Early games being at 1 pm is an advantage for east coast people and late prime time games favors the west coast.

I'm on the west coast time zone too, and I love getting up and watch the games. Night games I absolutely abhor because it's like getting to open your presents after everyone and if it something bad (we lose) I'm too mad to get to sleep at my usual time and if it's good (we win) I'm too hyped to get to bed at my usual time. Either way sucks. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I'm on the west coast time zone too, and I love getting up and watch the games. Night games I absolutely abhor because it's like getting to open your presents after everyone and if it something bad (we lose) I'm too mad to get to sleep at my usual time and if it's good (we win) I'm too hyped to get to bed at my usual time. Either way sucks. 

This is very real, I typically stay up all night after a SNF or MNF game.

• Like 1

I don't like Monday Night Eagles games, since I watch WWE. Would much rather be the Sunday Night game. Nice that I don't have to find a stream that will potentially install a trojan on my computer, but I want my pain or exhilaration from an Eagles win or loss processed by Monday morning. 

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I don't like Monday Night Eagles games, since I watch WWE. Would much rather be the Sunday Night game. Nice that I don't have to find a stream that will potentially install a trojan on my computer, but I want my pain or exhilaration from an Eagles win or loss processed by Monday morning. 

Same mindset for me pretty much. I'd just rather all West Coast teams play TNF, SNF and MNF tbh. 

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Same mindset for me pretty much. I'd just rather all West Coast teams play TNF, SNF and MNF tbh. 

Hell nah. I like the opportunities to utilize Sunday Ticket to watch other games during the early and afternoon slots instead of having to be locked in just to the Eagles game. That was a big thing for me last year is the Eagles barely had prime time games so I was typically having to watch them in the early slot when I only get to really change the channel at commercials.

7 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Of course it sucks when we lose a prime time game, but on the flip side I like the feeling of other people watching our team when it’s the sole game on. Monday night is my least favorite just cause it’s the last game of the week played and you don’t get to enjoy some other good match-ups while you wait. I don’t really like Thursday Night Football too much just cause the match-ups are usually eh (Chargers Chiefs tonight is great), but at least for TNF you get it 4 days before MNF. On the west coast after a game ends there is still sufficient time to be able to get to sleep and if you know you are gonna struggle to, then just take a melatonin or a sleeping pill near or at the end of the game.

I actually think just based on how week 1 went with the Lions that we have a chance to remain 2-0 or even if we lose it will be a close game.

This clip I watched with Sean Payton talking about week 1 in the NFL was interesting to me.

Sean Payton: "I think as a coach after the first weekend.... your perfect scenario is you get the win, but there is so much you get to correct. It's so much easier to come in and correct on a winning Monday. The challenge in this league is coming in after a loss and correcting and changing. So to get the win and then be able to come in and watch the film and say 'Look we won the game, but there's a ton of things we didn't do well!'"

Colin Cowherd: "That's an easier message"

Sean Payton: "That's the best. For the coach! When you fly home and you know we have a lot of stuff to correct.

Colin Cowherd: "Yeah."

Sean Payton: "You know.... I'd love to be the Bills or the Chiefs or the...."

Colin Cowherd: "Where there is not much to correct"

Sean Payton: "And, now you gotta create stuff to correct..... but, winning a game and maybe a game you shouldn't win or you know you didn't play your best and there is enough meat on the bone where the players can see the tape and say "You know you're right". That's a good scenario on Monday."

I think we'll come out a lot more sharp for this one then we did week 1 and we are going to need to cause the Vikings have a good QB, an elite WR, a top 10 RB, and a solid OL along with a defense that held Rodgers to under 200 yards passing, 0 passing TDs, and 1 INT. They were vulnerable on the ground giving up 111 yards on 6.2 YPC and they were tied for 3rd worst in YPC last season, so that's an area we are gonna have to attack this game again. Overall the way their offense looked its gonna be a great test for our defense to see how they can respond from week 1. Vikings are gonna run less man on defense and do more disguise and sim pressures versus the Lions who ran more man coverage and all out blitzes. It'll provide a different challenge. Should be one of the best games of the week on paper besides Chiefs/Chargers tonight or maybe Dolphins/Ravens.

Thursday's Injury Report

Limited: Fletcher Cox (rest), Landon Dickerson (rest), Brandon Graham (rest), Lane Johnson (rest), Jason Kelce (rest), Isaac Seumalo (rest), Jack Stoll (ankle), Josh Sweat (rest)

As for the Vikings, cornerback Andrew Booth didn't practice on Thursday due to a quad injury. The rest of the active roster participated in practice.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Question: will Cousins' familiarity with the NFC East and the Iggles be any form of factor, or are you a newly designed team since he moved to Minny?

I don't think his days with Washington hold really any pertinence to this Eagles team now in it's 2nd year under Sirianni. Not many players still remain from his days there.

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Question: will Cousins' familiarity with the NFC East and the Iggles be any form of factor, or are you a newly designed team since he moved to Minny?

Only advantage his days in the NFCE could possibly give him now, is his familiarity playing games at the Linc. Otherwise, very little IMO.