GDT: Week 2 @ Packers (Eberflus' Prime Time Debut: End The Streak)

JAF-N72EX

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Keep the disrespect coming...all it is doing is pulling that locker room closer together and speeding up the process of building a proper culture.

I get thinking the Bears aren't a good team, I think 6-7 wins is probably likely this season, but man oh man people are excessively down on Chicago right now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

How would you know? We haven't even seen Jones play yet and you're already calling him a joke...guys get injured...doesn't make them a joke...you not liking a draft pick also doesn't make them a joke...regardless of liking a pick or not they are now on the team you are supposed to be a fan of...at least try and hope it pans out rather than wanting to look like a "genius" 

You can continue to slurp Poles for every draft pick, signing and trade and the rest of us will be realistic. Most 24+ year old rookies never materialize into anything worthwhile and Jones is trending that direction already. He isn't even close to being a complete WR and now that he practices 4 times a month going back to the start of August his development is even more stunted. Jones himself was asked what he would say to people who worry about his age and he said (paraphrasing): "I am older for a rookie but look at my injury history." Yeah I'm looking at it now, Velus

Just now, beardown3231 said:

You can continue to slurp Poles for every draft pick, signing and trade and the rest of us will be realistic. Most 24+ year old rookies never materialize into anything worthwhile and Jones is trending that direction already. He isn't even close to being a complete WR and now that he practices 4 times a month going back to the start of August his development is even more stunted. Jones himself was asked what he would say to people who worry about his age and he said (paraphrasing): "I am older for a rookie but look at my injury history." Yeah I'm looking at it now, Velus

No not at all, Jones was far from my favourite pick however you aren't being realistic...you have never seen the guy play a competitive down in the NFL and already you have decided he will be nothing...just a short-sighted view because they never did what you wanted them to in the draft...if you look at his injury history he hasn't been hurt so one injury does not make him a bust...thankfully it seems our coaching staff as smart enough to not try and rush him back from an injury just to appease some of the fan base who have no patience.

10 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I get thinking the Bears aren't a good team, I think 6-7 wins is probably likely this season, but man oh man people are excessively down on Chicago right now.

I am starting to think that regardless of what we do against GB we will still be seen as terrible by the national media until we are 4 or 5 weeks in and they can see who the actual worst teams are...seems we are an easy target with a big fan base who will get annoyed enough to buy into some of the click bait.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I am starting to think that regardless of what we do against GB we will still be seen as terrible by the national media until we are 4 or 5 weeks in and they can see who the actual worst teams are...seems we are an easy target with a big fan base who will get annoyed enough to buy into some of the click bait.

In 1995 Northwestern went 8-0 in Big 10.   I had a HS friend that played LB on team.  That was Pat Fitzgerald's team.  

Because they were Northwestern and NW equaled bad football in so many people's minds they were not favored in most of those games if memory serves.  Especially the earlier ones.   I remember it because I was into gambling at time and they covered almost every single week.  My roommate bet them every week laughing about it.  

But no one in media thought they were good even though they kept demonstrating it week after week.  They were clearly playing good football.   People just couldn't believe their eyes.  

They ended up 10-2 and lost in Rose Bowl to a good USC team.   It is crazy how long people will hold on to a preconceived notion.

Too early to put Bears in any kind of good category, but I still think people are underestimating them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Again - don't bet, betting is stupid, everyone loses in long run,

Betting isn't stupid and not everyone loses either. I'm still playing with Mayweather/Paq money 10+ years later.  Play within your means and keep strong tabs on your check book, betting habits, and your strong and weak points (i.e where you tend win and lose more in).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

we are what we are, a stripped down rebuild with a promising young dynamic qb  ...we have a handful of legit starters/difference makers (Quan, JJ Quinn Brisker and Gordan on D, Mooney monty Cody and hopefully BJ TJ and LB on O  ....the rest is quality depth/borderline starters that can hold up alongside quality starters, we now have alot of depth pieces 

a stud 3technique is the first thing we need for this system ...then a stud edge, we already have our stud CB

then on O we need a bigtime #1 wr and an everydown receiving threat TE (kmet is a depth piece borderline starter) ....and we need a KRweapon

This season is about gathering quality depth surrounding talent and also seeing what we have exactly in Fields and the 3 (4 if you count leatherwood) young OL pieces   and then acquire what's needed in the offseason via draft and FA

We are VERY WELL COACHED and will win some games this year, we are far from the basement  even in a full rebuild. We will win bc of quality coaching/preparation and bc Poles has added some quality though middling  surrounding talent  AND bc Justin Fields is a budding superstar 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

we are what we are, a stripped down rebuild with a promising young dynamic qb  ...we have a handful of legit starters/difference makers (Quan, JJ Quinn Brisker and Gordan on D, Mooney monty Cody and hopefully BJ TJ and LB on O  ....the rest is quality depth/borderline starters that can hold up alongside quality starters, we now have alot of depth pieces 

a stud 3technique is the first thing we need for this system ...then a stud edge, we already have our stud CB

then on O we need a bigtime #1 wr and an everydown receiving threat TE (kmet is a depth piece borderline starter) ....and we need a KRweapon

This season is about gathering quality depth surrounding talent and also seeing what we have exactly in Fields and the 3 (4 if you count leatherwood) young OL pieces   and then acquire what's needed in the offseason via draft and FA

We are VERY WELL COACHED and will win some games this year, we are far from the basement  even in a full rebuild. We will win bc of quality coaching/preparation and bc Poles has added some quality though middling  surrounding talent  AND bc Justin Fields is a budding superstar 

I disagree about Kmet. We may want a more dynamic playmaker at TE but Kmet is not just a borderline starter. He is not a superstar but he would start on a lot of teams in the league. He is middle of the road at worst.

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Looks like rain will be over before the game.  Supposed to be humid with cool weather.

I don't think this game goes well for us. I just don't want to see us get embarrassed. If Eberflus can keep it close then I'd consider it a win. 

Hoping for a injury free game.

I'm kind of glad the weather shouldn't be a factor personally....... I don't think we're sniffing at a playoff run this year (maybe best case scenario wild carding in then losing first round), and I'd rather see Green Bay at their best to more accurately gauge where our team stands...... and it's not even one guy I'm keying in on, it's EVERY guy. It's an incredibly intriguing game for us imo, and that's even before accounting for the whole rivalry thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Looks like rain will be over before the game.  Supposed to be humid with cool weather.

I don't think this game goes well for us. I just don't want to see us get embarrassed. If Eberflus can keep it close then I'd consider it a win. 

Hoping for a injury free game.

I'm thinking the Bears cover with a backdoor TD, something like GB wins 27-20

Edited by beardown3231