GDT: Week 2 @ Packers (Eberflus' Prime Time Debut: End The Streak)

JAF-N72EX

What you seem to be describing is "average" and not borderline. Kmet is average (he wouldn't be if he added a few TDs to the stats). The fact that even by your ranking he is in the middle third of the league makes him average by definition. Average is definitely replaceable but it shouldn't be a priority to replace. Sometimes you have to settle for average and we definitely have more pressing needs to address.

42 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Tonyan had one good year. That is debatable. What exactly has Higbee done that is vastly superior to Kmet? Engram plays 3 minutes a year. Njoku is overrated and always injured. Can't help a team if you are not on the field.

I'll concede the rest.

Tonya's one year is still damn near better than Kmet's entire 3 years combined though.  Higbee has ~300 more yards, 32 more catches, 8 more Tds, a much higher catch % with only 18 more targets and has played 3 less games.

TE's from 2020-2022 combined:  Kmet is currently 18th in targets,  17th in receptions,  20th in yards,  30th in y/g,  T-77th in y/r,  and 54th in TDs.

You can certainly attribute some of this to poor coaching but it doesn't change the fact that Kmet still has a lot to prove.  He ran routes on all but 1 pass play in the 49ers game and still only came away with one target and zero catches.

31 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

What you seem to be describing is "average" and not borderline. Kmet is average (he wouldn't be if he added a few TDs to the stats). The fact that even by your ranking he is in the middle third of the league makes him average by definition. Average is definitely replaceable but it shouldn't be a priority to replace. Sometimes you have to settle for average and we definitely have more pressing needs to address.

Average by definition, sure.  But on the bottom of the card and much closer to the bottom 1/3 of the league (22-32) than the top 1/3 (1-11).

RE: That has more to do with the lack of good talent around the league than it does Kmet.

Right now, Kmet is fighting to be the best among the worst.

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Tonya's one year is still damn near better than Kmet's entire 3 years combined though.  Higbee has ~300 more yards, 32 more catches, 8 more Tds, a much higher catch % with only 18 more targets and has played 3 less games.

TE's from 2020-2022 combined:  Kmet is currently 18th in targets,  17th in receptions,  20th in yards,  30th in y/g,  T-77th in y/r,  and 54th in TDs.

You can certainly attribute some of this to poor coaching but it doesn't change the fact that Kmet still has a lot to prove.  He ran routes on all but 1 pass play in the 49ers game and still only came away with one target and zero catches.

Average by definition, sure.  But on the bottom of the card and much closer to the bottom 1/3 of the league (22-32) than the top 1/3 (1-11).

RE: That has more to do with the lack of good talent around the league than it does Kmet.

Right now, Kmet is fighting to be the best among the worst.

And in what era were the crop of receiving TEs better? You say that the crop of TEs are lacking in talent. I disagree. There is more talent than there has been traditionally at the position. 

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

And in what era were the crop of receiving TEs better? You say that the crop of TEs are lacking in talent. I disagree. There is more talent than there has been traditionally at the position. 

I'm talking about the tier group of TEs that Kmet is currently mixed with, not the position as a whole.

After the TEs I listed earlier it gets pretty bleak and this is where Kmet is at. The guys within Kmet's range are very low competition and yet he's still right there with them.

17 hours ago, SLCbear said:

I would LOVE to be wrong about CK  

I just don't see anything more than a depth piece/fringe starter ....he blocks well enough to be an every down TE but nothing special or dynamic at all  

I wish he were middle of the road at worst, but I just  don't see it  ....at least he's getting SOME yards after contact this season and not going straight DOWN after being touched or breathed on. I've never seen a guy his size get tackled so easily  

Anyways I would love to be dead wrong and see him explode but I've seen too much of him to believe anything like that. hes a very good #2, we need 2 ..:.imho no way is he a #1

My concern is that he puts up inflated numbers due to the poor talent to throw to, then gets overpaid. 

His effort after the catch his rookie year was fantastic. I hope we get THAT from him at least. I said he was a poor pick at the time and still think it was a miss. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Can’t see it confirmed anywhere else that Moore & Young have been released but interesting if that is the case.

Cant find it either and both are still listed on the official website roster but maybe it hasn't been updated yet either.

Either way,  this certainly didn't age well.

Uwxmnc2.png

We looked awesome in the second half last week, and the Packers looked bad for most of the game.  But this is GBs home opener.  If our D plays well we have a chance.  I wish I could ref the game so we'd be up 35-0 2 minutes into the game, but that's not gonna happen.  Unfortunately I see GB winning this 27-20  

32 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

We looked awesome in the second half last week, and the Packers looked bad for most of the game.  But this is GBs home opener.  If our D plays well we have a chance.  I wish I could ref the game so we'd be up 35-0 2 minutes into the game, but that's not gonna happen.  Unfortunately I see GB winning this 27-20  

Unless we are all clueless I do not see how we have any chance of winning this game....