Is Geno Smith an upgrade over aging QB Russell Wilson?

NudeTayne

Pizza Roll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is Geno an upgrade over Russell Wilson?

• 6'3"
    • The stats speak for themselves
  2. 2. Should Elway be on the hot seat?

• 🎶 It's Elway...Elway or the highway 🎶
    • That's just John's cheeks getting hot after a couple nips.
  3. 3. Which Noah FANT do you prefer?

• Orange
    • Purple
    • Pro Bowler
    • Strawberry

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

But he's got that Kareem Hunt new-out-the-box lack of tread. He's at least five football years younger. He's also more efficient with the football based on this game.

And as everyone knows, 1 Game Samples are the Gold Standard of evaluation.

But also, Russell has always been kind of fundamentally inefficient with the football.  He just hides it by be extremely efficient once every ten snaps or whatever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

1 Game Samples lead to 2 Game Samples, Playboy

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

But also, Russell has always been kind of fundamentally inefficient with the football.  He just hides it by be extremely efficient once every ten snaps or whatever.

Yup. And when those start to fail he'll have to rely on his leadership charisma to will his team to victory, which, well

56 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

But he's got that Kareem Hunt new-out-the-box lack of tread. He's at least five football years younger. He's also more efficient with the football based on this game.

that's only really relevant for RBs, imo, lol.

if anything, QBs only get better with more playtime under their belt. Time will tell if Geno can keep it up as game film on him accumulates (the Broncos seemed to only take a half to figure him out), this thread seems... premature & easily could've gone in the overreactions thread.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

The media is so enamored with his beautiful deep ball throws that they ignore the rest of his game it's why i was fine with moving on from him.

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

that's only really relevant for RBs, imo, lol.

if anything, QBs only get better with more playtime under their belt. Time will tell if Geno can keep it up as game film on him accumulates (the Broncos seemed to only take a half to figure him out), this thread seems... premature & easily could've gone in the overreactions thread.

I don't know, man. I'm starting to wonder if Denver is embracing the tank. Next year's QB class looks deep and there could be solid talent available in the third round.

The Broncos offense actually looked very sharp, and much better overall than the Seahawks. Broncos gained 433 yards at 6.8 y/p, whereas Seahawks gained 253 at 5.2. The Broncos just had some massive situational blunders. 

Just based on this one game, I think the Broncos will be a pretty explosive offense for the rest of the year, particularly if their situational execution regresses to the mean. Meanwhile the Seahawks will probably struggle. 

Aging Russell Wilson, he is 33 years old, Geno is 31.  What the hell.

Maybe if Geno Smith was this 23 year old rookie rising star that is one thing, but to say upgrade with Geno Smith and Russell Wilson in the same sentence is freaking nuts.  

It is odd they get exactly what Russell Wilson wanted right after he leaves, an improving young OL with potential solid starters in Cross and Lucas who could both be long term starters for them at both tackles

Edited by Ozzy

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Aging Russell Wilson, he is 33 years old, Geno is 31.  What the hell.

Look at games played. The tread is there. Just look harder. Squint if you have to.

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Maybe if Geno Smith was this 23 year old rookie rising star

Potato potawto

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

that is one thing, but to say upgrade with Geno Smith and Russell Wilson in the same sentence is freaking nuts.  

A bit hyperbolic, don't you think?  But I think I can see where you're coming from. I don't agree, but I get it.

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

It is odd they get exactly what Russell Wilson wanted right after he leaves, an improving young OL with potential solid starters in Cross and Lucas who could both be long term starters for them at both tackles

Convenient way to look at the situation. Perhaps two rookie linemen and better play/execution by the more youthful QB reflects more on Geno? Just a thought.

These threads are always my favorite. And then you get to tack on the "he was always overrated" posts that have been hiding in wait for years. There were Brady threads like this and Rodgers threads like this on this site as well. Wilson is elite when healthy and very few QBs are capable of doing what he can. The idea that Seattle is better off with Geno will evaporate by the third quarter of week three or so when Geno Smith plays like Geno Smith and the Seahawks will be well on their way to drafting Young or Stroud. Washed up after the guy throws for 340 yards and a TD and had his team inside the redzone a bunch of times. Like I said in the Commanders thread when one of our fans brought up how we dodged a bullet, "when the Broncos are in the playoffs contending for the Super Bowl and our team is at home on the couch we can look back on this thread".

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

The Broncos offense actually looked very sharp, and much better overall than the Seahawks. Broncos gained 433 yards at 6.8 y/p, whereas Seahawks gained 253 at 5.2. The Broncos just had some massive situational blunders. 

Just based on this one game, I think the Broncos will be a pretty explosive offense for the rest of the year, particularly if their situational execution regresses to the mean. Meanwhile the Seahawks will probably struggle. 

The Seahawks did, too. The Broncos obviously had the goalline fumbles but the Seahawks also dropped 2 interceptions on scoring drives (easy interceptions, too). So it kind of evens out...

That being said, the Seahawks' offense down the stretch was pretty bad (which is what we all expected), whereas Denver was moving the ball pretty consistently throughout the night.