Week 2: NY Jets vs CLE Browns

Bobby816

For me this one needs to be a win for us to start showing progress.

The only way CLE can win right now with a weak QB under C is running the ball with Chubb and Hunt. And since we know that, we "shouldn't" let that happen. But that's easier said than done. Cooper and DPJ aren't bad WRs, just Brissett isn't scaring anyone.

Game plan on defense needs to be similar to what we did against BAL against the run. Force Brissett to throw to beat us. Just cant have Joyner making mistakes this week. Explosive plays needs to be eliminated or few and far between defensively. 

On offense we need to get momentum going and make timely plays. It would also be nice for us to every once in awhile to be the team getting long explosive plays. Take some big shots down field. Garrett is going to give us problems I'm sure, so we have to account for that. I actually really like CLE young secondary with Ward, Newsome, Delpit and Johnson. So that will be challenging. But I still like our group of WRs against them.

Prediction

NYJ: 20

CLE: 17

If Flacco is starting this game will be lost by half time. No way will the Jets put up a win with Flacco back there. The Browns will just BEAT down the Jets D with tons of runs. 

If Flacco starts

Browns 24

Jets 6

Saleh should be fired if he starts Flacco in my book. Flacco gives you zero chance to win. 

If Flacco does not start then it will be a lot closer game.

Browns 17

Jets 10

Sorry but I don't see the Jets getting a win here. The Browns have the best QB in this game with Jacoby and the best RB too. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

If Flacco is starting this game will be lost by half time. No way will the Jets put up a win with Flacco back there. The Browns will just BEAT down the Jets D with tons of runs. 

If Flacco starts

Browns 24

Jets 6

Saleh should be fired if he starts Flacco in my book. Flacco gives you zero chance to win. 

If Flacco does not start then it will be a lot closer game.

Browns 17

Jets 10

Sorry but I don't see the Jets getting a win here. The Browns have the best QB in this game with Jacoby and the best RB too. 

Geeeez. Is a 3 legged stool and a rope in your amazon cart?

Dr. Pessimist over here.

Look we were never supposed to beat BAL. So to be so down that we lost Week 1 with our backup QB is too much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

This

The other side of this.... is that if we had Wilson under C, odds are better we would've went for it with a mobile QB.

But yes.... I agree that when you're a team that needs wins and to show progress, you need to take more chances. 

33 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

This

Starting to really feel like Saleh is all talk. Team is never prepared. Game plans have been no better than Gase or Bowles. At this point, even though his act got old, I would welcome Rex back in a heart beat...if he could bring a really good OC with him. Saleh has no balls and like the coach before him, literally coaches like hes conceding victory after being down 2 scores. They probably have to give him 3 years but if we win 5 games the only way he should keep his job will be with at least one new coordinator. I dont want to fire him after 2 years I dont think its fair but he needs to be substantially better. Also think Joe Douglas needs to get one more shot at a HC if we do fire Saleh at some point. Joe has done his job well in my opinion. Time for the coaches to get the most out of the roster. 

• Like 1

I think this is a winnable game. Hopefully they sure up the mistakes. Last week Tomlinson was horrible at LG, hopefully he gets it together and bounces back along with Fant. 

The Jets shouldn't be so quick to give up on the ground game, our RBs are talented and need the ball.  Throwing 60 times isn't a good strategy.  Defense has to contain Chubb, he will be their entire offense because Brissett and the passing game isn't scaring anyone. Browns have a really good OL, so it's gonna be a battle with the DL. 

Jets need to come out with everything because they haven't won a September game in 13 straight, need to end that streak now. 

43 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Geeeez. Is a 3 legged stool and a rope in your amazon cart?

Dr. Pessimist over here.

Look we were never supposed to beat BAL. So to be so down that we lost Week 1 with our backup QB is too much. 

Bobby you been peaking in my Amazon cart. lol. 

I know I'm really down on this team this year because I see this movie before. This team is like watching Groundhog Day over and over for the last 10 years or so. I'm going to be down on this team until 1 or 2 things happen. The Jets start to put up W and when I saw W I mean like 2 or 3 in a row. Not this lets win 1 and lose 5 and then 1 won and lose 4. Then you here oh it only took us 5 games to get a win instead of 6 games. The other one would be so see some big changes at the end of the season. We should be all in on Sean Payton right now. If I was Woody and Saleh loses another 4 or 5 in a row I'm talking to Sean and see what he wants and start telling him to put a coaching staff together. 

My question to you Bobby is how long should the Jets stay this course? If they go 0-5 do you think we need change? The vast majority of Saleh games we are out of it by half. I know we need time but at some point you have to just say NO MORE TIME GET WINS NOW.

5 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Ravens' 63 rushing yards vs. the #Jets was the fewest ever recorded by a Lamar Jackson-led team over his 54 regular season and playoff starts.

I think our defense is clearly better than last years unit, hopefully they can keep it going and this time not make the crucial mistakes and win a game. 

I would not read much into that stat. To me Lamar looked a step slower with the plus pounds he put on. You also have to know why would you rush him when you have the game in hand by the start of the 2nd. Your not risking a running QB for a game you can win hands down. 

9 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Bobby you been peaking in my Amazon cart. lol. 

I know I'm really down on this team this year because I see this movie before. This team is like watching Groundhog Day over and over for the last 10 years or so. I'm going to be down on this team until 1 or 2 things happen. The Jets start to put up W and when I saw W I mean like 2 or 3 in a row. Not this lets win 1 and lose 5 and then 1 won and lose 4. Then you here oh it only took us 5 games to get a win instead of 6 games. The other one would be so see some big changes at the end of the season. We should be all in on Sean Payton right now. If I was Woody and Saleh loses another 4 or 5 in a row I'm talking to Sean and see what he wants and start telling him to put a coaching staff together. 

My question to you Bobby is how long should the Jets stay this course? If they go 0-5 do you think we need change? The vast majority of Saleh games we are out of it by half. I know we need time but at some point you have to just say NO MORE TIME GET WINS NOW.

I think you have to take a lot of things into consideration. Vegas had the line set for us at 5.5 wins. Meaning that 6 wins or more is exceeding expectations. And that was before Wilson went down. I for one thought we'd be right around that 6-8 wins mark and still think that's the range for us. The key beyond that is for the losses to be games that we're in. For example... for pretty much the whole BAL game, we were in it. So while the final looks more lopsided than the actual game was. It wasn't a bad loss. It was to a good team that we shouldn't have beat and we hung in there for 3/4 of the game, all without our starting QB. I'll continue to say, every team in this league struggles to get wins with a backup QB. Watch DAL for the next 6-8 weeks if you need proof. The biggest key is to see progression. We have one of the youngest rosters in the NFL. So to see these rookies start to adjust and hit the ground running. The 2nd year guys to look more comfortable and be contributors more, etc. This team and every team in the NFL needs a QB. So these 1st few weeks aren't about Flacco. It's about the defense showing they can play (which for me they did in Week 1) and to see the young pieces on offense to start going. Carter, Moore, Hall and Wilson weren't great, but weren't bad either. So until Wilson is back under C, that's what I care about. If we can scratch out a win or 2 these 1st few weeks without Wilson, that's great. But in reality, we're the underdogs in every one of those games. So we shouldn't "expect" wins. But when Wilson is back under C and I'll even give him 2-3 weeks to get comfortable of the game speed. So around Week 6-7 is when I'll start judging this team a bit more. And for us as more than likely a non playoff team to have very winnable games to finish the year is a great thing. For a young roster to start stacking wins going into the offseason. 

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would not read much into that stat. To me Lamar looked a step slower with the plus pounds he put on. You also have to know why would you rush him when you have the game in hand by the start of the 2nd. Your not risking a running QB for a game you can win hands down. 

There weren't many opportunities to run, the Jets defense was playing contain and stacking the box all game. THe speed on the Jets defense was evident so if he wanted to run he was going to take hits. 

Kwon Alexander and Quincy Williams are very fast Lbers.