Week 2: NY Jets vs CLE Browns

Bobby816

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would not read much into that stat. To me Lamar looked a step slower with the plus pounds he put on. You also have to know why would you rush him when you have the game in hand by the start of the 2nd. Your not risking a running QB for a game you can win hands down. 

What?  They didn't have the game in hand until mid/end of the 3rd.  They took a 7 point lead into the half and were arguably outplayed in the first half.  There is plenty to be critical of so pretty sure you can find something without having to make stuff up.  Lowest rush total of the LJ era is legit, don't care what excuses you want to attempt to downplay it with.  The DL did their jobs well.

Good news appears to be that the CB duo, the RB duo and the young WR duo look special.  That is something to build on.  The DL looked pretty solid too even though it was against a beat up OL.

The bad is the team goes as the QB goes and right now we have bottom 5 QB play.  Also the left side of the OL was supposed to be the rock of the offense and was worse then our young right side.  Lastly the safety play especially FS and the LBs outside of Kwon were not good.

I think Fant and Lake bounce back given it can't get much worse.  Flacco needs to get the ball out quicker because we have the weapons to move the chains, and we need to move on from Joyner because he was pitiful.  

If the D plays like they did week 1 and the offense doesn't shoot themselves in the foot with bad OL play and costly drops/fumbles we'll squeak this one out in a low scoring game. 

• Like 1

My prediction is PFFFFT!  Until this team shows me it can at least be competitive for 60 minutes, I’ll just assume it will be a stinkfest. This attitude has saved me a lot of money by not having to buy new TV’s.

And, yeah, I’m with you all on the Saleh **** getting old. Time to call out players who **** up. He has no problem ****ting all over Mims and calling out Wilson, but do you hear him say boo about Fant and Laken?  I’m beginning to think he is gutless. Man up already. 

• Like 1

I don't get all this Saleh hate ... he said it like it was for the most part ... And yea players are going to make some mistakes ... I honestly don't think Flacco or White makes a difference out there way the O Line played ... and there we've had 2 insane injuries ... 

I think we beat Cleveland (on the back of the defense mostly) 24-17 ... with a defensive TD in the mix 

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Look we were never supposed to beat BAL. So to be so down that we lost Week 1 with our backup QB is too much. 

The ravens had their starting LT, Cb and Rb out too. Plus we had a receiver inactive (Mims) who’d start for them. That’s how much better our skill positions were.

Yet our offense was a joke. 

Honestly I’d start White on Sunday with Strevler as backup. 

4 hours ago, KBS756 said:

I don't get all this Saleh hate ... he said it like it was for the most part ... And yea players are going to make some mistakes ... I honestly don't think Flacco or White makes a difference out there way the O Line played ... and there we've had 2 insane injuries ... 

I think we beat Cleveland (on the back of the defense mostly) 24-17 ... with a defensive TD in the mix 

From my point of view I feel he is not authentic. He constantly preaches these things which sound amazing on the 1 Jets drive videos etc but in reality I just don’t get that vibe from him. 

In some of his team meetings when he’s talking to the players he’s saying the right things but his energy is off. Like others have said he acts very defeatist. I also don’t think the players respect him. (Hope I’m wrong there but just my take) 

Don’t even get me started on the medical statements he makes. We must be the only team to have a player with a torn ACL who could be back within a week but at the same time have to retire. 

17 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

What?  They didn't have the game in hand until mid/end of the 3rd.  They took a 7 point lead into the half and were arguably outplayed in the first half.  There is plenty to be critical of so pretty sure you can find something without having to make stuff up.  Lowest rush total of the LJ era is legit, don't care what excuses you want to attempt to downplay it with.  The DL did their jobs well.

Good news appears to be that the CB duo, the RB duo and the young WR duo look special.  That is something to build on.  The DL looked pretty solid too even though it was against a beat up OL.

The bad is the team goes as the QB goes and right now we have bottom 5 QB play.  Also the left side of the OL was supposed to be the rock of the offense and was worse then our young right side.  Lastly the safety play especially FS and the LBs outside of Kwon were not good.

I think Fant and Lake bounce back given it can't get much worse.  Flacco needs to get the ball out quicker because we have the weapons to move the chains, and we need to move on from Joyner because he was pitiful.  

If the D plays like they did week 1 and the offense doesn't shoot themselves in the foot with bad OL play and costly drops/fumbles we'll squeak this one out in a low scoring game. 

Sorry should be second half. This team can not put up points. If a team goes up by 2 TD's it is over. I can't even remember when this team was down and came back from even a 1 score game or point. 

How the heck are people putting the Jets at 20 plus points? I don't know if this team can even score 2 TD;'s in 1 game. 

2 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

The ravens had their starting LT, Cb and Rb out too. Plus we had a receiver inactive (Mims) who’d start for them. That’s how much better our skill positions were.

Yet our offense was a joke. 

Honestly I’d start White on Sunday with Strevler as backup. 

Overreaction from you IMO and from about a handful of members on here. It's 1 game and against a good team with a great QB. No reason to sulk over that loss. Flacco can bounce back. It's a tough secondary we're going up against. But I feel we can run and do some quick passes to win this game potentially.

Yeah I am picking the Browns to cover. Chubb and Hunt are going to be much harder to stop this week and we'll be exhausted when our pathetic offense goes 3 and out 8 times. I know we are asking a lot of Fant moving back and forth and he was solid last year at LT, but he doesn't run block well and he was not good at RT in year 1 here. 30 mil in and 3 years as a Jet and fans are screaming to re-sign him? We've got to do better at OT in 2023.