Week 2: NY Jets vs CLE Browns

Bobby816

38 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Somehow we’ve gotten really lucky with Mitchell he’s looked quite serviceable despite being a later round rookie … 

if the left side of our line would play like we expect it to … feel like our o line will be a lot better in a couple weeks … Fant has had a rough yea r

100%. I think most of us really liked his skill set but knew he needed to add strength and the jump from a small school to the NFL can be rough. He has been solid though through 2 games and going against good DEs. We actually really need this from him and it's going to kinda suck that he'll have to go to the bench when Brown returns. Fant is a FA after this season and who knows about Becton. So to be able to maybe get a steal in Mitchell as a RT might be big for us.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Saleh confirmed yesterday that the Cooper TD was on Sauce. He was wrong in his coverage. So the "no TDs against me" streak is done now. A blown assignment in my eyes is the same as just poor coverage. One mental one physical. Luckily he's young and those mental mistakes should go away with time.

He does seem quick to point the finger or blame the coverage.  I noticed that on a couple of other times where he passed a guy off that got a completion.  I'd rather just keep him locked up 1 on 1.  We don't have the Safeties for this.

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I say best man plays.  You think they'll just throw Brown in and move Fant? That's risky.

I tend to agree but Mitchell knows his role. He knows it’s back to the bench. Fant would pout (he probably will anyway moving back to RT). Not sure what Brown would do, but my guess is that he would not be happy. It’s as much about the locker room sometimes. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I tend to agree but Mitchell knows his role. He knows it’s back to the bench. Fant would pout (he probably will anyway moving back to RT). Not sure what Brown would do, but my guess is that he would not be happy. It’s as much about the locker room sometimes. 

As fair as that sounds I think with Mitchell being part of the future it might be best to keep letting him play especially if he's not a liability. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

As fair as that sounds I think with Mitchell being part of the future it might be best to keep letting him play especially if he's not a liability. 

I agree but you must think like a professional coach or GM. Typically they don’t want to create an atmosphere of ill will. They also like to use their high $ players. Saleh likes his vets.

I kind of like Brian Daboll for this very reason. Don’t fit our scheme (Golladay and Toney), no play for you.  One year.

Mitchell will get plenty of PT. Brown is not due back until week 5?  I will assume either Fant or Brown will miss some more time over the season. Next year will interesting to see what they do at LT. 

We still have a few weeks before Brown is even back and things might change. Mitchell play could drop and Brown would be welcomed back kicking Fant to RT. If Mitchell is still doing well then Brown goes to LT and Fant to the bench. Fant has been pretty bad. If Fant starts to play better than you have a problem. I don't see Fant being at last years level. I think a bench move would do him well to wake him up. Having 3 starting T is a good problem to have.