Week 2: NY Jets vs CLE Browns

Bobby816

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Week 4 is the optimistic view vs Pitt.

I think he is definitely going to be playing by then. No TJ Watt is a welcome sight as well. He is moving around like normal, no limps, fluid. The doctors are probably concern with the bone bruise taking a hit. 

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Overreaction from you IMO and from about a handful of members on here. It's 1 game and against a good team with a great QB. No reason to sulk over that loss. Flacco can bounce back. It's a tough secondary we're going up against. But I feel we can run and do some quick passes to win this game potentially.

Over reaction to change the qb you mean? Because I don’t think it is. The writing was on the wall against the giants backups. Flacco is done. Shouldn’t be playing it’s as simple as that.

White should of been named the starter for Sunday. 

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

Over reaction to change the qb you mean? Because I don’t think it is. The writing was on the wall against the giants backups. Flacco is done. Shouldn’t be playing it’s as simple as that.

White should of been named the starter for Sunday. 

White didn’t do anything to warrant starting 

Although ZW looks good warming up, I'm glad we're giving him cushion and not rushing him. He really needs to show out this year. He doesn't have to be a pro-bowler, but if he looks terrible and we have another bad season, that could lead to Saleh getting fired, new system, and us being put in position to draft or sign his replacement. It's going to look really bad if the other QBs that were picked afterwards look better. 

If he doesn't return until week 5, that maybe around the time Duane Brown returns to the oline. Can't risk him getting hurt again and putting our franchise in the position to decide if they're going to give him another year as a unchallenged starter or if they will target the best option we can. 

I think that Saleh put it the updated timeline last week simply to stop him from getting asked every week until Wilson is good to go. That's the theory I'm going with at this point. It also is the only way to logically explain the change from "could play Sunday" to " out four weeks"(aside from bad management which is just as likely)

18 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Can't risk him getting hurt again and putting our franchise in the position to decide if they're going to give him another year as a unchallenged starter or if they will target the best option we can. 

If he gets hurt again and misses more time then we need to find a replacement regardless

55 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Joe Flacco is 0-6 in the six games he started as a Jet. Much rather give Mike White, a chance he gets rid of the ball much faster than than Joe ( the the human statue ) Flacco. 

White appears to get rid of the ball faster because he doesn’t throw it more than 4 yds. Whites true self is more like the Buffalo  or NE game than Cincy. That said, if Flacco is stinking it up again, then, yeah, try White.

If the above happens, I’d really like them to incorporate Streveler. He is a relatively unknown and may just not be worse. Plus he brings his running game that White and Flacco don’t have. 

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Season might be over bout time Zach gets back. Let’s hope we can pull this one out.

Looking at the schedule before Wilson went down I think we knew we had to get 1 or 2 of the games between CLE and Pitt to start out the season to even have thoughts of us as a .500 team or so. So this game and Pitt are big IMO. 

52 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Looking at the schedule before Wilson went down I think we knew we had to get 1 or 2 of the games between CLE and Pitt to start out the season to even have thoughts of us as a .500 team or so. So this game and Pitt are big IMO. 

Yeah with him we definitely had a shot especially going up against Brissett and Trubisky. This staff should be able to Gameplan victories in those games.