Jump to content

Week 2 GDT - Houston @ Denver


ET80
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, um… this is winnable. That Denver D is pretty bad, Nathaniel Hackett is a bad HC and Russell Wilson might not be as good outside of Pete Carroll.

I’m not expecting a tie, that’s all I know.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just want to see our defense makes some stops without depending on big plays to do it. The colts had no trouble moving the ball at will and when we didn’t come up with a big turnover or something they scored. Lets just force some punts and not give up 500 yards 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I just want to see our defense makes some stops without depending on big plays to do it. The colts had no trouble moving the ball at will and when we didn’t come up with a big turnover or something they scored. Lets just force some punts and not give up 500 yards 

Ya, we have to be better in 3rd down and get off the field….

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2022 at 2:17 PM, ET80 said:

That Denver D is pretty bad

No preseason for the starters and it showed first half.

37 yards given up and 0 points in the 2nd half. I'd not hedge my bets on this Defense being pretty bad, to be honest. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

No preseason for the starters and it showed first half.

37 yards given up and 0 points in the 2nd half. I'd not hedge my bets on this Defense being pretty bad, to be honest. 

But… I mean… Geno Smith going nearly perfect in the first half?

I could get it if it was any other QB (quite literally ANY other QB). There are backups out there that are better QBs than Geno Smith, and that’s just fact. Letting him peel off scores might be more than rust.

I expect the Texans to lose, but I did that with the Colts game, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

But… I mean… Geno Smith going nearly perfect in the first half?

I could get it if it was any other QB (quite literally ANY other QB). There are backups out there that are better QBs than Geno Smith, and that’s just fact. Letting him peel off scores might be more than rust.

I expect the Texans to lose, but I did that with the Colts game, too.

Yeh, in isolation its not a good look. But like I said, the starters didn't play at all in the preseason and walked into a highly emotional game vs an opponent who played their starters a ton in the preseason.

About 20 mins after I said our Defense wasn't bad, Justin Simmons got put on IR. That's an enormous blow.

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

About 20 mins after I said our Defense wasn't bad, Justin Simmons got put on IR. That's an enormous blow.

Ooooooof, yeah - wow. Sorry to hear that, Simmons is perhaps the best S in football. Losing him sucks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Justin Britt about to go from Week 1 starter to retirement in a week….

 

He’s out this week due to “personal football” reasons. He took not setting the protections and getting whipped pretty hard Week 1. 
 

Guess we’re rolling with Quessenberry at C and that probably move it into a 2023 draft need in the mid rounds 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Justin Britt about to go from Week 1 starter to retirement in a week….

 

He’s out this week due to “personal football” reasons. He took not setting the protections and getting whipped pretty hard Week 1. 
 

Guess we’re rolling with Quessenberry at C and that probably move it into a 2023 draft need in the mid rounds 

Yeah - 610 folks were speculating that Britt would be retiring this Friday, but that didn’t happen.

IOL was always a need (IMO, Green was the only long term guy there) so drafting a C was always on my mind. I think I was even pitching Linderbaum this past draft as a long term solution - Britt was never an answer beyond this season, I’m still baffled on why he was extended to begin with.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...