Week 2 GDT - Houston @ Denver

ET80

9 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I just want to see our defense makes some stops without depending on big plays to do it. The colts had no trouble moving the ball at will and when we didn’t come up with a big turnover or something they scored. Lets just force some punts and not give up 500 yards 

Ya, we have to be better in 3rd down and get off the field….

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

No preseason for the starters and it showed first half.

37 yards given up and 0 points in the 2nd half. I'd not hedge my bets on this Defense being pretty bad, to be honest. 

But… I mean… Geno Smith going nearly perfect in the first half?

I could get it if it was any other QB (quite literally ANY other QB). There are backups out there that are better QBs than Geno Smith, and that’s just fact. Letting him peel off scores might be more than rust.

I expect the Texans to lose, but I did that with the Colts game, too.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

But… I mean… Geno Smith going nearly perfect in the first half?

I could get it if it was any other QB (quite literally ANY other QB). There are backups out there that are better QBs than Geno Smith, and that’s just fact. Letting him peel off scores might be more than rust.

I expect the Texans to lose, but I did that with the Colts game, too.

Yeh, in isolation its not a good look. But like I said, the starters didn't play at all in the preseason and walked into a highly emotional game vs an opponent who played their starters a ton in the preseason.

About 20 mins after I said our Defense wasn't bad, Justin Simmons got put on IR. That's an enormous blow.

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

About 20 mins after I said our Defense wasn't bad, Justin Simmons got put on IR. That's an enormous blow.

Ooooooof, yeah - wow. Sorry to hear that, Simmons is perhaps the best S in football. Losing him sucks. 

Justin Britt about to go from Week 1 starter to retirement in a week….

He’s out this week due to “personal football” reasons. He took not setting the protections and getting whipped pretty hard Week 1. 

Guess we’re rolling with Quessenberry at C and that probably move it into a 2023 draft need in the mid rounds 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Justin Britt about to go from Week 1 starter to retirement in a week….

He’s out this week due to “personal football” reasons. He took not setting the protections and getting whipped pretty hard Week 1. 

Guess we’re rolling with Quessenberry at C and that probably move it into a 2023 draft need in the mid rounds 

Yeah - 610 folks were speculating that Britt would be retiring this Friday, but that didn’t happen.

IOL was always a need (IMO, Green was the only long term guy there) so drafting a C was always on my mind. I think I was even pitching Linderbaum this past draft as a long term solution - Britt was never an answer beyond this season, I’m still baffled on why he was extended to begin with.

• Like 1