Week 2 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

I'm not picking 49ers to win right now. I need to see if they're going to get it together or not. 

Seattle KNOWS they can beat the 49ers and they're going to play like it and be flying around the field with belief and expectation.

what are the 49ers going to do? 

Chris Simms says some of the vets already want to go back to Jimmy.

personally I'm going to need more than just Chris Simms word on this one.

But if this nonsense is happening after just one game, then this locker room is softer than baby 💩 and Sunday was just a self fulfilling prophesy. 

8 minutes ago, gridirongorilla said:

Does Mason get the nod over TDP?

Kyle should give both Mason and TDP carries. Mix it in with Wilson, see who is the hot hand and ride them. My guess is we will see Deebo get carries early.

The 49ers need to get Deebo going in the passing game tho. Easier said than done. But I hope we can start to see some easy completions for Lance that have big Yac yards attached to them. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Chris Simms says some of the vets already want to go back to Jimmy.

personally I'm going to need more than just Chris Simms word on this one.

But if this nonsense is happening after just one game, then this locker room is softer than baby 💩 and Sunday was just a self fulfilling prophesy. 

This wouldn't surprise me at all. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some players who never wanted to make the switch. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, gridirongorilla said:

Does Mason get the nod over TDP?

I assume that they are both just platooned. 

Shanny can say Mason got the nod over TDP because of special teams, but 5 special teams snaps for Mason doesn't really fully back that up. I can't believe you're making that decision based on 5 special teams snaps (though maybe Mason stopped playing special teams after Mitchell went down for fear of injury) 

50 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Pretty much the only way that Jimmy starts/plays is if Trey is injured in my opinion.

Oh, I definitely think he'd pull Trey. I think Kyle wants to win. I think that is the most important thing to him. The question will be whether or not he can find the sweet spot. Even if this team starts 0-4, is that really giving Trey a long enough leash? I don't know if he'd pull the trigger at 0-4, but also waiting any longer would maybe result in a lost season. I think the spot I would be looking at is if the team is 1-5 or 2-6. I think if we find ourselves in those situations, he would make the switch. Especially because I do think the locker room component is real in this situation. 

• Like 1

Kyle won't nuke a season if Trey gets hurt and not have a capable backup. This is a fortuitous situation with Jimmy on the roster, and after all it took to even get here, and consulting with a panel of veterans on making that decision. The squawking from the peanut gallery won't change that, and probably even the feelings from some players in his own locker room after one game in a monsoon. 

• Like 2