Week 2 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Certainly a strategy 

There was another play where Seattle's RT was supposed to block the DE to his right, but instead downblocked the DT to his left. The DT he went after was already taking on a double team from the C and RG. I forget who the DT was, but we was essentially triple teamed by accident, which left the DE completely free. 

Seattle looked sloppy as hell against us.

9 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

There was another play where Seattle's RT was supposed to block the DE to his right, but instead downblocked the DT to his left. The DT he went after was already taking on a double team from the C and RG. I forget who the DT was, but we was essentially triple teamed by accident, which left the DE completely free. 

Seattle looked sloppy as hell against us.

They just aren't very good and lack talent lol. I mean yeah, they had some curious decisions and there players made some mistakes but overall they just are a bottom feeder playing for the future.

Carroll will have them playing hard all season though. 

• Like 1

I'm watching the All-22 tape right now and boy did Trent Williams have a terrible game. He looked sluggish and indecisive. He whiffed on a few blocks and was late picking up rushers on his side. Not what we come to expect from Williams. I hope he's not nursing an injury or anything.

Also, our FG blocking unit - what the hell was going on? On just about every FG or extra point try we had, the Seahawks had at least one free rusher on the edge. Both Dwelley and Woerner barely made an effort to slow them down. It finally cost us with the blocked FG, but that was easy to see coming even from the first FG try of the game. 

It was clearly something Seattle saw and continued to exploit it without any attempts to make adjustments from the Niners. It was very strange to me. 

• Like 2