Wide Receiver Outlook

MacReady

3 hours ago, oldmansmell said:

Devante is a beast, just not necessarily the prototypical beast that people think about (ie Moss or Julio). Dude is good for 5+ yards on a  short rpo, and wins slants automatically. Not to mention, he's a jump ball option, and can stretch the field on double moves and in general with 12's balls. The thing about Cobb to me is that Monty could play that role for pennies next year, and Jones and Williams will be fine at RB. Plus we could go get a vet slot guy to take reps. 

Cut Cobb and chase Graham in my opinion. Then let TT work his second round magic, he's pretty much 4/4 with some legit stars as well right? 

Yes, with Ted's track record we don't have to use a 1st on WR unless the second coming of Julio Jones is there.  Again this spring the gaping hole is on the other side of the ball - we have to fix our pass rush first and foremost.

20 hours ago, Siman08/OH said:

I honestly believe we will pay Davante and keep Cobb.

Who knows what would have happened if Rodgers didn’t get hurt...Cobbs numbers may have exploded. Nelson’s surely would have been better and Adams would probably be better than they are.

The next 3 games and possible playoff games will show how valuable these 3 really are to the team. Nelson wasn’t made for these short quick routes. Cobb should be but he hasn’t really clicked with Hundley. If we ball out I want all 3 back.

I want players who are good without rodgers, not players who are highly paid and only good with Rodgers.

Gimme Nelson and Adams, and let's see what Allison and Davis and maybe the 6-6 basketball player can do along with a FA flyer.  There's nothing from Cobb right now... nothing.

20 hours ago, Siman08/OH said:

I honestly believe we will pay Davante and keep Cobb.

Who knows what would have happened if Rodgers didn’t get hurt...Cobbs numbers may have exploded. Nelson’s surely would have been better and Adams would probably be better than they are.

The next 3 games and possible playoff games will show how valuable these 3 really are to the team. Nelson wasn’t made for these short quick routes. Cobb should be but he hasn’t really clicked with Hundley. If we ball out I want all 3 back.

I'm up for cutting Cobb loose after this season, but I bet the Packers let him finish his deal that runs thru 2018.  I doubt he's re-signed after that, or if he is it will be a much more affordable contract.  Cobb was on pace for 800 yds receiving with Rodgers ... not quite the bang for the buck the Packers probably hoped for when they inked him to that deal.

22 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I want players who are good without rodgers, not players who are highly paid and only good with Rodgers.

Gimme Nelson and Adams, and let's see what Allison and Davis and maybe the 6-6 basketball player can do along with a FA flyer.  There's nothing from Cobb right now... nothing.

I wish we had kept Dupre over Davis...

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I wish we had kept Dupre over Davis...

Eh, Dupre or Davis aren't moving the needle I don't think.  Davis has had good kick returns, I think ranking us in the 9-12 range in terms of KR production.

His punt returns have been below average for sure, but he did show preseason ability and recently popped one vs Cleveland.

He's had a couple good end around plays, nothing special though, and he seems like the only 4.4 guy we have on offense.

20 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Eh, Dupre or Davis aren't moving the needle I don't think.  Davis has had good kick returns, I think ranking us in the 9-12 range in terms of KR production.

His punt returns have been below average for sure, but he did show preseason ability and recently popped one vs Cleveland.

He's had a couple good end around plays, nothing special though, and he seems like the only 4.4 guy we have on offense.

But my wife bested him in an arm wrestling match.

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I hope not, I don't think he's very good.  Incredibly inefficient career, and doesn't ever score, not even on the level of others on his own team.

Shoot me but IDGAF if my slot receiver doesn't pour in touchdowns. He is coming off a down year, could be cheaper. What do you mean by "inefficient"

****ty yards per rec? He lives underneath...

I'd be thrilled to pay him what we're paying Cobb.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Shoot me but IDGAF if my slot receiver doesn't pour in touchdowns. He is coming off a down year, could be cheaper. What do you mean by "inefficient"

****ty yards per rec? He lives underneath...

I'd be thrilled to pay him what we're paying Cobb.

bad ypr, yeah. bad yards per target, mostly.  He's at 7 yards per target, vs 10+ for most good slot guys.

Some 2018 WR UFA options

Taylor Gabiel

Kendall Wright

Marquise Lee

Jordan Matthews

Paul Richardson

Alan Robinson

Jarvis Landry

Donte Moncrief

TJ Jones

Ryan Grant

2018 RFA (none of them were drafted, unsure on what they might be tendered at)

Tyrell Williams

Willie Snead

Cameron Meredith

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

gabriel is really intriguing to me.

Fast and agile.   Could be a deep threat and someone to give fits to the inside option route.

Dates: 03/07/14 
Height: 5074
Weight: 167
40 Yrd Dash: 4.40
20 Yrd Dash: 2.47
10 Yrd Dash: 1.50
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 40
Broad Jump: 10'05"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.21
3-Cone Drill: 6.84

Archived