Wide Receiver Outlook

MacReady

13 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Allen Robinson could potentially be all-pro with Rodgers throwing him the ball.  I think he'll be expensive, but coming off injury he may be forced to take a one year prove it deal.

Yes, I think the market might sour on him a bit, which presents a prime buying opportunity. I think he's better than Adams, and Adams would be more expensive. if we can get Robinson for less than we would pay Adams, that's a huge win. 

19 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

I don't think there is anyway JAX lets Allen Robinson loose. They will want to keep him over Lee.

I doubt we sign a single free agent receiver this year anyway.  Feels like we're drafting one in the second or third round and it'll be Adams and that player going forward with maybe a Cobb contract year and a year or two more from Nelson. 

One thing that's ignored in the Cobb discussion even by me is the fact that it will be a contract year for him next year.  Cobb's last contract year gave us 91 catches for 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I doubt we sign a single free agent receiver this year anyway.  Feels like we're drafting one in the second or third round and it'll be Adams and that player going forward with maybe a Cobb contract year and a year or two more from Nelson. 

One thing that's ignored in the Cobb discussion even by me is the fact that it will be a contract year for him next year.  Cobb's last contract year gave us 91 catches for 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns. 

Is there a guy coming into the draft that you really like who we can grab in the 2nd or 3rd round?

2 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Man who else is ready to watch Rodgers sling some deep balls to Davante?

So ready for this weekend.

Expecting a huge game from Nelson.  Defenses are keying on Davante finally (they should be) and Nelson is finally getting some real looks on the outside to go deep on the post.

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Expecting a huge game from Nelson.  Defenses are keying on Davante finally (they should be) and Nelson is finally getting some real looks on the outside to go deep on the post.

Let's hope they're synced up and ready to go. Need more firepower

5 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Is there a guy coming into the draft that you really like who we can grab in the 2nd or 3rd round?

I know one name in the draft and he's not a receiver.  I don't even start looking at players in the draft until after the season is over, and even then my opinion on draft prospects is based solely on highlight videos and basically how old they are, their name and their Twitter.  I know nothing about draft prospects. 

On 12/13/2017 at 6:00 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

You draft a WR in round 2, that's one less defensive contributor. I actually really like the idea of throwing a 1 year deal at a Robinson/Moncrief. Both players in cloudy QB situations might take an Alshon Jeffrey deal to put up huge numbers with Rodgers. Draft the rookie in the 3/4th and give him a year as a 4/5 . If they hit, you get a year of top end production, and a 3rd round pick the following year. Well worth the investment IMO.

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You draft a WR in round 2, that's one less defensive contributor. I actually really like the idea of throwing a 1 year deal at a Robinson/Moncrief. Both players in cloudy QB situations might take an Alshon Jeffrey deal to put up huge numbers with Rodgers. Draft the rookie in the 3/4th and give him a year as a 4/5 . If they hit, you get a year of top end production, and a 3rd round pick the following year. Well worth the investment IMO.

With Ted's track record of finding WR gems in the second I'm all for that!  :)

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Is the difference between drafting in the 2nd and 3rd round really that significant?

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Is the difference between drafting in the 2nd and 3rd round really that significant?

For a WR? No, for pass rushers and DBs, yes. That's why I'd be OK with a comp 3rd/4th on the WR and using a FA as a bridge. Hell even if we take one in the 2nd they aren't going to be ready to come in and start outside as Jordy moves to the slot. FA WR is a smart idea this offseason.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived