Wide Receiver Outlook

MacReady

1 hour ago, TheOnlyThing said:

This is what I've been complaining about for two years now. Glad to see some actual data to support the idea. Jordy has lost a step or two. Must get a FAST veteran with good receiving skills. Thanks for posting this TOT.

56 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

This is what I've been complaining about for two years now. Glad to see some actual data to support the idea. Jordy has lost a step or two. Must get a FAST veteran with good receiving skills. Thanks for posting this TOT.

It’s been obvious for a couple years now. Cobb really doesn’t do much at WR and has never been fast. Adams, while a legit #1 IMO, doesn’t have long speed. Jordy used to be sneaky fast with his long stride but he has lost a step. We need a guy to stretch the field and actually make you believe he’s going to run by your DB’s. 

15 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think Paul Richardson is our best bet in free agency.  Whoever signs him is gonna be happy about it I think.  He's definitely primed for that fifth year breakout year we've been seeing out of receivers lately. 

notsureifserious?

Most seattle receivers do pretty well outside of seattle though, and Richardson was pretty limited in what they asked him to do.

13 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

notsureifserious?

Most seattle receivers do pretty well outside of seattle though, and Richardson was pretty limited in what they asked him to do.

I'm 100% serious.  I think Wilson is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league at actually getting the ball to his receivers.  You're absolutely right, Seattle receivers do BETTER outside of Seattle.  Look at Kearse.  Career year with friggin McCown.  Golden Tate never had more than 65 receptions in a year for the Seahawks.  He hasn't had less than 90 receptions a year for the Lions. 

I see Paul Richardson as basically Trevor Davis with the ability to beat press coverage in the NFL and the ability to catch.  He's almost the exact physical duplicate of Trevor Davis. 

He averaged 16 yards a catch this year.  With 44 catches.  His 2018 season is gonna be BIG.  I want him to be a Packer.  He's #1 on my offensive free agent wish list only because I think he provides the best value. 

I recall this same post in 2014 with us and the patriots having the slowest receiving corps. That year Rodgers won MVP and the Patriots won the superbowl. This is fake news. We need more quickness and fluidity, not speed. Jordy and Randall both lost quickness and fluidity. That is the difference. 

3 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

yeah, I like Richardson.  I didn't get what you meant by the 5th year improvement, or what trend that was.

I remember I was looking into receivers for some reason and I saw that there was a major jump in production for receivers in their fifth year.  I just can't remember which receivers other than Rishard Matthews. 

Archived