Wide Receiver Outlook

MacReady

On 9/13/2018 at 9:26 AM, Packerraymond said:

I really don't care what speed GMo gets clocked at he gets behind DBs, did it again with Fuller. Just a savvy guy who gets it done. Won't ever get credit from the All-Sparq team crowd.

Very little wrong with Allison's long speed. He's no burner but he's sure as hell fast enough that you need to respect it. Bunch of hands had him in the low 4.5's at his proday. Allison isn't quick and I hated those slot reps last year but he has NFL starter ability at large. I've always been intrigued by Allison really. I'm a sum of all the parts guy all day long. In that, Allison is probably a league average god given talent. But he has some truly elite parts that a smart offensive mind should be able to make go. 

Never understood some of the things I've read on here about Allison though. He had much better proday numbers and only fell on draft day because he was a raw JUCO kid with some "stuff". Many felt Dupre was the next coming and he's very much so a poor man's Allison in terms of talent. 

18 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Through 2 complete games, the much- talked- about crew of Kumerow, Davis, MVS, EQ, and Moore have contributed... 10 offensive snaps ( all MVS)

We all knew injuries and Allison sucking were their only shot this year. So far so good on health and Allison has been really good.

38 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:
57 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Through 2 complete games, the much- talked- about crew of Kumerow, Davis, MVS, EQ, and Moore have contributed... 10 offensive snaps ( all MVS)

We all knew injuries and Allison sucking were their only shot this year. So far so good on health and Allison has been really good.

Not gonna lie I was hoping we'd see some more 4 WR sets with one of the rookies in it. I'm sure we will as the season goes on

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Another "much-talked about" was having Mercedes Lewis play a lot.  He's played like 10 snaps per game, I think?  During roster discussions, there was much more consideration for cutting Kendricks than Lewis; but Kendricks has gotten lots more snaps thus far.  

I wonder if that will change at all?  Using Lewis as a run-blocker on the edge probably doesn't make much difference when Williams gets the ball, since he's going to plunge somewhere into the middle before anybody blocked or unblocked by a TE could possibly get involved anyway.  Perhaps backs who are more patient or more likely to run outside or even angle outside once in a while might benefit more from a good-blocking TE?  

For the WR, like Raymond said, certainly the hope for the rookies is that this can remain a redshirt season for them.  Having zero use for them because Allison, Graham, Adams, and Cobb are healthy and playing well, that's win-win.  

41 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I'm not hoping to take Allison or Graham off the field.  Or a RB.  Hate empty sets.

so you want to run 11 the whole game?

I love empty sets. Well, I love running a lot of different personnel groupings. Bland offenses are boring

39 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

so you want to run 11 the whole game?

I love empty sets. Well, I love running a lot of different personnel groupings. Bland offenses are boring

11, 12, 13

01 once and a while i guess.

Plenty of ways to have a diverse offense with some sort of threat to run the ball.  Empty backfield is for running qbs.

Archived