Week 2 Thread: Washington Commanders (1-0) at Detroit Lions (0-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Agreed.  Goff might not have looked all that impressive, but with their running attack, he doesn’t need to be.  They also have a defense that many are sleeping on.  This will be a tough one.  

I am hoping we bounce back from that. I believe we can be a strong run defense squad. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Hmm… on Jamin

Nice to see Cole Turner full go. I hope we see him this week but, I have to say I was encouraged by how well Logan Thomas moved/played. I expected him to be more hobbled. He looked near 100%.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If we can limit Swift and apply some pressure on Goff we can win this one. I believe we can score enough points. 
Im wondering if we’ll use 3 LB 🙄 to combat the run. 

Not sure, might depend on if Curl go or not. I’m trying to remember when we played them in 2020 when Swift was a Rookie. He & stafford tore us up in the 1st half but the 2nd half we came back.

Meh, I’m gonna need a little more proof before I just buy that they’re some elite run game.

They were pretty pedestrian last year, in fact they actually put up 10 rushing yards less per game than we did. It’s basically the same personnel across the board in the run game, although having Decker and Ragnow healthy (as they weren’t for big chunks of last season) presumably makes the OL better. Swift is very talented, and Jamaal Williams is a decent backup, but it’s not exactly an out-of-this-world duo. 

I think Philly came in expecting the focus to be much more on the passing game, given the emphasis DET had on receiving weapons in the offseason. I suspect even our defensive staff won’t be taken by surprise by a ground attack after seeing them put up those numbers against the Eagles. 

My full expectation is that Amon-Ra St. Brown will tear us up. I loved him coming out, he’s awesome, and he’s exactly the kind of player we struggle with. 

• Like 1

Don't expect a whole lot of love if we beat the Lions, either.

There were a lot of negative narratives surrounding Wentz & the Commanders all off season.

The last thing they want to do, is admit they're wrong.

What this team really needs, is a convincing win. A no doubt type of win.

Like beating the Lions 53-14 type of win. 

Even your negative Nancy's would have to take notice on that.

So let's all hope Wentz drops a 50 burger Sunday. That's what I'll be hoping for & a Win.

Shut these people up.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That stadium was 2/3 full at best, not sure what he’s getting on about. Comparatively speaking…..maybe. But that’s nothing compared to the mid 2000s or even 2016 which was my first year with season tickets.

@Thaiphoonwhat did the crowd look like from your seats?

I see your point - I mean I saw the waves of some empty sections - but from the TV, I definitely could HEAR the crowd on some plays. Like something I haven't heard in a while. 

• Like 3