Week 2 Thread: Washington Commanders (1-0) at Detroit Lions (0-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

39 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I have no clue why RR seems to always have excuses for J. Slye. Besides playing for Carolina what’s the affection for someone this inconsistent. 

He has excuses for everyone but Jamin Davis which is maddening that he & Del Rio keep singling him out but they are asked about him specifically so, I guess that’s that. But they make excuses for everyone else. It’s their fault as much as Jamin that he’s not developing. Rivera drafted him & Jack isn’t developing enough.

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Who knows? The odds are still better than one shot though. 

For a lot of teams? Yeah probably. I'll be damned if I wouldn't pause and think about it with ours though. We have a better chance to win relying on our offense to have to make a play rather than relying on our defense to make a stop. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

For a lot of teams? Yeah probably. I'll be damned if I wouldn't pause and think about it with ours though. We have a better chance to win relying on our offense to have to make a play rather than relying on our defense to make a stop. 

I mean, I agree to an extent. I also understand @e16bballpoint of view as well but I just hate the idea of giving your team less chances.

I get the hate on Jamin in coverage, but did you watch David Mayo? I mean the guy is 8 steps behind rather than Jamin's 3 or 4. Am I sticking up for Jamin? No, but he's way better than David Mayo and you won't change my mind on that. Jon Bostic isn't going to be any better either. So hope that Jamin gets better even if it isn't looking promising because he's our best option. Holcomb didn't look good in coverage either but not seeing any hate on him? We have the worst linebackers in the NFL and it's not close. 

Del Rio's scheme is also the worst in the NFL. Him and Rivera are literally insane (doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results). Quit playing this soft zone because it's not ever working or going to work. Play press man, blitz one of (if not both) these terrible coverage linebackers on almost every play, and let the safety's cover the middle of the field. 

• Like 1

The first half was one of the worst things I've seen in my life. Felt like last year against the Cowboys when we had guys punching each other on the sidelines. Offense looked good in the 2nd half. The Carson Wentz slander needs to be limited because we haven't seen a QB throw for 300+ yards and 3+ touchdowns in back to back weeks in YEARS. I'm not in the mood to look back and find an actual dates, but I'm sure it was Kirk. First half Wentz caused probably 2 of those sacks for holding the ball too long, but the o-line was pathetic. He had guys in his lap constantly. It's like they completely went away from what they did the week before against Jacksonville in the first half. Trying to run the ball up the middle against 7-8 guys in the box is never going to work so quit dong it. This coaching staff needs to swallow a little of their pride and start switching some things up or it's going to be a long year. 

39 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I get the hate on Jamin in coverage, but did you watch David Mayo? I mean the guy is 8 steps behind rather than Jamin's 3 or 4. Am I sticking up for Jamin? No, but he's way better than David Mayo and you won't change my mind on that. Jon Bostic isn't going to be any better either. So hope that Jamin gets better even if it isn't looking promising because he's our best option. Holcomb didn't look good in coverage either but not seeing any hate on him? We have the worst linebackers in the NFL and it's not close. 

Del Rio's scheme is also the worst in the NFL. Him and Rivera are literally insane (doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results). Quit playing this soft zone because it's not ever working or going to work. Play press man, blitz one of (if not both) these terrible coverage linebackers on almost every play, and let the safety's cover the middle of the field. 

I don’t think anyone wants to see Mayo on the field 

Just now, Scott Land said:

I would sure hope not, but I've read more than one time "cut Jamin Davis" and he's next in line. 

Me personally, I’d just move on from Davis. But we put ourselves in a situation where we can’t bench him. This is some of the dumbest roster construction I’ve ever witnessed. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Me personally, I’d just move on from Davis. But we put ourselves in a situation where we can’t bench him. This is some of the dumbest roster construction I’ve ever witnessed. 

Ya maybe in the offseason, but like you said we're in a position where we can't move on from him at this point, hence why I said we just have to hope he gets better as the year goes on because that's our only hope. We didn't do anything to our defense this offseason which is absolutely a fireable offense.