Week 2 Thread: Washington Commanders (1-0) at Detroit Lions (0-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Pretty Much guarantees the L. 

Nathan Fillion Lol GIF by ABC Network

Thanks...

You aren't fooling me. I'll be surprised if you guys don't win against that battered interior OL. They were without Vaitai at RG when we played them and now they are without their center who IMO is probably their best lineman. Now, they aare probably gonn be missing Jonah Jackson as well who is very solid and underrated. Allen and Payne looked great week 1 too.

5 minutes ago, taylor made said:

This is a must win game for Detroit but I think its a must win game for the Commanders too. You only have so many Detroit Lions on your schedule. You have to win these type of games. 

100%. If the goal was to really make the playoffs or to be better in his 3rd year these 1st two games where suppose to be must wins for Washington. 

• Like 1

I don’t know how this year will play out but I seem more optimistic this year. Maybe it’s CW who makes our offense more dynamic based on his skill set. 
I believe if we can have a consistent running game to where opponents need to respect it. 
LB play has to improve ( however that plays out). 
I believe the other areas are good and will keep improving. 
CW doesn’t force things. 
With the Dak injury, I believe we have a legitimate shot to win the division. 
I rather have this hopeful view than rooting for an early pick next April. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I don’t know how this year will play out but I seem more optimistic this year. Maybe it’s CW who makes our offense more dynamic based on his skill set. 
I believe if we can have a consistent running game to where opponents need to respect it. 
LB play has to improve ( however that plays out). 
I believe the other areas are good and will keep improving. 
CW doesn’t force things. 
With the Dak injury, I believe we have a legitimate shot to win the division. 
I rather have this hopeful view than rooting for an early pick next April. 

Dak injury has really open the door for Washington to make a statement. If Wentz is that guy, Washington should clearly be the favorites right now with Eagles right on their tale. Yet IMO it's the other way around Eagles the fav with Washington on their tale depending a lot on Wentz play. Hurst ability and knowledge when to use his legs make me a little more trustworthy of him than Wentz. Yet Wentz can make throws that Hurst can't. So it's truly in Wentz hands to take control of this offense and keep on putting TD's on the board and limit turnovers. That's all we can ask of him.