Week 2 Thread: Washington Commanders (1-0) at Detroit Lions (0-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

17 minutes ago, DCNative said:

You resign him. Don't let him just walk away for a 3rd round pick.

If you can only keep Payne or Sweat, who do you keep? If they keep one or both of them, do we lose Cole Holcomb?

These are the questions that will get answered & hopefully become obvious as the season goes on.

Edited by turtle28

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If you can only keep Payne or Sweat, who do you keep? If they keep one or both of them, do we lose Cole Holcomb?

These are the questions that will get answered & hopefully become obvious as the season goes on.

I am in agreement with the sentiment that you don't pay all the D lineman because it isn't "the optimal strategy" for cap allocation but if we aren't going to spend the money in Free Agency and we aren't a team that is going to get coveted players to sign here for market price I say we pay the talented players and adjust. Optimal strategies work if you are the one setting the standard if you are copying other people with lesser players you aren't really helping yourself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dash said:

With all the problems you heard about Gibson this preseason it was surprising that he took over the receiving back role from Mckissic. Anomaly or he's got the trust back until Robinson is back?

Gibson was used in different ways than McKissic. Gibson did some patterns downfield & screens.

McKissic is still their option route/3rd down guy & they flexed him out some.

McKissic had 3 targets. I’d like to see him get double they, same w/ what Terry got, but Not everyone can get 5-10 targets.

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Cole Holcomb is a non factor. He is no where near on the level of a Sweat or Payne. Holcomb is easily replaceable or has to take a team friendly deal like Mckissic to stay here. He won't get Overpaid in Free Agency. 

I'm no fan of any Washington LB to the point I resign them before Payne or Sweat. Next year I'm definitely upgrading the LB core via Free Agency, Draft, Trades, ect. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCNative said:

You resign him. Don't let him just walk away for a 3rd round pick.

I’ve said this for years!!! The way teams work the cap you don’t let your best players walk. Payne has always flashed. As he ages you’d always expect him to gain consistency and become a leader and pro. He’s a better player individually I feel the Vea. As the game slows down I always felt Payne would have more then just the flashes and it become constant. I believe this year he shows he can be a different level

• Like 1