Week 2 Thread: Washington Commanders (1-0) at Detroit Lions (0-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

5 minutes ago, DCNative said:

@Thaiphoonhow is this not Trolling? It doesn't matter how many yards Wentz threw for, did Washington Win the game? Will the trade for Wentz get Washington back in the Playoffs? According to many this off-season including @turtle28 @aceinthehouse these move were Guaranteed to make us better!!! Clearly they were wrong but now want to jump ship on what they previously posted or supported. 

If your upset with the Defense, I'm on board with ya. They were awful, terrible.

But the fact we're 1-1 with the way this Defense is playing. There should be a shrine of Wentz & Statue right in front of Lincoln's memorial.

Wentz is the only reason, we're not as bad as the colts right now. We'll, him & the 3 Amigo's.

All we can do now, is hope they straighten out the Defense, because if they do?

Washington gonna be hard to beat.

Having said all that...

Rivera seat just got warm & JDR seat is in 🔥

So what next?

Go back home & wait for Philly.

3 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If your upset with the Defense, I'm on board with ya. They were awful, terrible.

But the fact we're 1-1 with the way this Defense is playing. There should be a shrine of Wentz & Statue right in front of Lincoln's memorial.

Wentz is the only reason, we're not as bad as the colts right now. We'll, him & the 3 Amigo's.

All we can do now, is hope they straighten out the Defense, because if they do?

Washington gonna be hard to beat.

Having said all that...

Rivera seat just got warm & JDR seat is in 🔥

So what next?

Go back home & wait for Philly.

While your waiting at home you haven't proven anything to say this team will make the Playoffs so please stop with your outrageous predictions. 

17 minutes ago, DCNative said:

@Thaiphoonhow is this not Trolling? It doesn't matter how many yards Wentz threw for, did Washington Win the game? Will the trade for Wentz get Washington back in the Playoffs? According to many this off-season including @turtle28 @aceinthehouse these move were Guaranteed to make us better!!! Clearly they were wrong but now want to jump ship on what they previously posted or supported. 

A) He clarified that he wasn't directing it at anyone on this board. Also - if you have a problem with another poster, PM me or another mod (or Webby). 

B) Nothing wrong with people being optimistic about the team and changing their mind when the facts change. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Been over at ES aGottand reading posts.

There are actually people wanting to cut/bench Wentz.

Want Rivera fired? Ok, I can see that.

Want Del Rio fired? I'll lead the pack.

Want Defensive players cut, traded, benched or whatever? Ok ..I hear ya 

But if you are actually contemplating the thought of remote idiotic reason to actually think or possibly believing that Wentz should be benched, cut, traded or whatever right now.

Then me ....aceinthehouse....a non-Mod, revoke all your posting privileges on football subject matter for the rest of your natural life.

Anyways...I know none of you here could be that stupid.  But just wanted to put this out there.

Oh....and if you want to challenge me, just for heck of it? Here's a nugget for ya.

Gotta remember, those are the “mouth breather” fans.  The post with the most replies there is the Cult of Colt thread.  What happens on ES is not indicative of the fan base as a whole.  There are some good guys there, especially if Kdawg is still around, but the majority is rubbish.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

A) He clarified that he wasn't directing it at anyone on this board. Also - if you have a problem with another poster, PM me or another mod (or Webby). 

B) Nothing wrong with people being optimistic about the team and changing their mind when the facts change. 

Facts have proven Davis wasn't worth our 1st round pick, Rivera bad decisions in the off-season are coming to surface already in the 1st two weeks of the seasons, this Defense isn't anywhere near what they we're in 2020, Forrest is a bright spot in the Defense, and I could continue. My point being it's just something's We All should agree on because they are Facts. Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I can't be Honest about the team. 

Positives: Jahan Dotson. Okay, he's A LOT better than I expected. He has GREAT hands. Legit Rookie of the year candidate. 

Darrick Forrest - I think this guy is for real. He was all over the place once again making plays. He might be better than Kam Curl

Curtis Samuel - Last week wasn't a fluke and it looks like he has legit chemistry with Carson. He might be our WR1. 

Negatives: Montez Sweat. I would give DaRon Payne money over Montez Sweat if he keeps playing like this. He broke contain on that backbreaker of a reverse in the 2nd half that Amon St. Brown ran. And more importantly he is just not consistently putting pressure on the other team either. 

Antonio Gibson: 14 rushes for 28 yards isn't gonna cut it. He's absolutely dog crap when it comes to 2nd or 3rd and short situations. 

Dyami Brown: Just because. What a crappy draft pick last year. 

• Like 1

Why is Jonathan Williams on this team. From what I saw he didn’t play at all today. Clearly A. Gibson is not any good as a RB. Gibson struggled and since BR is laid up we had no consistency running the ball today. If they don’t trust JW why have him on the team. Get someone maybe off a PS because until BR comes back with what we have now no team will have to worry about us running the ball well. I just don’t understand how they keep thinking Gibson can be that guy.