Week 2 Thread: Washington Commanders (1-0) at Detroit Lions (0-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

Yo, I sure hope this is a week to week league bc if it’s not we’re about to lose 48-20 or something to Dem Birds 🦅 up north! They totally controlled the Vikings in both sides of the ball & in week 1 it looked like the Vikings might be the best team in the NFC NORTH as they spanked the Packers. 

Commanders defense Sunday:

Life Fail GIF

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m most tired of his press conferences than anything. I literally can’t listen to the man speak anymore, similar to Zorn & Shanahan in the end. He’s just bumbling around, saying a lot but not saying anything at the same time.

Too many excuses, too much “guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, GUYS!” Just be patient crap. Too much saying oh, it’s just one guy who did the wrong thing on every play! No! We’ve heard they crap going back 15 years now since Gibbs left. Coach them up, make sure they know their assignments! That you and your coaches jobs!

If Jamin isn’t progressing, give Landon Collins his $5 mil & get him back on the field next month! Do something! Status quo ain’t cutting it coach!

• Like 2

How can they possibly still be confused about the scheme/system?

Pretty much every single guy out there has played in this system for at least a year. They added almost literally no one new — they basically ran the entire thing back, just cutting a few guys loose. It was one thing when they had (a few) new guys and needed a bit of time for it all to click. But how is that still the excuse?

Either you’re incapable of teaching the scheme, or you brought in players who are so thick and so slow of wit that they’re incapable of learning it. And even the latter isn’t an excuse, because you had all these guys last year and made zero effort to replace any of them

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Pretty much every single guy out there has played in this system for at least a year. They added almost literally no one new — they basically ran the entire thing back, just cutting a few guys loose. It was one thing when they had (a few) new guys and needed a bit of time for it all to click. But how is that still the excuse?

Either you’re incapable of teaching the scheme, or you brought in players who are so thick and so slow of wit that they’re incapable of learning it. And even the latter isn’t an excuse, because you had all these guys last year and made zero effort to replace any of them

If feels to me like we lack a “QB” of the defense.  Someone who communicates to the other guys and can make calls on field when needed. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Yea, there should be no confusion on the scheme with these guys...

" Hey, Willie.....just play about 10 yards off your guy....there you go, bud. "Whistle blown"

On 9/18/2022 at 10:22 PM, taylor made said:

Positives: Jahan Dotson. Okay, he's A LOT better than I expected. He has GREAT hands. Legit Rookie of the year candidate. 

Darrick Forrest - I think this guy is for real. He was all over the place once again making plays. He might be better than Kam Curl

Curtis Samuel - Last week wasn't a fluke and it looks like he has legit chemistry with Carson. He might be our WR1. 

Negatives: Montez Sweat. I would give DaRon Payne money over Montez Sweat if he keeps playing like this. He broke contain on that backbreaker of a reverse in the 2nd half that Amon St. Brown ran. And more importantly he is just not consistently putting pressure on the other team either. 

Antonio Gibson: 14 rushes for 28 yards isn't gonna cut it. He's absolutely dog crap when it comes to 2nd or 3rd and short situations. 

Dyami Brown: Just because. What a crappy draft pick last year. 

Per the bolded.

Sweat? I agree. He's been bad in pass rush as well. Watch the angles he takes and how he puts himself out of position and out of his lanes and allows QBs to escape.

Brown? I agree he's a bad pick. Take a look at the draft again. He was chosen around 30 picks before Amon Ra St. Brown. 

The sad thing is its fairly obvious now this Rivera thing isn't going to work out. I mean, we all know two years from now when he walks away with a bunch of Snyder's money the situation the team is going to be in. Its remarkable that Snyder can't even accidentally get it right one time in 20+ years. Can't wait for us to another retread loser once Ron is gone. 

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

I mean, we were just a Carson Wentz away from being a Super Bowl contender. I really don't know what your issue is......

32 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The sad thing is its fairly obvious now this Rivera thing isn't going to work out. I mean, we all know two years from now when he walks away with a bunch of Snyder's money the situation the team is going to be in. Its remarkable that Snyder can't even accidentally get it right one time in 20+ years. Can't wait for us to another retread loser once Ron is gone. 

Dan is in hiding.  Even if we lose every game for the reset of the season do you really expect him to come out of hiding and make a bunch of moves? I don't.  Rivera is his buffer from the scandal. 

• Like 2