Week 2 Thread: Washington Commanders (1-0) at Detroit Lions (0-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This is what you can do when there’s absolutely no chance you’ll get fired. 

Yeah man, I said before the season the one thing I can see getting Ron fired eventually is his loyalty to Del Rio & to a lesser extent Chris Harris. Ron needed to overhaul the defensive staff & infuse some more talent/competition into the back 7 of the D while retaining guys like Ioannidis & Collins on restructured deals. 

He brought the band back including coaches & players w/ actually less talent bc he cut Ioannidis & Collins. And look at this D? 

It’s a mess.

On 9/20/2022 at 3:10 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

He’s already been our head coach 

No, he should’ve been our HC, instead he was just defensive coordinator for Steve Spurier.

I would say @RSkinGM that I do not want a retread HC again, I don’t want a 50 or 60 something HC. I want a younger GM hired and then, I want that younger GM to hire the HC he wants who is an up and coming assistant in his 30s or 40s.

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Can you give a summary of what Smoot said? I’d rather not listen to all 25 minutes including stupid commercials. 

One thing that stood out for me was that he said since J. Davis can’t master the scheme that he would use him to pressure/blitz the QB. Mentions he would get a run stopper in the middle especially only playing with 2 LB’s. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

One thing that stood out for me was that he said since J. Davis can’t master the scheme that he would use him to pressure/blitz the QB. Mentions he would get a run stopper in the middle especially only playing with 2 LB’s. 

So, maybe signing a AJ Johnson would be a good idea in his eyes like Lavar was talking about. Even if Johnson is just a 2 down LB, it could help our run D & make teams one dimensional.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, maybe signing a AJ Johnson would be a good idea in his eyes like Lavar was talking about. Even if Johnson is just a 2 down LB, it could help our run D & make teams one dimensional.

Sorry run stopper as a DL. He mentioned to get Suh. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

11 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Sorry run stopper as a DL. He mentioned to get Suh. 

Oh ok. They have Payne & Allen, it’s not like they don’t have run stuffing DTs. I’m not against signing Suh, we could use a 3rd DT like him to play 50% of the snaps as a 3rd DT behind Payne & Allen or 35-40 snaps a game.

Beat writers are saying that Allen & Payne are playing too many snaps. Cutting Ioannidis & the injury to Mathis really hurt our depth at DT. Just sucks.

We also only have $2.8 mil in cap space. We don’t have much room to sign any FAs, not even someone like Landon Collins, let alone a player like Suh.

Edited by turtle28

On 9/20/2022 at 2:05 PM, lavar703 said:

The sad thing is its fairly obvious now this Rivera thing isn't going to work out. I mean, we all know two years from now when he walks away with a bunch of Snyder's money the situation the team is going to be in. Its remarkable that Snyder can't even accidentally get it right one time in 20+ years. Can't wait for us to another retread loser once Ron is gone. 

Now?

I was basically calling for his head two years ago. The only reason he still has a job right now is because he lucked into being King of Turd Mountain in his first year. People thought "Oh, hey he won the division!" without acknowledging he won it at 7-9 when Dallas lost Dak and Philly & the Giants were bereft of talent. While Dallas just lost Dak again, Philly isn't bereft of talent (the Giants have just been lucky).

On 9/20/2022 at 2:39 PM, MKnight82 said:

Dan is in hiding.  Even if we lose every game for the reset of the season do you really expect him to come out of hiding and make a bunch of moves? I don't.  Rivera is his buffer from the scandal. 

It's looking like Rivera can't even be a good buffer given the swirl.