**2023 NFL Draft Prospects**

Texas_OutLaw7

24 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I think with his health, recent play, price tag, and expiring contract we’d be lucky getting a 5th.

Yeah a player that’s on a 1 year deal that hasn’t really played. Conditional 6th or 7th. Our window to trade him was in the offseason before the year started

On 10/20/2022 at 9:58 PM, plan9misfit said:

Here’s my stance on drafting a RB with a 1st round pick:

NO. The end.

I would agree if we are talking about a top 10 pick. But in the late first round (1st), I  think you have to consider it. Bijan would be far and away BPA by that point also.

Edited by Tony7188

19 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I would agree if we are talking about a top 10 pick. But in the late first round (1st), I  think you have to consider it. Bijan would be far and away BPA by that point also.

You’d probably have to go back to CJ2K in 2008 to find an RB taken in the second half of the first round that ended up being a really good pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You’d probably have to go back to CJ2K in 2008 to find an RB taken in the second half of the first round that ended up being a really good pick.

The 2nd round seems to be a good spot for the drafts top backs

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I was going to say that the only two whom I can remember were him and Steven Jackson in 2004.

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

Oh, didn’t know that. The talent is there but he has had a lot of injuries

Position with lots of injuries, where players tend to peak ~26 years old, and impact players can be found in rounds 2-3 frequently.

It’s better to take one at #24 than at #4. But it’s still not a great use of resources.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:19 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Cornerback is also a pretty sneaky need. Anthony Brown is a free agent. If you don’t re-sign him, who else on the roster do you trust to be CB2 next year? Certainly not Joseph or Wright. Bland?

This is probably more than a sneaky need at this point.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 2:33 PM, WizardHawk said:

This is probably more than a sneaky need at this point.

With this team right NOW, it will be hard to find proper value in late 1st rd pick.  I see WR, OL then up in the air.  DL has always been high on our list but right now we seem to have a high level of quality edge rushers but a HQ DT is not out of the question.   We are getting closer to RB but I would see that as  rd 2 or 3, same for CB.  

Personally my top 4 pics at this point could go OL, WR, RB then CB.  

• 2 weeks later...