**2023 NFL Draft Prospects**

Texas_OutLaw7

51 minutes ago, TVScout said:

FIFY.  We gave up 207 yards against a bad o-line.

They were the 14th best rushing team coming into the game, now they’re the 12th. I wouldn’t say they are bad. And that’s total yards per game. Rushing yards per attempt they were 12th coming into the game, now they’re 7th. 

Don’t get me wrong, we stunk, but GB isn’t bad at running the ball. They were a borderline top 10 rushing unit coming into the game. 

Edited by DaBoys

8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Looks like it’ll be a mid to late first round pick. 

Im taking BPA

WR, OL, TE, QB, CB, DT/NT, Safety

basically anything except RB, LB, Kicker, Edge rusher

I wouldn’t say LB is out of the question either. LVE and Barr are both FAs. Need Micah on the edge as much as possible

I don’t know anything about the prospects though

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That said, it’s hard to look at the results of this season and think… we need help for our defense! 

Yes CB, and Run support upfront would help. But we have to get better on offense. 

The best player on our team is on defense. If the F.O. builds the team around him and Diggs, the defense can be elite. I'm looking at CB, S, DT or LB in the 1st.

How many 1st round picks have to be spent on the offense for Dak to succeed?  

2 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

The best player on our team is on defense. If the F.O. builds the team around him and Diggs, the defense can be elite. I'm looking at CB, S, DT or LB in the 1st.

How many 1st round picks have to be spent on the offense for Dak to succeed?  

Probably 10

38 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

That’s a shame. I don’t know what’s worse: Dak not living up with all the talent he was given or our top 3 players on the roster all play on the defense (Micah, Diggs, D-Law).

It’s easily Dak, and there isn’t a close second. In a QB driven league, a team goes as far as the QB goes. And, well, Dak won’t take anyone very far.

55 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Some people have no idea what the rest of the NFL looks like.

What are you referring too? Other teams QBs or other teams offensive weapons? Because We are pretty middle of the pack in both areas

In Daks four starts he’s been 29th, 15th, 2nd, and 21st in QBR. Which averages out to 17th in QBR. Mid level exactly. 

Not sure how to quantify our offensive weapons but start stacking CD, Gallup, and Schultz against other teams receiving threats and you’ll be left wanting. 

Having two decent RBs isn’t as rare as you might think either. 

Edited by DaBoys

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

What are you referring too? Other teams QBs or other teams offensive weapons? Because We are pretty middle of the pack in both areas

I’m referring to the notion that we’ve surrounded Dak with so many resources and he hasn’t been able to “live up”.

The first year of his contract, he took us to the playoffs and had the #1 offense in football. Yes there is nuance. Yes, he didn’t play that well down the stretch. Yes, yes, yes. But those caveats exist for basically any QB besides Mahomes and Allen.

If some Cowboys fans switched to rooting for any other team besides the Chiefs and Bills, they’d be complaining about their QB. And some would even complain about Mahomes or Allen if they were the QB of the team they rooted for.

I think same logic can be applied to Daks supporters. I encourage you all to watch other teams. If you actually did you’d see that several QBs, that have been the butt of your jokes, are out performing Dak by a wide margin. 

Forget Allen, and Mahomes, have you watched Geno Smith play this year? Tua? Brissett? Hurts? Daniel Jones? Lawrence? Justin Fields? These guys are busts but all top 10 QBs this year. Is Dak definitively better than any of them? Not this year. Not to mention Aarod and Brady who have both out classed Dak this year. 

Allen and Mahomes!? Let’s just hope Dak doesn’t get embarrassed by Kirk Cousin’s next week. 

week 1 QBR Dak 29th Brady 10th

week 7 Dak 15th Goff 28th

week 8 Dak 2nd Fields 8th

week 10 Dak 21st Aarod 6th

There were members of this forum that had Dak as a top 7 QB in the league going into the year. There’s just no way.