26: OT Darnell Wright 

58: DE/DT Adetomiwa Adebawore 

90: WR A.T. Perry 

Not bad. 

Here are some other mocks assuming everyone above our pick is off the board:

26: DT Calijah Kancy(28)

58: NT Siaki Ika(60)

90: WR Tank Dell(98)

Our 1T, and 3T would be set for years and finally match our edge rushers in talent. Get a nice weapon in round 3. 

26: O’Cyrus Torrence(29)

58: Devon Achane(63)

90: Tank Dell(98)

Hit all the offensive needs 1,2,3 and get immediately more explosive on offense. 

Here’s a mock picking players that are just a bit out of reach which is ideally what you want:

26: WR Zay Flowers(25)

58: OG/C Steve Avila(53)

90: CB Eli Ricks(89)

That would be an example of a realistic knockout draft imo. 

26: CB Cam Smith(31)

58: QB Hendon Hooker(66)

90: TE Luke Schoonmaker(103)

👀🫣

Great breakdown.

Only one is I think I’m probably out on Eli Ricks after his testing numbers. Even in we get past the reported personality issues, 4.6 corners just do not have much success in the NFL.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 1:32 PM, DaBoys said:

This would be killer

Feel like Kancey has been under-discussed in general here. I'm not sure he's exactly what this team needs up front, but that guy is a bonafide ***-kicker and you can never have too many of those.

Feels like a pipe dream that he'd not only be there but that we'd address DT in the first, but, given how the offseason has gone thus far, I say dare to dream. I wanna say right now, by a smidge, he's my preferred best case scenario for our pick.

• Like 1

Jon Machota’s mock from The Athletic

26 - Nolan Smith Edge Georgia
58 - Mazi Smith DT Michigan
90 - Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA
129 - Luke Shoonmaker TE Michigan
176 - Anthony Bradford G LSU
212 - Aidan O’Connell QB Purdue 
244 - Jake Moody K Michigan

I’d be pretty pleased with this outcome. I can’t see Dallas passing up OG early given current state.

Edited by WizardHawk

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

Feel like Kancey has been under-discussed in general here. I'm not sure he's exactly what this team needs up front, but that guy is a bonafide ***-kicker and you can never have too many of those.

Feels like a pipe dream that he'd not only be there but that we'd address DT in the first, but, given how the offseason has gone thus far, I say dare to dream. I wanna say right now, by a smidge, he's my preferred best case scenario for our pick.

I feel like Kancey is a true first rounder. There are a lot of fringe guys being talked about at pick 26, and I find it hard to get in a situation where Kancey is still on the board and not the BPA. 

Edited by DaBoys

Isreal “izzy” Abanikanda RB Pitt

pros:

Fast. Former track athlete. Was clocked by various scouts somewhere between 4.27 and 4.41 at his pro day. He also had a 41” vert and a 10’8” broad. Despite his speed and explosiveness he isn’t a small guy at 5’10” 216 lbs. That’s heavier than power back darling Zach Charbonnet weighed in at the combine. He is also 2 years younger at only 20 years old. 

As for production, he led all of college football with 20 rushing TDs last season.  He had 100 or more rushing yards in 9 of 11 games last year, and broke Tony Dorsetts’ Pitt record for most yards in a game. 

Rumored to be a 4-6 rounder he probably scootched closer to the 4th round after his pro day. He is a prime example of why you don’t draft RBs early. I haven’t seen his name mentioned much in here. Meet Izzy:

Edited by DaBoys

Rashee Rice WR SMU

Pros:

Explosive athlete with a 41” vert and 10’8” broad at the combine. Only ran a 4.51 but weighed in over 200 lbs which was rare for WRs at this combine. Demonstrates excellent ball skills and competitiveness. Played high school and college in the Dallas area. Led all of college football in receiving yards last season. Had a career day 11 catches and 193 yards against Deonte Banks and Maryland in week 3.  currently slotted to go rounds 2 or 3. Wouldn’t at be surprised to find he’s a target at pick 58. 

Twenty-eight NFL teams were in attendance at SMU's Pro Day, including four that had multiple front office personnel and/or scouts present: the Cincinnati Bengals, the Dallas Cowboys, the Houston Texans, and the New Orleans Saints. 

Don’t see his name mentioned much in here. Meet Rashee:

FqaAySvWIAAX_oS.jpg:large

SMU has quietly been an NFL wide receiver factory across the past 10-12 years, sending players like two-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl Champion wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders and productive slot receiver Cole Beasley to the league in the early 2010's. They have also put recent alums into the NFL like current Denver Broncos Pro Bowl wide receiver Courtland Sutton, current Baltimore Ravens wideout James Proche, current San Francisco 49ers pass-catcher Danny Gray, and current Tennessee Titans receiver Reggie Roberson. 

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

SMU has quietly been an NFL wide receiver factory across the past 10-12 years, sending players like two-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl Champion wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders and productive slot receiver Cole Beasley to the league in the early 2010's. They have also put recent alums into the NFL like current Denver Broncos Pro Bowl wide receiver Courtland Sutton, current Baltimore Ravens wideout James Proche, current San Francisco 49ers pass-catcher Danny Gray, and current Tennessee Titans receiver Reggie Roberson. 

I like Rice. My first view of him, I thought he’d be a very valid 2nd rounder. He’s not quite the player, but stylistically a bit like CeeDee, IMO.

On 3/30/2023 at 7:23 PM, WizardHawk said:

Jon Machota’s mock from The Athletic

26 - Nolan Smith Edge Georgia
58 - Mazi Smith DT Michigan
90 - Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA
129 - Luke Shoonmaker TE Michigan
176 - Anthony Bradford G LSU
212 - Aidan O’Connell QB Purdue 
244 - Jake Moody K Michigan

I’d be pretty pleased with this outcome. I can’t see Dallas passing up OG early given current state.

4 Michigan men? Count me in! (Note: Charbonnet began his career in Ann Arbor and transferred to Westwood)

Cowboys should select Tucker Kraft in the 2nd round.  Dude could be a stud TE, is just as good of a blocker if not possibly better than Schultz and is a very talented pass catcher as well.  Guy is totally legit and they have a good shot at him unless the Patriots go after him but with them signing Gesicki and already having Hunter Henry I doubt it.

I would be very surprised if they do not draft O'Cyrus Torrence 1st round, they need a OG bad and he could be an awesome Cowboy player.  Then get Tyjea Spears in the 3rd, they could have a pretty awesome draft potentially.

With what we have done already I would be happy with whom ever we take as long as the rankings justify the pick.  I also think a HQ DT is a stretch but would be nice.  

i would be happy with 

Kanceey DT 

Avilia G

Charbonet RB

Rice WR