**2023 NFL Draft Prospects**

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I admit I’m a little higher on Forbes than most, but I’m of the school that says you can’t teach ball skills. See Byron Jones and his 4 career interceptions. Also, the only knock on him is his weight. He has the desired length, and height. So basically you’re worried about him holding up in the run game which should be an afterthought when assessing CBs as long as they are making plays in coverage which Forbes may the best prospect ….ever when it comes to ball skills. He at least has an argument with the FBS and SEC records he now holds. 

For instance, everyone here is in love with Trevon Diggs for his ball skill abilities. No one seems to care that he couldn’t tackle WizardHawk in the open field. No one is causing a stir about him avoiding tackles in the playoffs and being scared to touch Kittle even when he’s not looking. Trevon Diggs is worthless at tackling, and we all know PrimeTime21 was not the most willing tackler either, but no one cares because of the interceptions. 

I think people are going to look back and realize they were over thinking on Forbes, when he’s a 4-7 interceptions a year guy. He’s the CB version of Calijah Kancey. Everything looks elite; the tape, the production, the timed athleticism, everything except when he steps on the scale. 

Forbes can easily handle some more muscle on his frame, too. As long as the work ethic and desire are there (true for pretty much any prospect), I have no qualms about him as a 1st rounder.

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Never fails. Start snooping around for info and one drops on Twitter with all of it in one spot.

This list is not great.

It’s not at all clear to me based on reporting that Kendre Miller is a top-30.

Also, seems to have missed Clayton Thune, Zach Evans, Josh Downs, Payne Durham, Steve Avila, and Tyrique Stevenson.

Taking a LB high has not at all been in the mix of our discussions, but appears it’s a possibility. Simpson is ok, but for my money Jack Campbell is really the only guy I’d be interested in investing high for.

Hyatt been the radar for a while and like Flowers, I’d be happy to get him.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Taking a LB high has not at all been in the mix of our discussions, but appears it’s a possibility. Simpson is ok, but for my money Jack Campbell is really the only guy I’d be interested in investing high for.

Yeah not the highest positional value coupled with not being a huge need after retaining LVE. It doesn’t leave a good taste in your mouth. That said in regards to Simpson, It’s never a bad thing to add another run-and-hit LB that flirts with 4.3 speed. 

Strengths
  • Starting experience at inside and outside linebacker spots.
  • Good read and response to his keys.
  • Blazing speed to track down ball-carriers in all directions.
  • Ideal traits for use as a spy on mobile quarterbacks.
  • Good stack-and-shed twitch when taking on tight ends.
  • Quick to squeeze routes underneath.
  • Explosive charge forward when activated as a blitzer.

LB is definitely somewhat of a need. LVE could just be here for one more year and outside of him and Clark you don’t feel good about anyone playing much at all, really, outside of STs

It feels like we’ve done a really good job of setting ourself up to truly go BPA. Most of our position groups are in a spot where you don’t necessarily need another guy, but it also couldn’t hurt. I would only rule out QB, safety, and a pure center (no guard flexibility, too small) when it comes to our first pick- though LB would be a surprise

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TVScout said:

We need O-line more than LB.

I agree- just clarifying that if there were a Lindenbaum type of prospect that's a rock solid first rounder but strictly a center, I don't think we'd be all that interested. There doesn't seem to be such a player this year so it's moot.

I think Trenton Simpson is probably a guy they like who they imagine could be the best player available in certain scenarios like a trade back or even in round 2. Nothing about their approach has me thinking LB is a real main target early in the draft.

WR, on the other hand, seems to be a real position of interest. Bringing in basically everyone.

8 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Hyatt been the radar for a while and like Flowers, I’d be happy to get him.

Me likey Jack Campbell. He and Nolan Smith are basically the only two LBs whom I’d be truly interested in drafting.

I had the impression that Jonathan Mingo was a mid-late rounder. That guy is a top 100 pick in my book, easy. Probably better honestly.

He doesn’t have overwhelming college production, but other than that, there’s a lot to love. Explosive plays, deep speed, great feet, easy acceleration, can track the ball in the air. Not always the most consistent route runner, but does have routes that make you go “whoa”. Was used all over the formation at Ole Miss, so versatile. You can manufacture touches for him while he learns the position. Very good blocker. 9.97 RAS. I will not be shocked at all if he becomes on of the better WRs from this class.

We’ll see how the final visit list shakes out, but interesting that we have 4 potential round 1-2 WRs, but no TEs.