Week 2 GDT: Houston Texans @ Denver Broncos

paul-mac

I may have jumped the gun with my Week 1 blowout prediction (though as I've said, on the balance we should have won fairly comfortably), but I am making a similar prediction this week.

First home game off a bad loss against one of the worst teams in the league? We should be winning this game by 10+ easily. I expect the penalties to be cleaned up and the team much more focused after that loss.

31-13 Broncos.

• Like 1

Hard to have predicted the crowd noise levels in SEA but I don't think that was part of the delay of game penalties, I attribute that more to not playing the starters in preseason, looking like a huge mistake there. Cleaning up the penalties, a home game, a little more cohesion should give us our first win of the season.

7 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Alex Singleton waived. A bit strange, I think? I thought he played almost exactly as advertised: stout vs the run, but completely torn up in coverage. Were Paton and Hackett expecting something different?

Anything LB's may be a bit strange this year. Our 2 LB coaches now have 1 game each coaching LB's in the NFL.

36 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Alex Singleton waived. A bit strange, I think? I thought he played almost exactly as advertised: stout vs the run, but completely torn up in coverage. Were Paton and Hackett expecting something different?

I might have fallen for a fake tweet on this one, can’t find anyone else reporting it. 

Yes, it was fake. Rowles RT’d a fake Klis account. 

Edited by broncosfan_101

I love what Caden Sterns has shown so far - and @BullsandBroncos can confirm I stumped for him in our FFMD draft (with Javonte Williams & Quinn Meinerz too / blind squirrels can find a nut lol).  

But he’s no Justin Simmons.  Big blow.  I do think he’s more likely to fill in well than PJ Locke so I’m glad to see he’s getting the call first.