The Ongoing Offensive Line Thread

RaidersAreOne

For the second year in a row the staff/front office had too much faith in our guys developing/becoming average to above average players. We paid Brandon Parker low end starter money, kept Good at his $4M cap hit, and I think they were also optimistic about Leatherwood. Losing all three of those guys before the season basically killed our depth because all three of those guys were penciled in as potential starters. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

For the second year in a row the staff/front office had too much faith in our guys developing/becoming average to above average players. We paid Brandon Parker low end starter money, kept Good at his $4M cap hit, and I think they were also optimistic about Leatherwood. Losing all three of those guys before the season basically killed our depth because all three of those guys were penciled in as potential starters. 

I like Ziegler and think he'll be a big improvement over Grudock, but man was our OL ever neglected.  I guess it's hard having so much dead cap + trading your high picks for a star at a different position, but counting on those 3 as starters was ballsy to say the least.