The Ongoing Offensive Line Thread

RaidersAreOne

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2023 at 2:56 AM, NYRaider said:

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if they plan to keep Andre James and project Thayer Munford as the starting RT.

LT - Kolton Miller / Brandon Parker

LG - Dylan Parham / Netane Muti

C - Andre James

RG -

RT - Thayer Munford / Justin Herron

Scary thought :)

On 3/14/2023 at 6:56 PM, NYRaider said:

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if they plan to keep Andre James and project Thayer Munford as the starting RT.

C - Andre James

RG -

I wonder if they view Herron as a starter at RT. He started 12 and 16 games for NE in 2020 and 2021 at RT

On 3/14/2023 at 6:56 PM, NYRaider said:

C - Andre James

RG -

This is what I’m thinking, pick up a low end OG in FA and a mid round pick let them battle it out. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We'll probably have one of the worst OL's in the league again but at least we saved cap space to pay Jakobi Meyers.

Get the most injury prone QB in the league behind a bottom 5 OL, let him get killed. Win 2 games, have a built in excuse. Remind Mark he still hasn’t recovered from firing Chucky and he doesn’t want to pay 3 coaches, get to 2024, draft CW. 

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

They traded Wallers and gave that money to Meyers. Younger, similar role. I see no issue with this. 

We were overpaying skill position guys last year while ignoring the OL / defense. We just continued to do it by transferring Waller's money to Meyers and it's even worse now that we're also giving Jacobs top tier money.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We were overpaying skill position guys last year while ignoring the OL / defense. We just continued to do it by transferring Waller's money to Meyers and it's even worse now that we're also giving Jacobs top tier money.

I also don't see how they ignored the OL and Defense. They drafted 2 on the both side of the line. Multiple FA's were added to the Dline including Chandler who turned into a pumpkin unfortunately. Traded for a solid #2 corner in Rock. 

They were not ignoring either, just tied to the wrong guys and were dealt a bunch of injuries. 

As for now, it's a process... there are 60 guys on the roster currently. Let's see who the other 30 are before we start making sweeping statements. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

I also don't see how they ignored the OL and Defense. They drafted 2 on the both side of the line. Multiple FA's were added to the Dline including Chandler who turned into a pumpkin unfortunately. Traded for a solid #2 corner in Rock. 

They were not ignoring either, just tied to the wrong guys and were dealt a bunch of injuries. 

As for now, it's a process... there are 60 guys on the roster currently. Let's see who the other 30 are before we start making sweeping statements. 

They basically ran it back with the same mediocre group on the OL and it looks like they're planning to do it again this year. 

We're currently 30th in the NFL in defensive spending / 24th in OL spending.