The Ongoing Offensive Line Thread

RaidersAreOne

On 3/27/2023 at 6:16 PM, NYRaider said:

Carried White, Brown, Bolden, and Ameer to literally not use them.

That was ridiculous and a waste of at least 1 roster space.

——————————————————-

On another note, I don’t think it’s surprising Jacobs had all of our TDs and no one else did.  Carr isn’t a runner, White+Abdullah+Bolden got very very few carries and they were split up when they did.

im hoping this year we use White more.  Hopefully he steps up.  I’d like to take some wear off Jacobs to prolong his health.

Edited by jimkelly02

Would like to go Defense with the first 2 picks and then get Oline that can play multiple positions. Like...

70) C/G Avila or Tippman

109) C/G Patterson

141) G Vorhees 

Vorhess in the 5th is worth a triple dip and just IR him his rookie year. I'd feel more comfortable with our Oline and depth moving forward. The above 3 and Miller, Parham and Munford...Only a few spots left for the JAG vets to compete for. 

1 hour ago, G said:

Would like to go Defense with the first 2 picks and then get Oline that can play multiple positions. Like...

70) C/G Avila or Tippman

109) C/G Patterson

141) G Vorhees 

Vorhess in the 5th is worth a triple dip and just IR him his rookie year. I'd feel more comfortable with our Oline and depth moving forward. The above 3 and Miller, Parham and Munford...Only a few spots left for the JAG vets to compete for. 

Patterson sucks

Elu came out on Twitter after he resigned and said he will form the best OT pair with Kolton this upcoming season. I think there is pretty slim chance that Elu plays other then RT in 2023 for us.

Everything can happen obviously, but I highly doubt it.

8 hours ago, Rolni said:

Elu came out on Twitter after he resigned and said he will form the best OT pair with Kolton this upcoming season. I think there is pretty slim chance that Elu plays other then RT in 2023 for us.

Everything can happen obviously, but I highly doubt it.

Yeah, I think and it seems like all clues point to Elu playing RT next year.  Now if injuries happen I think he could bump inside for a short period of time.  But the plans probably to keep him at RT.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

People sleeping on Herron as a guard 

You're just throwing names against a wall in hopes they stick.

What could you possibly be basing this on, because it sure as heck isn't anything he's put on film since he's been in the league. And he's only played OT. 

Might as well say we are sleeping on Vitaliy Gurman, Sebastian Gutierrez, Jordan Meredith and Justin Murray while you're at it if you're naming roster depth guys. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What could you possibly be basing this on, because it sure as heck isn't anything he's put on film since he's been in the league. And he's only player OT. 

Might as well say we are sleeping on Vitaliy Gurman, Sebastian Gutierrez, Jordan Meredith and Justin Murray while you're at it if you're naming roster depth guys. 

So true...

Herron played only OT under basically this group of coaches during his 3 season NFL carrier.
Last year he was one of the few guys, who knew our scheme and still couldn't get a job for himself. He got 17 snaps!

Why would he be an integral part of this OL?

I still think ideally we move Parham to RG and get a quality LG.

If we fail to draft one, we could get a guy like Wynn after the draft to play at LG for us IMO.

We could get Risner possibly too or Pugh if we got a guy, who needs a vet before him for a few weeks...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What could you possibly be basing this on, because it sure as heck isn't anything he's put on film since he's been in the league. And he's only played OT. 

Justin Herron was actually drafted. This management thought he was worth a draft pick. He is 6'3-6'4 undersized as a tackle, but ideal size for IOL. When he was given a chance on Pats, he was solid. At this time last year, nobody gave Elu a shot. Seems like the Pats coaching think they can get more of out guys. I'm not claiming Herron is going to be a savior, but I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches thought highly of him. 

29 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Justin Herron was actually drafted. This management thought he was worth a draft pick. He is 6'3-6'4 undersized as a tackle, but ideal size for IOL. When he was given a chance on Pats, he was solid. At this time last year, nobody gave Elu a shot. Seems like the Pats coaching think they can get more of out guys. I'm not claiming Herron is going to be a savior, but I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches thought highly of him. 

This is all well and good. But saying people are sleeping on him implies he's about to make a jump into solid starter. In his case, he's not played OG in the NFL and has shown no real positives to think we're sleeping on him. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I’ll say this after the contract bs and chub injury I don’t think jacobs is giving it 110% like last year. Oline isn’t holding and finishing blocks either. Playing patty cake. Something isn’t right too much continuity for the oline to be this garbage. Mayer omg gonna get someone killed with his whiffs. 

elu had some good sets vs tj and some bad1’s.