The Ongoing Offensive Line Thread

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

For those calling for Oline.... what FA are available? Who do you trade for? Nobody really talking solutions here.

I guess my point is that we shouldn't be here in the first place.  We knew this was an issue.  Everyone knew.  But nothing was accomplished.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The fact these guys are FA should tell us something, no? Dallas lost their starting LT and signed a 40 year old Jason Peters over these guys. 

Beggars can’t be choosers

if anything we need depth

with James down we just got thinner 

why we need 5 rbs I have no idea

trades aren’t gonna happen cause we’re so desperate the price would get ran up 

like mentioned above we shouldn’t even be in this situation 

1 hour ago, Totty said:

I guess my point is that we shouldn't be here in the first place.  We knew this was an issue.  Everyone knew.  But nothing was accomplished.  

They drafted 2 players.

Of the FA's, who would you have wanted to break the bank for? 

Armstead - 5/75

Shreff - 3/49.5

Tomlinson - 3/40

Brown - 2/22 (we covered him in detail at the time)

Corbett - 3/29.25

Noteboom - 3/40

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Beggars can’t be choosers

if anything we need depth

with James down we just got thinner 

why we need 5 rbs I have no idea

trades aren’t gonna happen cause we’re so desperate the price would get ran up 

like mentioned above we shouldn’t even be in this situation 

They just signed a form FRP at C. They have depth, they are just young or meh.

I agree on the 5 RB situation. They clearly liked both rooks and are playing the long game there. 

Trades happen closer to the deadline when losing teams look to offload talent. That would be the window. 

I really want to understand how "we should not be in this situation" unless it meant not extending the core guys. It couldn't all happen in one offseason.

Also, we don't know what FA's they may have pushed to get and lost out on for one reason or another. The FA class was nothing special to break the bank on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I agree on the 5 RB situation. They clearly liked both rooks and are playing the long game there. 

Trades happen closer to the deadline when losing teams look to offload talent. That would be the window. 

I really want to understand how "we should not be in this situation" unless it meant not extending the core guys. It couldn't all happen in one offseason.

Also, we don't know what FA's they may have pushed to get and lost out on for one reason or another. The FA class was nothing special to break the bank on.

I’ve never heard of Barton before but he made the roster. You never know until you give them a chance. Cotton couldn’t find a team last year but he made the roster. I hear you tho at least we’re signing some guys to ps 

31 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They drafted 2 players.

Armstead - 5/75

Shreff - 3/49.5

Tomlinson - 3/40

Corbett - 3/29.25

Noteboom - 3/40

Moses or the draft was the best solution from my point of view.  I wanted nothing to do with Parker or Leatherwood on the right side.  Trying Leatherwood on the left before cutting him could have helped.  Although I really like Adams but not trading with the Packers before the draft allows us to address the o-line in the draft.  Trade back into the the 2nd round and pick up an extra 1st in 2023, draft Abraham Lucas and Ingram in the second, and have some extra ammo to make an Adams trade.  This is just a hypothetical but you get what I am saying.  The FO's want to get a bunch of weapons instead of addressing the o-line for a QB that needs good protection to not crap the bed is a big red flag.  We should not be in this situation.  When FA started and then there was talk of Adams I was constantly on this board calling for them to fix the line first.  When they did very little to improve the line, if they even had, I was discussing getting to the season and finding out they are not good enough. How that could lead to us overpaying in a trade for average players.  Step by step I have been trying to discuss these problems.  It could workout in the end but right now we look like the first part of this season is going to be rough.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

There are a lot of things Gruden did that has to be cleaned up.  We know just about every FA this team goes after.  There where not any signs or rumors of us pursuing o-line help that was considered better than Parker.

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

They drafted 2 players.

Armstead - 5/75

Shreff - 3/49.5

Tomlinson - 3/40

Corbett - 3/29.25

Noteboom - 3/40

We did draft two players at OL.  We even tried in FA from what I remember.  But I just feel like the FO and staff are sitting on their hands hoping for the best.  

You pointed out that players are FA for a reason right now.  And that's fair, but if that's the case you can't really use Billy Price as a focal towards improvement.  Which is also fair.  

I wouldn't have had any problem with McZig getting aggressive in FA.  We signed Chandler Jones no sweat, and he's great.  But he's also 32 and didn't really show up last week.  Could we have gone with Randy Gregory or another comparable player and went harder after OL?  Shoulda, woulda, coulda I guess.  It's just insanely frustrating.  

Also to be fair, not every team has a Bosa and Mack.  Or a defense that stacked.  So I guess looking ahead hopefully we see improvements.  

14 minutes ago, Totty said:

We did draft two players at OL.  We even tried in FA from what I remember.  But I just feel like the FO and staff are sitting on their hands hoping for the best.  

I'm assuming that they projected at least 2/3, possibly all 3/3 of Leatherwood, Parker, and Good as starters during the off-season. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm assuming that they projected at least 2/3, possibly all 3/3 of Leatherwood, Parker, and Good as starters during the off-season. 

That projection hasn't come to fruition.  2/3 aren't on the team.  Parker is in team but on IR.  😑 So there's that.  

9 minutes ago, Totty said:

That projection hasn't come to fruition.  2/3 aren't on the team.  Parker is in team but on IR.  😑 So there's that.  

Yeah, Good retired, Parker is on IR, and Leatherwood got cut obviously. I'm just saying that I think one of the reasons we don't have any OL depth is because three of the guys that the front office thought would be potential starters were lost before the season started. I was so-so on bringing Good back and wanted no part in resigning Parker. 

I'm optimistic about Miller, James, Parham, and Eluemunor. I'd still like to see us make a move though, Isaiah Wynn or Daryl Williams would both make a ton of sense. 

Edited by NYRaider