The Ongoing Offensive Line Thread

RaidersAreOne

• 2 months later...
On 12/21/2022 at 6:41 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ziegler and Co built this group: hoping we do some of this next year

That fake spin move by Jones was sublime! The Pats always seemed to just have plug and play linemen and did a great job with consistency over the years, last year they had injury issues but hope their success with OLine translates to us

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Elu lead the team in penalties with (10) with (4) resulting in stalled drives

munford 4 flags with 1 stalled drive

kolt 6 flags w/ 1 stalled drive

james has 3 flags with all 3 resulting in stalled drives

Bars 3 flags no stalls 

crazy

If Mumford is starting at RT next season we need a RG like Seumalo and upgrade at Center like Pocic

Miller, Parham, Pocic, Seumalo, Mumford. Easily done if we dump Carr Salary.

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

If Mumford is starting at RT next season we need a RG like Seumalo and upgrade at Center like Pocic

Miller, Parham, Pocic, Seumalo, Mumford. Easily done if we dump Carr Salary.

I’d think about throwing a late round pick at Denver for Risner if he wants out. We have our guards then, we can look at upgrading OC and see if Munford grows at RT. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

Raiders need that big mauler inside. I personally think Parham will take over at center sooner than later.

For me, I guess it depends upon what recruitment we do. If we get two good guards then yes, move Parham over but if we only have one guard and the usual misfits then I’d rather keep James as he’s at least average than weaken two positions. Hopefully we can improve all three internal OLine spots. 

What is frustrating for me is that we had such a great line and of course, they were overpaid a bit and we probably had too much money tied up but we didn’t just trim the fat we took out a flaming chainsaw and butchered the whole lot so we went from expensive but great to very cheap and nasty immediately. Ludicrous really when you think how teams are generally considered to be best built from inside out 😂

Edited by Darbsk