Best 4th quarter comeback, ever!

Mid Iowa

Jameis Winston - coming off an ACL repair, took a while to knock off the rust, but when push came to shove, Winston crushed it!!!

Saints 4th quarter passing stats were:
Winston - 14 for 15, 218 yards, 2 TD's, and 1 2pt conversion.
Thomas - 4 reception for 56 yards, 2 TD's.
Landry - 4 receptions for 92 yards.
Johnson - 2 receptions for 43 yards.
All for 17 points and a win.

This is the first time the Saints have ever come back from 16 points down to win. What a finish!!

12 hours ago, Raves said:

I started watching the game when we were up 7-3, had a hard time finding the game, then we got down 26-10 and realized I was jinxing it.  So I went to just occasionally watching updates on yahoo through my phone till the game ended.

I was in a similar boat. Coming home from a long weekend road trip and had to get updates on the sports app. When the Falcons scored to go up by 16, I knew we were toast.

Never say never, I suppose.

AND, welcome back, Michael Thomas. Still can't guard this guy!

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

I was in a similar boat. Coming home from a long weekend road trip and had to get updates on the sports app. When the Falcons scored to go up by 16, I knew we were toast.

Never say never, I suppose.

AND, welcome back, Michael Thomas. Still can't guard this guy!

yeah from what I saw, Ruiz was absolute dog crap in the first 3 quarters, Hurst wasn't much better.  I'm guessing Ruiz finally shook off some of the rust and Hurst wasn't getting beaten like a Jamaican drum anymore.  Can't wait for Penning to get back.  He might not be better this year due to penalties/learning curve, but he sure as hell can't be worse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dash said:

Dunno what was up with Kamara but that offense should be nice this year long as Winston stays healthy. Dunno what was up with the defense either. Surprised the run defense was that bad without losing much there. 

I think the Falcons made a great move by putting Patterson is as a RB rather than a WR. He's just not a great RB, but he's big, tough, and fast. By the time he hits the o-line, he's got 4-5 yards worth of momentum already built up. I honestly don't think our guys knew what they were getting into with Patterson. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's sure what it looked like to me.

On 9/14/2022 at 10:45 AM, Dash said:

Dunno what was up with Kamara but that offense should be nice this year long as Winston stays healthy. Dunno what was up with the defense either. Surprised the run defense was that bad without losing much there. 

It seemed like our OL and DL both got pushed around in the first 3 quarters. Definitely need that to change going forward.

• Like 1