Jameis Winston Under NFL Investigation

cddolphin

PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/17/report-nfl-investigating-jameis-winston-for-allegedly-groping-an-uber-driver/

Buzzfeed: https://www.buzzfeed.com/talalansari/jameis-winston?utm_term=.yinVpD7vW#.erJB6Mdaz

Kate said he was the only passenger. “I started driving, and right away, Jameis behaved poorly” by shouting, in part, homophobic slurs at pedestrians, said Kate, who did not want to be identified for fear of negative attention and potential backlash from football fans. He then asked to stop for food.

Waiting in line at the drive-thru of Los Betos Mexican Food, “he reached over and he just grabbed my crotch,” Kate said, alleging that Winston held his hand there for three to five seconds and removed it only after she looked up in shock and said, “What’s up with that?”

“I wasn't just creeped out,” said Kate, who had been driving with Uber for more than two years at that point. (She no longer drives for the service.) “I was frozen.” She described Winston as “very physically imposing.”

“I mean he's an NFL quarterback and I’m 5 ft 6. I’m not prepared for that. So I completely froze,” she said, worried that she might provoke an unwanted reaction.

Winston’s representative, Russ Spielman, issued a statement denying the allegations: "We categorically deny this allegation. It is our understanding the uber driver was unable to identify the specific individual who allegedly touched this driver inappropriately. The only reason his name is being dragged in to this is that his uber account was used to call the ride."

The response from the agent is interesting.  The accuser states there is one passenger.  The agent s statement  implies he wasn't even in the vehicle as opposed to a she said, he said account of actually what happened in the alleged incident.   I would expect more details to come out pretty quickly either way in this incident. 

19 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

As big of a critic I was on Winston's character, we need more details.  It's been a year and a half since the incident so correct me if I may not know how these things play out, but why didn't they investigate or report it sooner? 

For a long time incidents like these were nightmares for victims and the recent support victims have been getting the last few months has been giving them courage to speak out.

25 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

As big of a critic I was on Winston's character, we need more details.  It's been a year and a half since the incident so correct me if I may not know how these things play out, but why didn't they investigate or report it sooner? 

Victims of these incidents say the experience is so harrowing that they try and block it out. But revelations revealed gives them impetus and courage to raise it again.

Obviously wouldn't be shocked if he did this, cause it sounds like Jameis. But I'd like to see Uber's records establishing that Jameis actually has an account and uses their service, and if he does, whether he was a part of that transaction. I'm not saying this is likely, but it's possible someone with his profile was masquerading as him. I just feel like it's a bit weird that a millionaire star athlete taking Uber rides. Maybe it's not uncommon, I don't know. 

Tampa Bay gets exactly what they deserved for drafting the guy.  They got attracted by the things Winston had that you can't teach when they should have been more concerned about whether or not he had the things you can't fix.  He did have those things, and you can't fix stupid. 

14 minutes ago, Phire said:

Obviously wouldn't be shocked if he did this, cause it sounds like Jameis. But I'd like to see Uber's records establishing that Jameis actually has an account and uses their service, and if he does, whether he was a part of that transaction. I'm not saying this is likely, but it's possible someone with his profile was masquerading as him. I just feel like it's a bit weird that a millionaire star athlete taking Uber rides. Maybe it's not uncommon, I don't know. 

Read the bottom paragraph in the quote in the opening paragraph. His own representative admitted that it was his Uber account that was used. 

Archived