Jameis Winston Under NFL Investigation

cddolphin

Lordy.. this guy having another off the field issue.. I know there are going to be a TON of people out there  who won't give him the benefit of the doubt.. because of everything he's been involved with going back to his FSU days.

Will wait for an actual judgement (not from the NFL) before judging, but I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if this turns out being true. 

Multiple incidents has taken any benefit of the doubt. 

I do wonder if the NFL will do anything differently when they ultimately find inconclusive evidence.

This is the part of the story I find a little odd:

Kate, a female Uber driver, was hailed to the lively party scene of downtown Scottsdale, Arizona to pick up a passenger around 2 a.m. on Sunday March 13, 2016. There, Kate told BuzzFeed News that a small group of men excitedly told her that she would be chauffeuring someone famous that night — Jameis Winston, 2013 Heisman Trophy winner and now quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The men placed Winston in the front passenger seat — Kate said he was the only passenger.

Does a star athlete's entourage always advertise his presence unnecessarily? Then Winston was 'placed' alone in the car to be taken home, no women or homies with him? The driver likely wouldn't have recognized Winston if his identity hadn't been announced to her, you can tell from the way her complaint was written:

ate filed a complaint with Uber soon after the ride, writing that “apparently a big athlete in the nfl” reached over “and put his fingers on my crotch.”

Plus she's a female in Arizona, logic would suggest she probably wouldn't have recognized him.

Maybe there is something to the story that Jameis used his account to give a friend a ride. Yes, the driver identified him as "physically imposing" but I don't think it's outside the realm of possiblity for an NFL player to be friends with guys who used to play ball at one level or another and may be large as well.

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I didn't follow this bit?

Most hardcore NFL fans would probably recognize Jameis' face. Casual fans, less likely. Someone who lives around FSU would probably be pretty likely as well. This was a young female (not exactly typical NFL demo *usually*) who lived in Arizona, meaning it wouldn't exactly be surprising if she didn't recognize him as Jameis Winston NFL QB.

My point being, his identity had to be announced to her. Just comes off strange to me is all.

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I didn't follow this bit?

Think he means females are - generally speaking - probably less likely to identify a football player by his face. It’s safe most people in Arizona wouldn’t recognize him either. Put the two together, and she probably didn’t recognize him.

Doesnt really take away from her story, though. 

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Doesnt really take away from her story, though. 

No, it doesn't. It just adds a wrinkle as to why his friends would feel the need to draw attention to him within that context. Drunk maybe, or just dumb? Hoping for celeb treatment I guess? It doesn't necessarily mean anything, just something which struck me as curious.

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Most hardcore NFL fans would probably recognize Jameis' face. Casual fans, less likely. Someone who lives around FSU would probably be pretty likely as well. This was a young female (not exactly typical NFL demo *usually*) who lived in Arizona, meaning it wouldn't exactly be surprising if she didn't recognize him as Jameis Winston NFL QB.

My point being, his identity had to be announced to her. Just comes off strange to me is all.

Oh I see

3 hours ago, Phire said:

Obviously wouldn't be shocked if he did this, cause it sounds like Jameis. But I'd like to see Uber's records establishing that Jameis actually has an account and uses their service, and if he does, whether he was a part of that transaction. I'm not saying this is likely, but it's possible someone with his profile was masquerading as him. I just feel like it's a bit weird that a millionaire star athlete taking Uber rides. Maybe it's not uncommon, I don't know. 

If push comes to shove, they should be able to access his phone records for GPS to see if it was him, unless he also let his friend borrow his phone. Only Tom Brady would do that.

This is also his 2nd accusation. This has "out for 6" written all over it, regardless of charges.

Archived