Jameis Winston Under NFL Investigation

cddolphin

21 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It probably IS him, but what can we do if there's no evidence? 

Let the process play out and if it gets to a “he said, she said” stage, the NFL and the Bucs will need to take a view based on what they’ve heard.

Without the driver coming out and saying it categorically wasn’t Winston, he’s going to end up with some kind of suspension, regardless of whether he’s actually done anything or not.

What makes you so sure it was him in the taxi anyway? You never called a taxi in your name for one of your friends?

3 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Let the process play out and if it gets to a “he said, she said” stage, the NFL and the Bucs will need to take a view based on what they’ve heard.

Without the driver coming out and saying it categorically wasn’t Winston, he’s going to end up with some kind of suspension, regardless of whether he’s actually done anything or not.

What makes you so sure it was him in the taxi anyway? You never called a taxi in your name for one of your friends?

I;m not sure, I said "probably". The fact that it was his profile, the driver was told it was an NFL star and that she's naming him - means it is at least probable that it was JW. Hell, Brady got suspended for even less to play with, and a thrown-out-in-court case. 

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I;m not sure, I said "probably". The fact that it was his profile, the driver was told it was an NFL star and that she's naming him - means it is at least probable that it was JW. Hell, Brady got suspended for even less to play with, and a thrown-out-in-court case. 

Yeah, I agree he’ll be suspended unless she comes out and says it definitely wasn’t him.

Winston’s statement says that “may have been confused as to the number of passengers in the car”. If that’s true and there was always more than one passenger, it might be possible to better establish what happened.

Winston will be quickly judged on this due to the previous accusation against him while at FSU. Before anyone gets a bad case of confirmation bias, I’d encourage them to read as much of the background and facts of the FSU case as possible before coming to a conclusion on that incident.

This probably leads to a six game suspension and a very difficult decision for the Bucs.

Just now, Buc Ball said:

Yeah, I agree he’ll be suspended unless she comes out and says it definitely wasn’t him.

Winston’s statement says that “may have been confused as to the number of passengers in the car”. If that’s true and there was always more than one passenger, it might be possible to better establish what happened.

Winston will be quickly judged on this due to the previous accusation against him while at FSU. Before anyone gets a bad case of confirmation bias, I’d encourage them to read as much of the background and facts of the FSU case as possible before coming to a conclusion on that incident.

This probably leads to a six game suspension and a very difficult decision for the Bucs.

I really want you guys to draft a QB. You will know more than me on JW, but I've never been convinced. I watched him butcher your game against us, missing wide open targets etc then all the nonsense like the speech, Evans incident, off-field stuff. Is it not a bit of a grenade?

22 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I really want you guys to draft a QB. You will know more than me on JW, but I've never been convinced. I watched him butcher your game against us, missing wide open targets etc then all the nonsense like the speech, Evans incident, off-field stuff. Is it not a bit of a grenade?

It is and it was a risk to draft him in the first place given both off field stuff and the regression he showed between his freshman and sophomore seasons.

There are rumours going around that he initially injured his shoulder in game 2 v Minnesota and it progressively got worse. Winston has never been known for his accuracy, but everything out of the Bucs in the offseason suggested it was something that he’d improved on massively. There was also a story back in training camp which said that his accuracy was improved by 10% points in practice (the Bucs have logged every throw Winston has ever made), so his clear step back doesn’t make sense.

An injury could explain it, but that could also be wishful thinking.

The incident in the Saints game was a joke  and it’s indicative of the way Koetter is running the team that he doesn’t seem to have been held accountable (publicly at least).

A QB heavy draft could be coming just at the right time for us.

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Ok. Go like a post about rape. 

1. How was that quip above about rape? You sound utterly, utterly desperately pathetic right now. Then, please, tell us more about why sexual assault victims remain quiet. You're obviously an expert. In fact, don't worry. Seeing that you'll just come out with a macho man statement like "You sound like Olivia Benson", I'll do it for you.

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/ezj3vj/why-victims-of-rape-and-abuse-stay-silent

"Social stigma, Self blame, Disbelief, Fear

In the mind of the survivor, there is much to fear. They are afraid of what will happen when they tell, if they’ll be believed, if they’ll I be supported."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/why-women-who-are-sexually-assaulted-remain-silent/article21414605/

Plenty to educate yourself on there, but the big bad man will probably reply with another one-liner 

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

1. How was that quip above about rape? You sound utterly, utterly desperately pathetic right now. Then, please, tell us more about why sexual assault victims remain quiet. You're obviously an expert. In fact, don't worry. Seeing that you'll just come out with a macho man statement like "You sound like Olivia Benson", I'll do it for you.

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/ezj3vj/why-victims-of-rape-and-abuse-stay-silent

"Social stigma, Self blame, Disbelief, Fear

In the mind of the survivor, there is much to fear. They are afraid of what will happen when they tell, if they’ll be believed, if they’ll I be supported."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/why-women-who-are-sexually-assaulted-remain-silent/article21414605/

Plenty to educate yourself on there, but the big bad man will probably reply with another one-liner 

Bro I 100% agree with the stigmas about coming out about sexual assault. Men, and women both. You’re getting butt hurt over something that wasn’t intended to be like that.

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Bro I 100% agree with the stigmas about coming out about sexual assault. Men, and women both. You’re getting butt hurt over something that wasn’t intended to be like that.

OK. Sorry, I misunderstood your post then. 

Archived