MNF Titans vs. Bills

KingTitan

I’m guilty of it, but most of us tried to convince ourselves this team could contend. But we waved the white flag the moment we traded our best offensive player for draft picks.

Everyone wants to talk about injuries and diva nonsense. Cool. Great. In our biggest wins last year, AJB had 91 yards against the Bills, 133 and a TD against the Chiefs, 155 and a TD in Indy, 145 and a TD in primetime against SF and 225 yards and two TDs over our last two playoff games.

We stopped trying to win a ring in 2023 on the first day of the draft. Honestly, probably in March when we looked at the roster and decided to stand pat, but certainly when we decided to trade one of the only true difference makers on the roster.

Look at the way we played Diggs tonight. Or how Minnesota had to play Philly’s top two receivers. There’s just so much free space at the line to set up easy completions. Then look at the way both NYG and the Bills play us. Nothing easy, nothing quick. Absolutely no fear of being punished for pressing at the line.

Our GM has made like three three truly noteworthy draft picks in the last five years and we traded one of them away three years into his rookie deal. We can talk about him not wanting to be here. Blah, blah, blah, blah. Deebo Samuel publicly demanded a trade multiple times. DK wasn’t practicing. Neither was McLaurin. But hey, they all seem to have gotten things done with plenty of time to go.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I’m guilty of it, but most of us tried to convince ourselves this team could contend. But we waved the white flag the moment we traded our best offensive player for draft picks.

Everyone wants to talk about injuries and diva nonsense. Cool. Great. In our biggest wins last year, AJB had 91 yards against the Bills, 133 and a TD against the Chiefs, 155 and a TD in Indy, 145 and a TD in primetime against SF and 225 yards and two TDs over our last two playoff games.

We stopped trying to win a ring in 2023 on the first day of the draft. Honestly, probably in March when we looked at the roster and decided to stand pat, but certainly when we decided to trade one of the only true difference makers on the roster.

Look at the way we played Diggs tonight. Or how Minnesota had to play Philly’s top two receivers. There’s just so much free space at the line to set up easy completions. Then look at the way both NYG and the Bills play us. Nothing easy, nothing quick. Absolutely no fear of being punished for pressing at the line.

Our GM has made like three three truly noteworthy draft picks in the last five years and we traded one of them away three years into his rookie deal. We can talk about him not wanting to be here. Blah, blah, blah, blah. Deebo Samuel publicly demanded a trade multiple times. DK wasn’t practicing. Neither was McLaurin. But hey, they all seem to have gotten things done with plenty of time to go.

It truly is what it is at this point and beating a dead horse 

but…yup. We traded away our best offensive weapon. Essentially starting from scratch now 

If for whatever reason it doesn’t work out with Jon Robinson, just look back 2020 + 2021 draft classes and the AJ Brown decision that led to his demise.

You’re really setting yourself up to fail when you completely whiff on, not one, but two draft classes back to back. 14 picks between the two classes and only 1 starter to show (Fulton) and even he has questions and concerns. The 2021 class still has a chance to turn it around but it doesn’t look promising.

Man our window slammed shut so fast. That Bengals game will go down in infamy. You can't miss on as many draft picks as Robinson has AND trade away a top 3 WR our franchise has ever had. We watched the whole AFC get better this offseason and we plainly got worse. I'm so sad but may be a little relief that I'm not expecting anything the rest of the season. I expect a rebuild after this year. It's going to be a very different football team in 2023

Side note now once again you see the Domino effect of how our defense looks pathetic - pass rush & cover corners. This is for the majority of you all who kept saying Jim Schwartz turned our defense around. As I kept saying we replaced god awful players in jack Crawford, Vic Beasley, Jonathan Joseph etc, & got guys that can ball. I’m not saying Schwartz didn’t play a role with game planning but the defensive scheme remains the same. Schwartz bread N butter always been 4-3 Tampa 2 cover 2 wide 9 ends coming off the edge 

• Like 1

Bottom of the league rushing team. As in dead last.

Team is too predictable in how they try to run the ball. The 60-70% clip on first down is too obvious, and if we have an incomplete pass on first down the whole world knows we're running like morons on 2nd and long.

The sets with Hollister out there really are laughable.

Robinson has only managed to draft 3 starting offensive linemen as a GM, and one of them is a rookie and one is on the Browns.

Has any team in recent memory just straight up gone with a base offense with six offensive linemen? I’m serious. If we want 12 or 22 personnel on the field all the time but our best blocking TE is unathletic, poses no threat in the pass game and is also bad at blocking, we might as well just toss another OL on the field.

more random things that are bugging me to pile on

-Tory Carter is terrible

-Between Kendall Lamm and Jamarco Jones, we've made attempts to strike Dennis Kelly-lightning-in-a-bottle only to have it blow up on our faces.

-If we are hell-bent on running this offense thru Henry, the glaring and repetitive mistakes at OL are just killing us

-MyCole Pruitt>>Geoff Swaim

-Continued decision to not invest in SPEED on this offense catches up to us

-Feared this last year...I question David Long as an unquestioned starter. He and Cunningham have been awful.

-I know we all love Fulton. But he is made of glass.

etc etc!

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Has any team in recent memory just straight up gone with a base offense with six offensive linemen? I’m serious. If we want 12 or 22 personnel on the field all the time but our best blocking TE is unathletic, poses no threat in the pass game and is also bad at blocking, we might as well just toss another OL on the field.

Seahawks used to do it a few years ago.

I said this last year, and I think we finally started doing that some early last night with Radunz. He is a waste at OL might as well make him the blocking TE.

Hell Brewer is pretty athletic he just can't handle a bull rush to save his life. Find a real OG and move him around.

I still can’t figure out how we won 12 games last year. We had to be the worst 12 win team in the history of the league. And by winning 12 games, it fooled the coaches and front office into trying to run it back with a similar (but actually worse) roster. Now I wish we would have lost those close games last year so we would already know that what we are trying to do does not work. 

7 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I will agree and say we shouldn't have traded him. Make him play or sit. 

Still. 

I understand trading him. I wouldn't have, but I understand.

My question still remains, what will AJ look like in November? Would he really made a difference yesterday the way the team was playing?

And maybe Robinson does see the writing on the wall with this roster. Why invest in a WR with shoddy injury history only to be sucking in a year or two. 
As talented as AJ is, he isn't a player that transforms an offense. That's my opinion. And it could be wrong but it's how I feel about it. 

It's a real tricky thing, because here he had 7 games where he didn't crack 50 yards receiving last year. 12 games in total if you count the games he was out. 5 games in 2020 (missed 2 games). So 19 games over the last 2 years where he was pretty much pedestrian or unavailable.  Is that a function of the offense? I don't know. We know he is super talented.  Is that worth $25 million per?

By comparison Deebo only had 4 games of under 50 yards last year (missed 1 due to injury) but 12 games in 2020. 

McLaurin has missed 1 game in his career. and managed to produce despite having significantly worst QB play than AJ. 
Metcalf had 6 games under 50 yards last year without Russ and never missed a game. 

AJ biggest problem was that when he tried to get paid, he did so in arguably his worst year, after missing a career high games and absent in few others. 

I guess imagine if Christian McCaffery tried to become the highest paid RB after the 2021 season. That's extreme but it's the first one that comes to mind. I'm sure they would have had a lot discussion and maybe traded him. They might do so after this year. 

Say all that to say....

It sucks we lost last night..lol