MNF Titans vs. Bills

KingTitan

21 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Following the AFCCG run...has he tho? Yes he got us to that level. But we've taken steps back since then. Some how, some way we clawed our way to the 1 seed last week, but his mistakes in drafting/FA have really come to fruition so far this season

I just think our bubble popped. We turned back into a pumpkin. Teams ebb and flow w/o a franchise QB, so hopefully we can right the ship soon.

Yeah I still think so. He had 2 bad drafts and still managed to keep us in the thick of things. Like you said without a Franchise QB, can you really expect more than a 2-3 year run? Before you have to try to retool it.

I think of the Niners or the Vikings. They had some real close runs but fell short.

We need to find a QB, that's the alpha and omega of it all. 

Just now, MdTitansFan56 said:

You trust this staff to tailor a gameplan to a guys strengths? You trust this oline to protect a you g guy a enough to not completely ruin him? All while you g guy is a tremendous athlete with unlimited potential but extremely raw. I don't think this is the answer personally. This has nothing against Malik but everything to do with the organization 

Well.... you have to at least see? And if they can't, then eventually people will get weeded out.

I do want to see if Vrabel has the gull to make serious changes to flip the tide on his job and career.

Look at the offensive side of the ball differently, make changes. And if he can't, that will be at his own detriment.

I am not gonna sit here and think it's totally not possible and for us to just avoid the inevitable of playing Willis because of it. 

The rest will sort it out on its own, for good or for bad 

31 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The thing to me is Woods actually looked good when he got the ball and was thrown too. 

My only problem with Woods is that I have no idea what his role is supposed to be. He’s kind of a blend of Phillps and Burks. Which would have worked as the clear cut WR2 behind AJ, but now he’s just splitting reps with young players that do the exact same thing as him.

13 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Him throwing 17 passes is not on him. Also as soon as he has the ball the pocket was collapsed constantly. I'm not a Tannehill apologist but he isn't the issue with this team right now. Yeah he threw a dumb pick 6 when the game was out of line. He isn't blocking, he isn't calling the most predictable horrid offense in the league, he isn't back muffing punts, he's not allowing guys to run 5 yards before contact, he's not allowing Diggs to run wide open. Hes not sending out Cody Hollister and Geoff Swaim. The list can go on. No he isn't great but to even bring him up as an issue so far is kinda ridiculous. 

No it's not his fault. 
It's just....I don't know how to explain it. Worst QBs throw more and I don't get it. 

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

No it's not his fault. 
It's just....I don't know how to explain it. Worst QBs throw more and I don't get it. 

The problem with Vrabel and Downing and why we will never win big with them as they are, regardless of QB.

Robinson and Vrabel are far from a short leash, but I really think this puts us in a two year purgatory where we really can't expect anything more than average until they're let go, because we know Vrabels not changing. 

Robinson will need the 2022 and 2023 classes to save himself to me. He hasn't done anything for this team since 2019 and it's too early to judge 2022.

Edited by TitanSS

One last thing with AJ.

I'm willing to bet the Titans had Diggs in mind when they made that trade.

Why did the Vikings trade Stefon Diggs?
The Vikings traded Stefon Diggs amid growing tensions between Diggs and the team. The relationship between the two parties became untenable during the 2019 season that reached a boiling point in October of that season.

Diggs was apparently frustrated with his role in Minnesota's offense, which was beginning to employ a run-heavy approach. He averaged just 4.8 targets per game in his first five games of the season and had three games with 49 or fewer receiving yards

Stefon Diggs and Justin Jefferson trade, revisited: How WRs compare since Bills, Vikings 2020 swap | Sporting News

Meaning, I think they felt we trade our #1 for another #1. 
I'm sure it looked crazy for the Vikings to trade a guy that just had 1100 yards receiving. Justin Jefferson wasn't some crazy can't miss prospect.

Burks isn't either but you can see the talent there. And if Art was still here, I think he'd look better.

Saying that to say, it's not crazy to trade a weapon for an unknown. 
Looking at things, I bet Jefferson gonna wanna leave too if he has to stay with Cousins..lol

Money, Injuries and desire to be here.....are why AJ isn't...

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

The problem with Vrabel and Downing and why we will never win big with them as they are, regardless of QB.

Robinson and Vrabel are far from a short leash, but I really think this puts us in a two year purgatory where we really can't expect anything more than average until they're let go, because we know Vrabels not changing. 

Robinson will need the 2022 and 2023 classes to save himself to me. He hasn't done anything for this team since 2019 and it's too early to judge 2022.

My only problem with is the bolded.
#1 seed (regardless of how empty it felt).
Home playoff game that should have been won ( in Covid year).

Just saying look around the league. Outside of the Rams and the Bucs who won Super Bowls is there a fan base that can say, yep our GM is money!
Chiefs can point to that line that cost them a Super Bowl.
Bills can point to a defense and lack of running game that cost them last year. (Even if they were #1 defense). 
Bengals can point to teams failure to protect their franchise QB. 

And so on...
Yes we can point to areas and be like, yep, he screwed us. But I just find it hard to argue with the results, even if I don't like how we got there. I mean we completely whiffed on a draft class but found some UDFA to do well and street FAs to get us to win. 

It's not just comparing him to what we had at GM, but what's around the league. I just can't say he hasn't done anything.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

We gave him a terrible OL, below average weapons and one of the worst OC’s in the NFL. Yes, no chance.

Only the most elite QBs could succeed in the circumstances we’ve given Tannehill this year. And that’s not him.

O, this year. I was gonna say. He has had some chances with us, 😂. Didn't read that correct, my b.

These were the most important last years of his career, with us, though. He had his chances, I ain't sorry for him. He is just another middle of the road QB. Not a bad dude. I don't even know if a perfect situation gets him a super bowl. That doesn't really exist either in the NFL.

He would have needed a Flacco like hot run to win a chip. And he ain't got that in him. We know that 

Edited by twotonebluenation

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

My only problem with is the bolded.
#1 seed (regardless of how empty it felt).
Home playoff game that should have been won ( in Covid year).

Just saying look around the league. Outside of the Rams and the Bucs who won Super Bowls is there a fan base that can say, yep our GM is money!
Chiefs can point to that line that cost them a Super Bowl.
Bills can point to a defense and lack of running game that cost them last year. (Even if they were #1 defense). 
Bengals can point to teams failure to protect their franchise QB. 

And so on...
Yes we can point to areas and be like, yep, he screwed us. But I just find it hard to argue with the results, even if I don't like how we got there. I mean we completely whiffed on a draft class but found some UDFA to do well and street FAs to get us to win. 

It's not just comparing him to what we had at GM, but what's around the league. I just can't say he hasn't done anything.

Last year we were seeing results of what he had done up to 2019 (alongside us winning a lot of coin flips). It takes 2-3 years for a draft class to take full effect.

This year we're seeing the results of trading away he best player from the 2019 draft class and drafting horribly in 2020 and 2021.

That's why he's not on the hot seat now, but if 2022 and 2023 aren't solid draft classes that will be 4 straight years of not improving the team and he should be gone.