Week 2 Games

Leader

8 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think you'll get one this year from the Packers. There's a crap ton of talent there and it will come together sometime soon. 

It's all up to Barry and his scheming ... can't be a sh..t show like it was last week.  You are correct, there is a ton of talent there but that was a totally unacceptable performance.  Time for his squad to put up or shut up.

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

It's all up to Barry and his scheming ... can't be a sh..t show like it was last week.  You are correct, there is a ton of talent there but that was a totally unacceptable performance.  Time for his squad to put up or shut up.

Maybe even more than Barry, it's up to Butkus. The O line have to all be on the same page and week one they were not. You can't do much about physical fails except build up the body and coach better technique, but you can do rather more (and do it more quickly) about players taking the wrong assignments on a snap. As I understand it, Myers was taken over Creed Humphrey because of his superior mental processing, so they should be getting good calls at the line.

there have been two years where in preseason nothing has been seen from many of the week one starters.......................... and there have been two epic fails. Perhaps next year MLF will take a small risk and play them more. Not a huge amount, just a bit. 

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -  Saints RB Alvin Kamara, dealing with a rib issue, is out for today's game. Not quite ready.

I want a full powered Saints to give TB all they can handle. We’ll see how the new NO offense deals with that defense. Even with Kamara it would be tough. 

Just now, Refugee said:

I want a full powered Saints to give TB all they can handle. We’ll see how the new NO offense deals with that defense. Even with Kamara it would be tough. 

I dont think it's been NOLA's offense that's been winning their games with TPA. How stout the NOLA D is this year relative to years past is the critical question in my mind.

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont think it's been NOLA's offense that's been winning their games with TPA. How stout the NOLA D is this year relative to years past is the critical question in my mind.

This is true but the offense has been dangerous enough and tricky enough under Payton to get some points on the board in some close games. Anyway, here’s to a physical game where both teams wear each other out to the point that week 3 they are still running on fumes. 

4 minutes ago, Refugee said:

This is true but the offense has been dangerous enough and tricky enough under Payton to get some points on the board in some close games. Anyway, here’s to a physical game where both teams wear each other out to the point that week 3 they are still running on fumes. 

Cant say I've paid close attention to NOLA roster moves - but Winston's a step up at QB than Hill IMO and they've got their top WR back and added Landry - so sure, it would be nice if Kamara could go today....but I think they've got enough playmakers on offense to make a game of it - if - their D can continue to shut down Brady and the Tampa offense.