GDT Week 2 : Panthers vs Gmen @ 1:00pm EST

Giants4eva

1-0 boys!!!!!! I think it still hasnt sunk in that we won in week 1. Its a great feeling and just a good way to get things going for 2022. Lets keep it going! Onto week #2 against Baker and Co. I have an itching feeling we can take this one. The Panthers having Baker doesnt worry me at all. The guy who does is Christian McCaffery. The do it all back in their offense. He's a guy we have to figure out a way to contain because if we dont, its gonna be a long afternoon. DJ Moore is a guy we need to keep an eye on as well considering now we are down Aaron Robinson for an unspecified amount of time due to the appendix removal. Gonna be an interesting match up with him. 

On defense the Panthers have 2 excellent linemen in Brian Burns and Derrick Brown. Burns is gonna be a true test for Evan Neal on that right side, so im interested to see how he handles that. Thought he did a very solid job in week 1 and i see that continuing in week 2. 

This game will be interesting for us on our side of the field to see if Kayvon and Azeez play. Still no word yet as to whether they make their debuts. We are gonna need them sooner then later because i wanna see pressure off the edges, something we sorely lacked in week 1. 

DJ, if he can contribute like he did in week 1 and keep his composure and just manage the game like he did, i see us winning this one with a score of 24 - 21. Close one, but one we manage to pull out. Oh.. and im gonna go on a limb here and say Kenny Golladay.. yes him... gets his 1st TD of his mini Giants career this weekend. 

GMEN 24 / Panthers 21

• Like 1

Time to see what Don can really do. The Panthers offensive weapons are more dangerous than the Titans. Our secondary is not going against a #2 type wideout playing in his first game since his ACL injury and a rookie wideout. CMC when healthy is a more explosive back then Henry. They have two legitimate wideouts in DJ Moore and Robbie Anderson. As much as I want Azeez and Kayvon to play in this game, if I am the coaching staff I give them the extra week to make sure they are 100% healthy for the Cowboys.

That being said I trust this coaching staff and I trust Baker to screw things up not to mention we did not beat a lot of last year, but this team was one of them. 

Giants 25

Panther 24

We win it on a last second 52 yard Gano field goal. 

18 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Barkley is going to carry us to average this season. Once upon a time, I wished for the Strouds, the Youngs, the Van Dykes, even the Levis of the world. 

now what. We stuck with Dolphins TannenJones?

That’s a problem for next year, we have a winning record for the first time in a while. Let’s try to enjoy the regular season for once.

But, we will not re-sign Jones to a big contract. About 1/3 of the starting QBs were picked in the top 15 picks currently with the team that selected them. We saw the Russian roulette of quarterbacks moves this year. There will be ones available. Not everything is done in the top 10.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Acgott said:

That’s a problem for next year, we have a winning record for the first time in a while. Let’s try to enjoy the regular season for once.

But, we will not re-sign Jones to a big contract. About 1/3 of the starting QBs were picked in the top 15 picks currently with the team that selected them. We saw the Russian roulette of quarterbacks moves this year. There will be ones available. Not everything is done in the top 10.

DL-LRXyWAAAMW-n.jpg

Cleveland beat Carolina in week 1 for a few reasons:

1. Carolina was sloppy as all hell

2. Cleveland's OL and RBs are really good and were able to run all over Carolina

3. Cleveland was able to get to Mayfield consistently with their edge rushers and with the blitz

Now, the box score and game were closer than they should be thanks to Cleveland allowing some huge explosive plays. We need to limit the explosive plays, run the ball effectively, and get to Baker to have a chance at winning this game. This is not going to be a cakewalk like some may be expecting, and we are only 2.5 point favorites because we are at home.

I'm tempted to go with another 21-20 final for us. Could definitely see us dropping this game though.

It was so fun to watch this team win last week but I think we're going to be brought back to reality in this one. Fans are talking 4-0 but we looked like a 2 win team at halftime last Sunday. We don't match up as well with the Panthers, as others have noted. I think it'll be a competitive game but I see DJ turning the ball over multiple times in this one. 

CAR 24 NYG 13