GDT Week 2 : Panthers vs Gmen @ 1:00pm EST

Giants4eva

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Take it the rookie RT still struggling when on the island?  He wasn't using his size to his strength during the pre season games just wondering if he's still doing it.  I know our interior still needs help.

I didn’t notice anything specific with him, it looked to me more interior, but it’s hard for me to focus on that while watching. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Anyone subscribe to NFL+ to rewatch games?

Trying to figure out if it's worth the 5 bucks a month.

I have NFL+ but they're offering only live radio. You can replay the games when they're over but who wants that?

Maybe NFL+ Premium gives you live video but that costs more. The NFL's media model is hopelessly outdated. They should just stop dicking around and show all the games free IMO.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I have NFL+ but they're offering only live radio. You can replay the games when they're over but who wants that?

Maybe NFL+ Premium gives you live video but that costs more. The NFL's media model is hopelessly outdated. They should just stop dicking around and show all the games free IMO.

On top of that, Sunday Ticket monopoly is having major issues. It’s tough being an out of market fan. At least next week we have MNF for better or for worse. 

• Like 2

I don't think we are a good team, but I can say the Panthers suck. Baker missed a couple of wideouts that were open that could have gone for touchdowns, and there were plenty of times his wideouts dropped the ball on him.  How D.J Moore only gets six targets going against our 3rd string DB makes no sense to me, but glad it made sense to Ben McAdoo. I'll take the win, can't remember the last time Giants were able to win by keeping a drive going. Huge credit to the defense have no idea how they are doing this with all the injuries to our key players.

• Like 4

Just now, Go_Giants said:

I don't think we are a good team, but I can say the Panthers suck. Baker missed a couple of wideouts that were open that could have gone for touchdowns, and there were plenty of times his wideouts dropped the ball on him.  How D.J Moore only gets six targets going against our 3rd string DB makes no sense to me, but glad it made sense to Ben McAdoo. I'll take the win, can't remember the last time Giants were able to win by keeping a drive going. Huge credit to the defense have no idea how they are doing this with all the injuries to our key players.

Oh we are definitely not a good team, but we are winning and surviving. Better than the past. The defense absolutely turned it up once Williams went out. Huge job by them.

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

On top of that Sindau 

On top of that, Sunday Ticket monopoly is having major issues. It’s tough being an out of market fan. At least next week we have MNF for better or for worse. 

Ironically I am an out of state fan yet right now I'm staying in a hotel 12 minutes from Metlife Stadium (in Jersey for a work thing) and I didn't even get to watch the game cause I was driving 😔

• Like 2

Thoughts on yesterdays game... 

1- Once again, a win is a win is a win. We won ugly. Nothing flashy, nothing elegant. It was grind out style game that came down to a few key plays and heavy reliance on the foot of Graham Gano. 

2- Daniel Jones, again, seemed like the game that Daboll is developing for him is that of a game manager. He's having him take what the defense gives him. He had a couple downfield throws that were decent but there was a few times he missed out on wide open men downfield. The overthrow to Shep was bad, that was 7 pts going our way and then of course the BS call on interference on Sills that negated that big play to Toney. Jones is doing just enough to get us thru. His legs on that final drive helped to seal the victory. Jones ability to take a sack and hang on to the ball has been vastly improved so thats good but he needs to get on a roll and start showing some serious flash. 

3- Overall offense isnt bad, but its not exactly good either. Saquon is playing his best ball but we gotta some more production out of the WRs. So far Richie James has been our best WR and truly been a godsent for us. But we need to see our full offense come to life sooner than later. 

4- Oline didnt have its best game yesterday, 3 sacks on Jones, alot of botched assignments. 2 rookies on the line right now is tough with Ezeudu (yes i know he splits with Bredeson) and Evan Neal. Gonna take time to get this line functioning as a cohesive unit. 

5- This defense has truly been inspiring. The fact we have now played 2 games in a row without the 2 top pass rushers has been incredible. Hats off to Wink and game planning and moving men into their best positions. The guy ive been most impressed with is surprisingly Jihad Ward, hes been making plays for us left and right and seems to just have a knack for being in the right place at the right time. Big Kat and Dex have played awesome. Hats off this whole group. 

6- If Graham Gano isn't this teams MVP already... i don't know who is. 4/4 for us ? Including hits from 52 and 56 yds? That boy is money. 

The Giants have like 6 good players (Saquon, Leo, Adoree Jackson, Mckinney, Andrew Thomas, and Gano) and the coaching staff is carrying us to wins. You can tell by Daboll and Schoens' reactions that they were expecting to be 0-2. So happy to finally have a good coaching staff. Can't wait until we can actually get some talent on this team.

Schoen is definitely pissed though because now he is gonna have to sell the farm to get a QB instead of being able to grab one with a top-5 pick lol.

IMO, grab Anthony Richardson (as raw as he is) and give him a full year+ to sit and learn.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

The Giants have like 6 good players (Saquon, Leo, Adoree Jackson, Mckinney, Andrew Thomas, and Gano) and the coaching staff is carrying us to wins. You can tell by Daboll and Schoens' reactions that they were expecting to be 0-2. So happy to finally have a good coaching staff. Can't wait until we can actually get some talent on this team.

Schoen is definitely pissed though because now he is gonna have to sell the farm to get a QB instead of being able to grab one with a top-5 pick lol.

IMO, grab Anthony Richardson (as raw as he is) and give him a full year+ to sit and learn.

What do u make of DJ at this point? Say we do draft a QB, is Jones gonna still be a Giant? Would we extend him say 2 years as a stop gap to a bigger prospect? And relegate him to backup?

15 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

What do u make of DJ at this point? Say we do draft a QB, is Jones gonna still be a Giant? Would we extend him say 2 years as a stop gap to a bigger prospect? And relegate him to backup?

Tyrod Taylor signed a 2 year deal. Unless DJ balled out, Taylor was always going to be the transition QB in 2023. Daboll and the Giants do not trust DJ to go out and win them games, which no matter how he was playing, is a huge problem that indicates he isn't the guy. He's gone after this year, no doubt. He'll probably go to New Orleans or Indianapolis or something.