Pitching Coach - Mickey Callaway
Hitting Coach - Ty Van Burkleo
Base Coaches - Sandy Alomar Jr. / Mike Sarbaugh
Bench Coach - Brad Mills

Current Roster w/ DL Players C - Yan Gomes / Roberto Perez
1B - Edwin Encarnacion / Carlos Santana
2B - Jason Kipnis / Erik Gonzalez
3B -  Jose Ramirez / Giovanny Urshela / Yandy Diaz
SS - Francisco Lindor (No backup needed)
LF - Michael Brantley
CF - Bradley Zimmer
RF - Lonnie Chisenhall

Plattoon OFs - Abraham Almonte / Brandon Guyer / Austin Jackson / Tyler Naquin / Daniel Robertson

SP - Corey Kluber
SP - Carlos Carrasco
SP - Danny Salazar
SP - Trevor Bauer
SP - Josh Tomlin needs upgrade

CP1 - Cody Allen
CP2 - Andrew Miller
RP - Bryan Shaw
RP - Dan Otero
RP - Nick Goody
LRP - Zach McAllister

Plattoon Pitching - Tyler Olson / Mike Clevinger / Cody Anderson / Ryan Merritt / Boone Logan / Shawn Armstrong / Kyle Crockett

OUR FUTURE
C - Francisco Mejia
RHP - Triston McKenzie
OF - Greg Allen
OF - Will Benson
1B - Bobby Bradley
LHP - Brady Aiken
SS - Yu-Cheng Chang
RHP - Adam Plutko
3B - Nolan Jones

FO made a great move calling up Zimmer when they did. Also thankful for the injuries that have allowed him to show he should be a every day starter and not just a platoon guy. FO has done a great job the past couple of time they have decided to call up a prospect. They called up Lindor at the perfect time, Zimmer seems to be perfect timing. You could say the same about Clevinger.

I really wonder when they might give Francisco Mejia a look. I cant remember where I read or listen too but they said when the roster expands that he should be one of the call ups this year to give him experience. They said it be smart to call him up and give him the role of only catching one or two pitchers and thats it. Kinda do what the Cubs did with Contreras last year only having him catch Lester. 

The one saving grace with Gomes is his defensive ability and his relationships with the pitchers but it be nice to break in Mejia

• 2 weeks later...

Back to back great starts vs. the Rockies.  Kluber was brilliant, and Trevor Bauer has thrown the ball very well as of late.  

If Cookie and Salazar stabilize things, it could make for a very interesting end of the season and postseason (hopefully).

I hope that Miller comes back healthy very soon.  I'm becoming less and less confident in Cody Allen.  Hopefully the front office is working the phones to see if there is another arm or two that could be added to the bullpen.

man I was nervous about this road trip. No off days because of the make up game with Boston and playing teams that have been a thorn in the side of the Indians in recently memory.

Only thing the Indians have dude on this road trip is make the game seem extremely easy. The overall pitching over this road trip has been amazing. Only gave up 20runs over the past 10 games. I believe in the first 5 games alone in this road trip the Indians accumulated 20runs.

Thankful the Kluber injury was only a lower ankle sprain and shouldn't miss his next start 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2017 at 10:11 PM, bkobow05 said:

Just wanna say on behalf of Brewers fans...

Thank you for Jesus Aguilar. Hasn't been crazy good but he's been vital for us. 

What can I say except, you're welcome, for the wonderful world you know.

Archived