Winston Groping Incident Under Investigation

kgarrett12486

The NFL is investigating Jameis Winston for allegedly groping an Uber driver in March 2016.

The driver says Winston groped her crotch at a fast food restaurant drive thru as they were waiting for Winston's food around 2 AM on March 13 in Scottsdale, Ariz. The driver, "Kate", reported the incident to Uber but did not go to police. Winston was accused of rape in 2012 at Florida State but wasn't charged in the matter.

Oh boy...

Just read in a newer article that Jameis was banned by Uber the next day cuz the girl reported him. Seems like there was some definite foul play in that case. 

The problem is there is now a clear pattern. Not saying Mariota would have been the better player or even turn out to be a Super Bowl winning QB, but this was the risk with Jameis and it looks like he couldn't kick the stupidity. 

This is unfortunate, but if we fire Licht and Koetter and there is any validity to these claims, depending on how high we pick, I could see a new regime going after a QB and trading Jameis. That kind of behavior can't be tolerated if it's going on.

The statement from the agent is very telling.   By suggesting the victim couldn't identify the accused in a one passenger ride, I'm assuming the explanation was that he was never in the car in the first place.  Maybe I'm misinterpreting the statement.  He didn't go with the she said, he said claim.  Just wait and see how it plays out.

7 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Just read in a newer article that Jameis was banned by Uber the next day cuz the girl reported him. Seems like there was some definite foul play in that case. 

The problem is there is now a clear pattern. Not saying Mariota would have been the better player or even turn out to be a Super Bowl winning QB, but this was the risk with Jameis and it looks like he couldn't kick the stupidity. 

This is unfortunate, but if we fire Licht and Koetter and there is any validity to these claims, depending on how high we pick, I could see a new regime going after a QB and trading Jameis. That kind of behavior can't be tolerated if it's going on.

I can see Goodell suspending him for 6 games next year. Hell treat this similarly to zeke. 

Until anything is proven one way or another acting like he did it is just wrong.  Just like it was wrong at FSU it's wrong now.  

The only thing certain is that his choice of friends is very bad it seems.  

Believing accusations at face value is a very dangerous thing to do. More info will come out, once enough information is out there then we can all make conclusions, but to so now is just not right 

For me, this is a pretty important piece when trying to establish credibility between two sides.  The accuser says there was one passenger, Winston s agent suggests multiple individuals in the car.  I am certainly not suggesting something did or did not happen, but why the discrepancy especially when the Uber representative apparent voice mail suggested multiple individuals.   

Archived